• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Fingers crossed your house was spared.
Got a verbal report this morning: No obvious structural damage. First floor took on some water, but it's not clear exactly how much. Perhaps as little as 6". Garage door got pushed in. Several feet of sand are piled around parts of the house. Should have some pictures later in the day.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Got a verbal report this morning: No obvious structural damage. First floor took on some water, but it's not clear exactly how much. Perhaps as little as 6". Garage door got pushed in. Several feet of sand are piled around parts of the house. Should have some pictures later in the day.
OMG I'm so sorry. I hope none of your precious things are damaged beyond repair.
sad face.png

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
OMG I'm so sorry. I hope none of your precious things are damaged beyond repair.
Nah, the above is good news compared to what we were thinking would happen. Also, we took just about all the real treasures with us when we headed north.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Nah, the above is good news compared to what we were thinking would happen. Also, we took just about all the real treasures with us when we headed north.
I hope you took all your vape stash! I was thinking earlier, holly cow if I had to pack all my stash and bug out I would have to get a water proof carrier/trunk to keep it all on for a grab and go type event.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Cool drone video showing the damage to the A1A in Flagler Beach -- worth watching full-screen.

Other than the road, the damage to the town (11 miles south of me) is amazingly light.

It sure could have been worse. Looks like a beautiful day! I love the ocean :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I hope you took all your vape stash! I was thinking earlier, holly cow if I had to pack all my stash and bug out I would have to get a water proof carrier/trunk to keep it all on for a grab and go type event.
Yes, I got it all, except for some of the nic and flavorings in the dedicated 2.1 cu-ft freezer. I did take about half the nic, but left the rest because I didn't have a good way to package it all safely for travel (too few plastic ammo boxes!). Now mind you, what I had down there is only a portion of my total nic stash. You know what they say about keeping all your eggs in one basket. Also at this point, I believe what got left behind will be salvageable.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Yes, I got it all, except for some of the nic and flavorings in the dedicated 2.1 cu-ft freezer. I did take about half the nic, but left the rest because I didn't have a good way to package it all safely for travel (too few plastic ammo boxes!). Now mind you, what I had down there is only a portion of my total nic stash. You know what they say about keeping all your eggs in one basket. Also at this point, I believe what got left behind will be salvageable.
Oh good! It should be ok even with electric out, so that is a relief!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
For some reason, the weather is almost always beautiful shortly after a storm.
Amazing isn't it! We get affected by Pacific hurricane remnants, usually just the rain but sometimes the wind, but no ocean here to surge being it's the the desert. The clouds are always amazing to me since they are curricular from the hurricane/cyclone, but after it leaves is usually beautiful too :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
It sure could have been worse. Looks like a beautiful day! I love the ocean :)

For some reason, the weather is almost always beautiful shortly after a storm.

It was a Chamber of Commerce weather day today :thumb:

Oh good! It should be ok even with electric out, so that is a relief!

We're supposed to have lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s throughout the week, definately open window weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread