Huge Pilot Fan (M401)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I LOVE my Pilot! It has plenty of vapor, but does NOT typically have a good "throat hit", but that is not a major selling factor for me. Feels like a cig and has a great size. Cart and battery last quite some time and it is very reliable and consistent! Each model is subjectively viewed depending on your needs.. I suggest watching plenty of video reviews on the model you want before buying it to see if it has what is important to you.
Hey spikey, please tell me something if you can, do you know if puresmokers M401 is the same as this M401 Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - M - 401

Stupid question??, maybe, but since i am unable to buy from puresmoker.com i just want to be sure...

Last edited:

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
I actually own an evo and don't own a pilot. I turned my buddy on to e-cigs and puresmoker a month or so ago, and he ordered a pilot recently. He brought it over and i liked it about as much as the evo. Pilot had a lighter draw than the evo did, but evo produced more smoke. Also the evo has better batteries.
My point is that both are quality products. The pilot is an excellent 401 type e-cig and if you are thinking of getting one it's a really good investment imo.

Hey spikey, please tell me something if you can, do you know if puresmokers M401 is the same as this M401 Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - M - 401

Stupid question??, maybe, but since i am unable to buy from puresmoker.com i just want to be sure...

Looks like it might be similar... but I trust the quality and reliability of PureSmoker more. The atomizers seem to last better than other 401 models (from what I have read... ). Even with the EVO.. many people say the Pilot atomizer on the EVO battery is a great thing (EVO battery supposed to last longer). I would not buy a generic brand unless you are only going to use it as a backup. I would wait for PureSmoker (unless you can't order from them for some reason).

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Yeah spikey steve does not sell to oceanic countries like Australia ….Sad but true! ….But if i can find an alterative that sells Steve’s identical M401 then more the better, I guess i will just have to take the risk that Absolutely e-Cig’s M401 is the original 401 and not a generic

Ok thanks for your help spikey one :)

Hey all,
I am new to the forum and I am thinking about buying my first ecig. It looks like the Pilot hybrid from puresmoker. com is the way to go, but they dont sell car chargers and I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is any place that does have them? Also, it says there is a 1-2 minute wait after the cutoff time? That seems like an awfully long wait, is that accurate? I was wondering if it is indeed the Pilot Hybrid m401/m402 you have Spikey?
Thanks guys I look forward to talking to you all after I get it.
Amaya

Welcome to the forums Zombie Killer. If you need to charge in the car, there's all kinds of things you can do. Once you have your 4 series USB charger, you want to go to Wally World (Walmart) and get a 12V to USB adaptor. You can even order a cheap one off Ebay, but the one I got was crappy and large. It would hit my shifter in every car I put it in, so don't be stingy get a good return policy. This should take care of your in car USB needs.

And yes, there is a cutout time which is incredibly long. Seems to be forever when you need to hit the vapors. The Pilot has a 6-7 second hitting time as opposed to the EVO which is 3-4 seconds. To me 3-4 seconds was too short and if I wasn't paying attention I'd get cut off. Although you can hit it pretty hard, I would prefer the Pilot just for that prolonged hit when needed. Great choice on first E-Cig!

udave

ECF Veteran
I'm not big on the M401/EVO/Pilot. On the plus side, I find the auto switch is responsive, and the battery wears like iron. On the minus side, however: the carts are too small and fiddly to top off, you get too much juice-in-the-mouth, the battery cut-off is annoying, and the throat hit goes in and out. It's a big advance in mini e-cig engineering, but it's not for me.

I haven't had much trouble with topping off or juice in the mouth, but that 2 minute cut-off is annoying. 7-8 seconds seems like such a long time for one drag, but I seem to hit the cut-off all the time anyway. And I've also noticed the throat hit going in and out, it is there more often than not though.

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Just got my Pilot and it's my first one, so there is no comparison. But after all my reserch I got just what I wanted. Compact, great weight and balance. Good vapor and great batt life. If the throat hid is what I get here and there then yes it comes and goes and you can keep it. I smoke(ed) strong analogs and the pilot has sent me into coughing fits (hit or miss). I live in Vermont and it works in the cold 10 deg F. Just kept in my pocket and pulled out and enjoy. Kind'ov wrapped my hand around to keep it warm (watching out for the holes). Small carts reallu suck though. I'm always topping off and playing with my e-mix to get that right consitancy. It's a little thick right now or I got to much batting or something.

Smooth and looks great. I am happy with my Pilot.:w00t::thumbs: I have an Evo on the way wich I expect is pretty much the same thing. I plan on a 901 or SD but I will prob just mod my own. Magnum makes me drool:p

Small carts reallu suck though. I'm always topping off and playing with my e-mix to get that right consitancy. It's a little thick right now or I got to much batting or something.
:p
I don't know why.. but when I pre-fill carts with syringes or the paperclip trick (see intro to vaping video around 17 min in I think?) and I let them sit for a few hours.. they last much longer than if you just top off (4-5X as long!)... also.. puff out the stuffing a little so it is not recessed too far into the cart and it wicks the atomizer better.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I don't know why.. but when I pre-fill carts with syringes or the paperclip trick (see intro to vaping video around 17 min in I think?) and I let them sit for a few hours.. they last much longer than if you just top off (4-5X as long!)... also.. puff out the stuffing a little so it is not recessed too far into the cart and it wicks the atomizer better.

Spikey--you are right on point. Filling the cartridge from the bottom up using a syringe or inkjet printer filler lets the polyester fill fully wick. Topping off does not allow for the full benifit of wicking the entire cartridge--only the top---Sun

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Today is my first day with my Pilot and so far I'm loving it. It's producing tons of vapor, It's easy to use and it's sexy as hell. Even the packaging is sexy. Thanks to all those that went before me and allowed me to learn from their experiences.

Sounds like my post somewhere when I got my Pilot. It is so sexy, aint it? Love this thing.:w00t::thumbs:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I have a Pilot from PureSmoker, and I think it looks great and feels wonderful to hold. However, it's more work than I want. The carts don't last very long, and maybe I'm lazy, but I don't like to fiddle with a paperclip and a syringe every time I want to vape. (If I try to top off or refill without popping it up with the paperclip, I inevitably wind up with a mouthful of nicquid . . . I'm just not coordinated enough, I guess.)

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to make more noise than any of my other models. No big deal in a setting with ambient noise, but a bit disconcerting if you're in a quiet room. :)

Having said that, though, I still use it from time to time. I figure I get one or two analogs worth of enjoyment from a full cartridge, and that's how I use it . . . if I want to feel like I've smoked one or two analogs. The batteries seem to last a long time (I have the old style, not hybrid), although that's probably due in no small part to the fact that I don't use it a lot, just once or maybe twice a day. Right now, I'm on the same battery I had on Tuesday. Yeah, I really don't use it often. :)

For pure vaping pleasure, however, I much prefer my penstyle.

MisterPuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Oklahoma City, Ok. U.S.A
I have both the rn penstyle and a m-401 (not a pilot, not sure if it's a big difference), I love my penstyle but have found that since i got the 401 I seldom use it.

The throat hit is decent, great smoke volume, comfortable to hold- Feels more like a cigarette than a swisher sweet cigarro , no cleaning cycle (That kills me. Even after cleaning that taste stays for awhile. Huge downside to a lot of the older penstyles), I dont have any issues with refilling the carts but I use a needle to avoid chance of spillage so that doesnt mean much.

Can't attest to longevity as I've only had it a week or so,

Now both my batteries seem to last about 8 hours each and recharge in 6, I've read in various places that this really varies from battery to battery, but I puff on it non-stop all day and night, so this works for me.

I got the 401 because I wanted a good back-up ecig, but I'm sold on it hardcore. My penstyle is benched as my back-up now and I plan on making sure I have plenty of 401 parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread