How to stop all the leaking/flooding/popping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I quit vaping before because of this problem, and I'm going to quit again if I can't figure it out. I just got the heck burned out of my mouth/throat/lips by boiling hot 45mg nic juice, so I'm extra frustrated. Leaking juice is my biggest pet peeve and enough to make me give up immediately.

What am I doing wrong that every vape setup I've ever had has flooded on me all the time? I'm currently ready to trash my Joyetech AIO box and Eleaf Icare Solo, but they're just the latest in a LONG line of vapes since 2011. I've tried tightening and loosening coils, laying vapes on their side, keeping them upright, blowing into them... Nothing helps. I get gurgling and terrifying popping any time I stop using the vape for more than a few minutes. Help!

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
@stillalive

I use a different setup but gave my father an eGo AIO Pro and is working great for him, hasn't complained about the problems you are referring.

So my guess is that your problem can be related to the e-liquid you are using.

My father is vaping a 40pg/60vg juice @ 12 mg of nic (the same one I use), if your liquid is to thin that may be the problem.

I would also note that 45mg nic liquid might be to strong for your setup

The AIO Pro C also comes with a plastic drip tip with some kind of helicoid air path that minimizes or prevents spit back

So my suggestion is that you should check what liquid you are using, try the same drip tip I was referring and maybe if you are a MTL try the 0.6 ohms coils.

You should also check your airflow adjustments because if your vape style is with strong puffs, the heavy suction may be flooding the coil.

The eGO AIO Pro does not leak because it is TPD compliant

Hope you solve the problem!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Floss1962

Nov 30, 2015
Victoria
I never fill my tank. If it is a 2 ml I use 1.5ml. But I understand about the spit and pop. How can you stop it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a 70/30 36mg liquid that I have always used. I have no problems with a basic aspire cartomiser but when I try to upgrade to nautilus or joytech have problems. Looking forward to hearing the solution

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
I use a 70/30 36mg liquid that I have always used. I have no problems with a basic aspire cartomiser but when I try to upgrade to nautilus or joytech have problems. Looking forward to hearing the solution

70pg?

Maybe a thicker liquid?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
If you can't fill a tank to the top something is seriously wrong in my opinion. I fill my nautilus Minis more than the recommended level by using a little trick I found on the Web which you might flood the coil but is easily cleared with blowing it out backwards. Instead of quitting you might want to switch to a better device for a beginner with a more cigarette like draw.

Reactions: RainSong

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Hm, maybe too thin a liquid is the problem. I should have specified—I'm using 12mg 70pg/30vg Aroma E-Juice in my AIO box (not pro) and the 45mg nic with, I believe, 60vg/40pg in the Icare Solo. I'll try the vg heavy juice in the AIO box because I was having zero problems with it before using my roommate's juice, which was lower nic but also high vg. Thanks so much, @Tomasius74 !

Reactions: Tomasius74

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I never fill my tank. If it is a 2 ml I use 1.5ml. But I understand about the spit and pop. How can you stop it?

Ive found that when the wick fits loosely in the coil it will pop and snap more than a wick that is snug in a coil....

Reactions: DaveP

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hm, maybe too thin a liquid is the problem. I should have specified—I'm using 12mg 70pg/30vg Aroma E-Juice in my AIO box (not pro) and the 45mg nic with, I believe, 60vg/40pg in the Icare Solo. I'll try the vg heavy juice in the AIO box because I was having zero problems with it before using my roommate's juice, which was lower nic but also high vg. Thanks so much, @Tomasius74 !
That is very thin, if possible try a mtl drip tip like this one. It'll still pop and spit but that'll keep it out of your mouth.
307bc52e57b5165eca9338f72b80cbb8.jpg
I use these on my squonk setups, which tend to pop and spit no matter what, bc they keep me from swallowing juice.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kayfun has been a leak free tank for me as long as the o-rings are in good shape. I fill to the top, but leave an air bubble about the size of a pea in the tank to prevent vacuum lock.

Body heat in a pocket on a hot day can contribute to expansion leaks. If you are vaping 45mg juice you probably aren't a high watt vaper or a cloud maker. Try the Kayfun Lite Plus V2 or the Kayfun V5.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I use 80PG 20 VG, on the wicking I got popping when the cotton was to tight, I also switched to a better, more expensive cotton that helped. I don't think you mentioned the temp or wattage you are using, high temps make the popping worse. I've had problems with RBA's leaking but regular tanks seem to be holding the juice.
I always run to Youtube videos to help solve problems, type in the name of the tank and the problem and it should give you a list of videos related to the input.
I have an Eleaf Pico that I'd recommend, good price, produces good vapor and flavor, easy nagivation.

Reactions: RainSong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread