How to store Nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
So I have a bottle of 100mg nicotine arriving in the mail tommorow. VG and PG can just be stored in my closet or something but how is nicotine stored in the freezer? Like How do you unthaw it when you need it and make sure it doesnt break in the freezer. Also are you suppose to warm it up to room temperature to mix with it or do people just mix with it when its almost frozen. Thanks

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Like How do you unthaw it when you need it and make sure it doesnt break in the freezer.

It isn't going to freeze in any freezer you have at home, and the container isn't going to break. Do let it come up to room temperature before mixing. Any vg in the mixture will become very viscous at low temperatures. A lesser problem with pg, but let them both come up to room temperatures, anyway.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
The easiest way is to break it down into smaller size glass bottles then wrap in bubble wrap, tin foil and put in plastic Baggie and freeze. Take out one smaller bottle to work with and let it reach room temp.
No idea where ill get multiple glass bottles but thanks for the advice, this is a good idea

Reactions: bnrkwest

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
If you decide to buy nic in bulk, I like these bottles with eurodropper inserts for syringe dispensing and spill-protection, plus the inserts act as a gasket similar to a polycone cap.

Essential Oil Amber Dropper Bottles | Specialty Bottle

Also available in blue and green glass. Prices are comparable to the Glass Bottle Outlet. Leave a few mL of headspace in the bottle for freezer storage. I've never had a break in the freezer, but putting the bottle in a ziplock freezer baggie is not a bad idea, nor is a bit of padding like a paper towel or bubble wrap if you are concerned.

You might be interested in my Sticky on this: Long Term Nic Storage

Depending on how much room you have and how much you buy, you may want larger bottles for most of the nic, and smaller for dispensing from. Most of my storage bottles are 50 mL (2 oz), also for dispensing for daily use, with larger ones for bulk storage.

Been doing it this way for almost 7 years, and my liquids are as fresh as the day I put them in the freezer, many more than 6 years old now. Same for many others here. I expect many years of virtually 100% preservation doing this.

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread