The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

how to reduce JPG file size

Discussion in 'Forum How-To's' started by 48lowes, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 48lowes

48lowes Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2009
    illinoize
    I've manipulated pics for years now. The one thing I can't seem to accomplish is reducing them down to the 50K limit needed for my albums. I've tried paint shop pro, some online programs & reducing them in the camera. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    thanks

2. Kurt

Kurt Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    I use the program Compupic from photodex.com. A simple pull-down menu command allows resizing to whatever size you want. Compupic also allows sharpening, color changing, and other effects.

Photodex - CompuPic Pro

Its actually the only way I know how to do this. Never used photoshop myself. Not sure how much overlap there is between the two programs, but I've used this program for many years. There is a 30 day free trial, but I think the $50 is worth it. Very easy to use and organize photos too.

3. Kewtsquirrel

Kewtsquirrel Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Microsoft Paint works great for this, just hit shift-w and resize them to whatever %. Even dropping to 99% will usually cut them at least in half. Shouldn't be too hard to get them to 50k in jpg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.