Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a nice old mech. Actually it was a PAPs 2.5 I had give to someone as a gift and they re-gifted it back to me. It was nice to see it back home.

Anyway they sent it back to me as I sent it, but they added an interesting bonus. They sent me a nice hybrid adapter by Anatolian mods. Its got 20 x 1 threading so its compatible with all my GUS's, PAPs, JM etc. On a few it does give the added performance and on some, no difference. Mostly I love the look. It saves some length and also on some it just looks sleeker. I bought a few more, being OCD as I am, and knowing these will sell out and be hard to find.

I like that they designed it so its not direct 510 pin to battery. Ive never used and actual 510 direct battery contact device. I know that as long as you can extend the 510 so it stick out enough to where your 510 connection clears the sides etc....

So I was wondering. I have some other mechs that are not 20 x 1 threaded and that FT makes some adapters with the different threads. Im kinda hesitant to get those, because I cant figure out how they actually make contact with the batteries since batteries vary and how one would make sure they would reach with out rattle.

If anyone can fill me in on how this works, Id love it. I really would love to be able to do this with my MCR tubes.

These are the Anatolian ones:
1-5-e1464114336263-600x600.jpg

These are the FT ones and the link
1871706-2.jpg

They come in various threadings

Thanks ahead of time.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The faux hybrid adapter discs are really just to simulate a true hybrid mod.
The ones with center pins can be fidgity.

The fasttech ones without the centerpin are direct to battery and require proper pin length on the atty.

You can look for 20x1 hybrid atomizers as well and eliminate the disc completely.

The second post has adapters with solid pins (Manhattan style) in varied length to eliminate gap at the atty.

The last one is an old nemesis/stingray type that should be thrown away.
Lol.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks Bad Ninja, on the FT, how do you know how long is long enough on the atty pin. I know that you have to make sure the actual pin extends, how does it not rattle? I guess you have to take the chance that it might not reach?

I know that if you adjust the 510 on some atties too far it does not make contact to your positive post.

Also do the FT ones have a delrin insulator on the other side or is it just all metal?

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thanks Bad Ninja, on the FT, how do you know how long is long enough on the atty pin. I know that you have to make sure the actual pin extends, how does it not rattle? I guess you have to take the chance that it might not reach?

I know that if you adjust the 510 on some atties too far it does not make contact to your positive post.

Also do the FT ones have a delrin insulator on the other side or is it just all metal?

The FT one is all metal.
They are kinda hit-and-miss on mods that arent designed to use them.
Some mods will adjust by recessing the disc inside the tube, others at the switch, some just wont play well with them.

These attys are examples of pins that will work
20170504_223452-1.jpg

Be careful of adjustable pins.
They can move and screw back in when changing batteries, etc and cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread