Howdy Ho Neighborinos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Y'all!
I am relatively new to the vaping world. I smoked cigarettes a long time ago (2006) and just never got completely hooked, ultimately a good thing. I always had an oral fixation though. Usually, I just did the toothpick or lollipop thing instead. Anyway, I started dating a vaper about six months ago and would take hits off of his mod when he wasn't around. So, when he said he needed to get a new one, I came forth and we both got new Voopoo Drag 2s.

Now, he gives me a hard time because when I inhale I tend to drag really hard, with the air flow fully open. I find that if I don't it burns through coils really quickly and I can't handle that taste at all. Am I actually doing something wrong here?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

“Wrong” is a strong word in this case, but maybe.

The drag 2 kit comes with the Uforce 2 atomizer. Is that the tank you are using? If so, there are two or 3 things to look at that we need more data on:

Airflow: what is your airflow setting?

Coil type: which model of coil are you using? There are several and they’re all different.

Wattage: what power level are you using and what setting are you vaping in?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Now, he gives me a hard time because when I inhale I tend to drag really hard, with the air flow fully open. I find that if I don't it burns through coils really quickly and I can't handle that taste at all. Am I actually doing something wrong here?
Why does your friend give you a hard time for taking a really hard drag? He/she must have a reason? Inquiring minds want to know...

Hey I'm not familiar with that model... But there are good models for "hard draggers".. If it's dtl (direct to lung) then with a lower ohm coil like 0.5 it should be OK.. And if not you could always progress to sub ohm. Good luck
It is DL and subohm.

Reactions: Opinionated
I suspect this may possibly be a sex joke. Not sure. I’m not reliably good at sarcasm and double entendres
In all fairness, this is the last conversation we had on the topic:

me: ::deep hard inhale::
him: suck it! squeeze it! tug it! jerk it!
me: different toy.

:facepalm: this is the story of how i got banned day one... haha

Reactions: gandymarsh

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I suspect this may possibly be a sex joke. Not sure. I’m not reliably good at sarcasm and double entendres
I assumed it was no more than a reasonable suggestion. How could we know why the boyfriend disapproves of the OP's vaping style? Are ECFers omniscient and I didn't realize it?

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Got that tank, got those coils. I use mine at 65w. Often coils will have what is a suggested range of wattage to use. It's just a suggestion though based on average users input during production/testing. Often I find those suggestions too high, sometimes theyre good. All personal choice.
I was going to say "yes, your inhaling wrong, put a clothes peg on your nose and wear swimming goggles. And dont forget the beanie hat with the propeller on top" but that advice is for more advanced users.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
to be clear, OP was legitimately concerned she was inhaling incorrectly for the device.
I understand, and I'm sorry if my posts sounded snippy. But I still think @Baditude's suggestion that you ask your boyfriend what he thinks you're doing wrong is a good one. He's the man on the ground, after all.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
But I still think @Baditude's suggestion that you ask your boyfriend what he thinks you're doing wrong is a good one. He's the man on the ground, after all.
Ordinarily, I advise new vapers to use a gentler draw technique. Drawing too hard can cause too much e-liquid to get to the coil, causing a flooded tank, spitback of e-liquid, and gurgling. But this doesn't appear to be the case in this situation. I've got nothing else.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Seriously - I agree with others to ask him what he thinks is wrong. As long as you are in the safe range for your battery and coil type you can and should vape in a way that is satisfying to you. I keep the airflow fully open and use a .5 coil and it works for me.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
In all fairness, this is the last conversation we had on the topic:

me: ::deep hard inhale::
him: suck it! squeeze it! tug it! jerk it!
me: different toy.

:facepalm: this is the story of how i got banned day one... haha

Guys usually like it when we suck it hard. Yours obviously has issues. lol...

At any rate, Baditude's comment wasn't sexual. If you want to know why your BF is teasing you then you need to ask him because your not doing anything "wrong".

There is no wrong way to vape, there is simply how you prefer to vape. If what your doing works for you, then you are vaping correctly.

Most people vape under the recommended wattage because often manufacturers inflate numbers, they are famous for it and that might be some of why your experiencing a burnt taste vaping normally.

To alleviate that you could try dialing down the wattage a bit, but if what your doing now works for you, then you certainly don't have to.

It's nice to meet you, and welcome to ECF!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Depends on what you are trying to achieve. My goal is the best taste I can get with a decent cloud. To obtain my goal, I found the following links helped:
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour Chasing: 10 Tips To Maximise Flavour
How many watts do you vape at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread