Status
Not open for further replies.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Well I put my order on the list but I have a question. Is there a screw to cover up that other open hole? I don't see how you could vape it and it not leak out of the hole if they're right next to each other.

Edit: Dual and/or U-wicks are NOT my bag of tea so I have no interest in running anything but a single wick and coil setup. I feel like when tipped to vape surely liquid will come pouring out of an open hole that's like a couple mm away from the wick, correct?

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
And there's no issues with it burning or anything? That's good to know that it has a stopper in it, that was the only worry I had.

BTW, thanks for the lightning quick response. Maybe NGP vapers have a 6th sense as well. Heehee.

Also, it looks like they do a good job with lining the wick up with the button. I see a lot of Orions that have the wicks like on the other side of the button and wonder why on earth they wouldn't take the time to line it all up!

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
And there's no issues with it burning or anything? That's good to know that it has a stopper in it, that was the only worry I had.

BTW, thanks for the lightning quick response. Maybe NGP vapers have a 6th sense as well. Heehee.

Also, it looks like they do a good job with lining the wick up with the button. I see a lot of Orions that have the wicks like on the other side of the button and wonder why on earth they wouldn't take the time to line it all up!

so far no issues with it burning, silicone should be able to stand the heat from the kanthal...

sixth sense? I wish :D....just subscribed to this thread ;)

button is straight in the centre of the two wicks...

re orion, yeah, les is changing that in the new batch of devices...

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Nice review. As Pega pointed out, top cap can be shaved for your drip tips. I do believe the bottom piece is not press fitted, it is threaded.

A friend of mine ;) got water in his switch, and it was not functioning!!! But he let it dry out and it started working great again. My understanding is the switch is sealed. Also, I believe the reason you are not getting a resistance reading through the pos to the top post is that there is a mosfet used in the switch.

I would like your take on the switch and how pocket friendly it is or is not.

Will be setting up a U-wick in mine... when I get it ;)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Nice review. As Pega pointed out, top cap can be shaved for your drip tips. I do believe the bottom piece is not press fitted, it is threaded.

A friend of mine ;) got water in his switch, and it was not functioning!!! But he let it dry out and it started working great again. My understanding is the switch is sealed. Also, I believe the reason you are not getting a resistance reading through the pos to the top post is that there is a mosfet used in the switch.

I would like your take on the switch and how pocket friendly it is or is not.

Will be setting up a U-wick in mine... when I get it ;)

The switch is very similar to an eGo switch, but without the rubber sleeve over the top. It can be a bit touchy at times, but because of the light in the tank, it's easy to figure out whether it's firing or not. Also, it sits flush with the body of the device AND it has some resistance to it (it's "clicky"), so it should be pocket friendly.

The U wick is going to be my next build ;)

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
My all black NGP Push V3 just arrived :)

Hey Pega I got the same one you have in your pic. You know of any way to get rid of the taste from the anodizing stuff inside where the juice is? Mine tastes like a really bad chemical. I've tried soaking it with alcohol and that didn't work so I dipped the top stem in almost boiling water and that helped a little.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
i used soapy water to get rid of the funny taste...do be ultra careful that you don't get any water into the switch ;)

well lol i already ripped it apart and boiled all the anodized parts to seal the pores in the aluminum. it worked a treat! but i must say these things arent made to be taken apart ha ha! i replaced the switch and got rid of the led while i was at it. maybe mine wasnt all the way cured or something cause the soapy water didnt help at all. it was very sticky too. but its good now thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread