Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Dragged my gear thieving husband down to the vape shop today in the hopes of him finding a juice he liked. He does have a new favorite, however, his new favorite is also one of my favorites, and it only comes in 30 ml bottles. It isn't something I can buy in a larger quantity. He's never been to a vape shop before. He didn't want to start vaping in the first place. He simply felt guilty for smoking after I quit. As a result, nearly all of his upgraded and advance gear are things he's taken from me. Last thing I need is a fight over the same juice too.

He found something he liked all right. Stuff that steeped for several months in an oak barrel and costs a fortune of course. Only comes in 3mg nic, and needs to be dripped. So now, the Tobh clone in black that I just got to match my black copper stingray is now sitting on the Hcigar Nemesis clone that I was actually hoping to get back from him one day. That's not going to happen now, and he just swiped my new dripper to boot. I set it up nicely too. Running at .6 ohms. Dual microcoils. Next time I'll see it is when it's time to recoil.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
You'll both have to get on a "vape budget". "Shinyitis" adds up fast when there are two. Maybe you'll be lucky and he will have no interest in this forum, and will be happy to have you do all the exploring.

You might consider getting into DIY. If the e-liquid he loved is 5-Pawns Castle Long, then this thread may be just for you: Castle Long Clone Thread:)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I always get two of everything. One for her, one for me. Sometimes two for her, one for me.
I like that!! You're a very considerate husband.:)

I do have a couple of things that are mine. I asked permission to get a Sigelei Zmax for Fathers Day. Had to give her my cheap mech.
And I like that too! You too got something you wanted (and you found a good home for your cheap mech mod).:)

I love seeing a good marriage at work.:D There are far too many that don't work at all. At least from my point of view.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I fell asleep after I posted this last night, and now I'm on he way to work. I think the shop we went to has a website though, so I'll look up the name of it when I get in. The juice itself is called Sir James. I just forget the name of the company. Very dark liquid too, so dripping is ideal for it even if it came stronger.

I did actually start buying two of everything until I went into mechs and drippers. Since hubby wasnt making vaping his hobby, and was only interested in getting his nicotine with a dependable device, once he got a Provari I stopped buying things in twos. Can't really afford to do that for long anyway. I did kind buy in a two when I got the nemesis though. I got him a gripper to use for work and softball. He likes smaller devices for those things. Figured he be happy with that, but then he started using my kicked Nemesis so much it was "absorbed" into his collection.

The dripper he pretty much just outright claimed last night. Had me remove MY Kick from MY Nemesis so he could drip all night. The set up was still in his hand this morning, as he slept. I managed to twist the locking ring so it would fire in bed before I left, but there was no getting it out of his hand. Left behind my volt meter for him so he doesn't over drain his battery and take one of mine. =\. I didn't think he would ever sub ohm. Told me he didn't like that I was. Said it sounded dangerous. Now he's sleeping with sub ohm rigs.

Hubby will actually be by these boards soon I think. He's a chef, and asked about making his own juice last night. He has no patience to post 5 times in the newbie section so he may wind up browsing the DIY section under my name. He's also asked me about labels and bottles. Says he knows his flavors as a chef, and is thinking of starting his own line.

Looks like vaping really did get him, but in a different way then me. He wants to get creative with the juice, while I mostly drool of all the shiny stuff. Should work out nicely though. He'll save us money by mixing the juice, and I'll have more to spend on gear I know I'll have to "share".

Yes, I will need to buy more drippers, and I don't think he'd object. If he's mixing his juice, easiest way to try it is on a dripper. I think I'm about to be granted an unlimited dripper budget....

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I like that!! You're a very considerate husband.:)

And I like that too! You too got something you wanted (and you found a good home for your cheap mech mod).:)

I love seeing a good marriage at work.:D There are far too many that don't work at all. At least from my point of view.

OH, I don't know about that

49 years and counting
    image_zps7fbb60d6.jpg

And she leaves my vape stuff alone ;)

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Here's the juice:
    Sir James

It's actually pretty good. I don't know about $40 for 30ml good, but it came in a cute little wooden treasure chest that was signed and dated on the inside and I'm a huge sucker for packaging. I'll buy more just for the chest, and hubby truly enjoys dripping it. It's rare to see him truly enjoy a vape related activity, and the more he enjoys the more I get to spend. :evil: Granted, he steals more from me then, but as others have pointed out, that's all the more reason to buy more.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY

It's not on the Menu card. The name of it is Sir James. It has it's own link on their site. Not for sale through their site though. I think you can only buy it from one of their vendors. It's only available at 3mg nicotine level. Bottle top is sealed in gold wax, and it comes in a wooden treasure chest with a soft little cushion in the bottom. The lid is signed and dated by them. I'm using the box to store some stuff from my Hydra mod. The small extension tube and the Zorba attachment. Hubby keeps the bottle of juice itself glued to one hand and his Nemesis glued to the other. It's gonna go fast unfortunately. I told him to treat it like a fine wine. Take "sips" and roll the vapor around in his mouth. Instead, he resembled a steam engine last night.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Here's more on it.

Lazarus Vintage Sir James 1776 - Vape Notes

I kind of agree with the author here. It's a great juice. Really, it is. However, the price... I understand more time went into it, etc... My husband may even buy some more when he's finished with what he has. But that'll be on him. I'm happy with the little treasure chest box I got from this one.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    Hmm... Seems to be very difficult to get Sir James onlline, but my local vendor is offering it through their site. They just opened recently, so the online shopping section has no pics of anything, but you can order Sir James online through them.

https://squareup.com/market/j-and-a-vapes

Just click on Lazarus Vintage and they have Sir James listed as an option. Can't seem to find it elsewhere. Hubby will kill me when/if they sell out and he finds out that I posted it on a forum for everyone to see. Ah well. It'll save me some money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread