Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Got the Hyper 4/Splitfire/ GS CE9 today.

hyper_4.png

Came with a 1.8 ohm installed - Provari read it at 1.4ohm which dropped to 1.2 within a couple of vapes.
Switched to the 2.8ohm which was a pain - getting the wicks through the hole on the center stage isn't straightforward, there's plastic tube on the wick ends but it's too thick for the holes and if the wick frays even slightly they're a real pain to get through the small holes, even when soaked in eliquid.

Finally when installed the head read 2.6 and then 3.3 later on - I don't know what caused this.

After about the third vape I got an "OP" error on the Provari, I adjusted the center pin on the bottom which wasn't the cause - it was the center pin just before the middle stage, it was wonky.

When I got it working the resistance carried on jumping up at which point I stopped using it just in case it was damaging my Provari.
Vapor was decent enough but I can't really see why you'd separate the head from the liquid, the wick on the head won't soak up the juice on the tank unless it's primed first.

The center pin before the middle stage is an added gripe and the possible cause of errors - when I tried to get the lower ohm head back on, two of the wicks came off.

Not something I'd recommend.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
They look interesting but sound like they are going to be more trouble than they are worth. I already ordered a couple before seeing your review. It won't be the first time I've thrown money down the drain with trying new products that get super hyped. The good thing is we all seem to have different results with different products so I still have hope. lol

405Brad654

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 17, 2012
Midwest City
Got mine this morning in the mail an haven't put it down yet. Vapes like a fog machine. Granted ive yet to change out the head for the other two I bought (1.8 & 2.8) so not sure how frustrating it is to thread the wicks. After 4 hours im at 2.3 checked with multimeter, im unsure what it was at first as I was too excited to fill it up. As I was filling and priming I did not notice anything finicky or wiggly about the center post. Maybe you received a shoddy one, you have been vaping for awhile now I assume, you know the quality control alot of these Chinese manufactures have. Sometime you just get a bum one. Don`t give up on this thing just yet.

Personally I think its AWESOME so far. Good flavor, Awesome vapor, Throat hit.... Yea, for sure!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Got mine this morning in the mail an haven't put it down yet. Vapes like a fog machine. Granted ive yet to change out the head for the other two I bought (1.8 & 2.8) so not sure how frustrating it is to thread the wicks. After 4 hours im at 2.3 checked with multimeter, im unsure what it was at first as I was too excited to fill it up. As I was filling and priming I did not notice anything finicky or wiggly about the center post. Maybe you received a shoddy one, you have been vaping for awhile now I assume, you know the quality control alot of these Chinese manufactures have. Sometime you just get a bum one. Don`t give up on this thing just yet.

Personally I think its AWESOME so far. Good flavor, Awesome vapor, Throat hit.... Yea, for sure!

Good to hear. I had heard from a couple of others that were having good results with theirs too so maybe it is just like everything else and works good for some and not so well for others.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
hyper_4.png

I can't really see why you'd separate the head from the liquid, the wick on the head won't soak up the juice on the tank unless it's primed first.
The general design of these reminds me of the ReBuildable tank Atomizers hitting all over the market now. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I was watching the demo video by Carl Zenn on the Provape site for their ZenAttyPro, and it's general design reminds me of this thing. I believe I remember his device requires some priming of the SS wicks, too, before vaping on it.

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Thank you for your honest review. Even though I haven't tried one yet, but from the design, I personally think this clearo is flawed and is bound for failure. Yes, 4 wicks is better than 2 (something you can already do on a ViviNova), but the true test is how well does it perform when the juice is low. With the ViviNova, you can tilt or vape horizontally to speed up the wicking process which the same strategy won't be as effective when applied to this clearo due to the two chamber design. Also, from the picture, the air vent is located at the base where it would benefit more if it on the upper chamber tank (i.e., DiD design) to help draw the juice faster. Definitely not in a hurry to get this but will keep an eye out for more reviews. Just my :2c:

Last edited:

bigbassbrent

ECF Veteran
I just received one of these today. I ordered it out of curiosity. First thing I noticed is that the connector pin in the center of the 510 connection protrudes quite a bit. To remedy this, I removed the head and screwed the clearo base on my zmax then reinstalled the head. After I did that it wouldn't fire at all and read 0 ohms. I then put it back how it came, with the pin protruding again and it started working, reading 2.3 ohms and fitting snugly.

I filled with rawr Green Peach Tea and started vaping. It hits and tastes as well as a vivi nova which is my current favorite. I got through about half a tank and then the draw got really tight. I fiddled with he connection to my mod and loosened and all the parts of the clearo and tightened them back up and the draw is still very tight. You really have to work to get a hit. Its still creating a ton of vapor and taste is good, it just got really tight on me. I don't know what happened, because it was working so well at first and when I pick it up after sitting a while it will draw normally a couple times then got back to a tight draw. Very inconsistent. I may file down the protruding pin and see how it works then. But these are my initial findings. I want to says it works great, but at this point, I just cant. I think it has potential with some modding however. Ill report back.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Getting an E 1 error on my Provari. Any suggestions what might be wrong??

probably the center pin. take the tank apart. under the atty head is a metal post (as long as this tank is designed like the vivi nova in this regard, which i believe it is). you can poke that post with a small tool. you can push it out or push it back in. there is a silicone gasket in there that hols the pin in the position you leave it in. if you screw it too far down on your device, you will adjust the pin back up, sometimes too high to make a connection, thus the E1. fyi its no recommended to screw the device in too snugly as it can damage the center pin of your PV.

also, this center pin could be the cause of the tight draw that a pervious member posted about a few posts back.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
While the Splitfire is not completely flawless, it does carry the flavor better than my Mini Vivi Nova. I'm not sure about the OHM readings because I don't have a meter.

On the Vivi, my juice turns dark because the head and the juice are in the same tank. On the Splitfire, the juice stays the same color. That could be the reasoning behind the separated tank.

I do have a grip with changing the heads, and the silica wicks are pretty darn fragile and can break off easily. Still what do you expect to around $12? If you expect flawless, get a GG, or Penelope. Then of course, you will be into rebuilding.

Got the Hyper 4/Splitfire/ GS CE9 today.

hyper_4.png

Came with a 1.8 ohm installed - Provari read it at 1.4ohm which dropped to 1.2 within a couple of vapes.
Switched to the 2.8ohm which was a pain - getting the wicks through the hole on the center stage isn't straightforward, there's plastic tube on the wick ends but it's too thick for the holes and if the wick frays even slightly they're a real pain to get through the small holes, even when soaked in eliquid.

Finally when installed the head read 2.6 and then 3.3 later on - I don't know what caused this.

After about the third vape I got an "OP" error on the Provari, I adjusted the center pin on the bottom which wasn't the cause - it was the center pin just before the middle stage, it was wonky.

When I got it working the resistance carried on jumping up at which point I stopped using it just in case it was damaging my Provari.
Vapor was decent enough but I can't really see why you'd separate the head from the liquid, the wick on the head won't soak up the juice on the tank unless it's primed first.

The center pin before the middle stage is an added gripe and the possible cause of errors - when I tried to get the lower ohm head back on, two of the wicks came off.

Not something I'd recommend.

Last edited:

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
These vape like there's no tomorrow. They are finicky. There are 3 thread positioons, top, center and bottom. If you are not careful, you could try to spin one and the other moves. Now when tightening them back up they all tighten up. End result is the bottom one on mine cracked and has started leaking from over tightening I assume. The juice hasn't been an issue, Chocolate taffy from deejstuff. So be carful. I eon'y buy more because of this, but I do have a spare. Maybe I'll get better at using it. I want to cause they are better then the vivi nova when they are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread