Hyperventilating after three-as-one big hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Tindell

Aug 7, 2019
Hi. I'm posting this here because I wasn't able to post on the relevant thread. I haven't smoked cigarettes in a very long time, but tried a friend's vape and found the nicotine high novel, so I got my own vape and have one sesh a day where I take three hits in a row (no exhale; the Zero vape cuts off after ten seconds and one has to pause momentarily to get another hit). The head rush is always a 'Wow' moment. I'm pretty sure the hyperventilation is a consequence of an acute nicotine overdose. I use 50mg juice to maximize nicotine effect and minimize effects of the inert components. I have no idea if this level of nicotine consumption has negative consequences, hence the search that led me to this site. Happy vaping.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi. I'm posting this here because I wasn't able to post on the relevant thread. I haven't smoked cigarettes in a very long time, but tried a friend's vape and found the nicotine high novel, so I got my own vape and have one sesh a day where I take three hits in a row (no exhale; the Zero vape cuts off after ten seconds and one has to pause momentarily to get another hit). The head rush is always a 'Wow' moment. I'm pretty sure the hyperventilation is a consequence of an acute nicotine overdose. I use 50mg juice to maximize nicotine effect and minimize effects of the inert components. I have no idea if this level of nicotine consumption has negative consequences, hence the search that led me to this site. Happy vaping.

Try a single hit at a time until you know what works. 50mg nicotine is very high. If you are direct inhaling instead of puffing and immediately exhaling it's a wonder you didn't fall over from the nic.

If you haven't smoked in a very long time you are better off not vaping. Why get hooked on the actions of smoking again? That may lead to adding nic to the vape and you really don't need to go down that road. Vaping isn't 100% safe. It may be fine, but we just know that it's much better than smoking. Who knows? Some of the medical claims that anti-vaping people are touting my be true.

Most of us started at 18mg to 24mg to get off the smokes and we were used to that level of nic from our previous smoking habit. We also vaped like we smoked, so it was a short hit.

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Did you do this with cigarettes?

Absorption from vaping is not instantaneous to my knowledge, maybe I'm wrong here.

If you take three puffs because the device times out, is that basically 30 seconds plus a couple in between puffs that you are inhaling hard?
Have you considered you could be "hyperventilating" just because you are straining your lungs and holding your breath?

Nicotine is a drug, and you are using it on an extreme end to get a buzz. What happens when you do that with any other substance?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You get a “disagree” only because there is no “abjectly stupid” button

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I use 50mg juice to maximize nicotine effect and minimize effects of the inert components. I have no idea if this level of nicotine consumption has negative consequences, hence the search that led me to this site. Happy vaping.

You will be our lab rat, Mike, try it let us know how it all works out. Please give your password to a friend or relative in the event that it goes poorly for you then they could give us news and some details of the adverse event.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Try hyperventilating then stick your head in the toilet and fush. You will get a swirly head rush, but do hold your breath so you dont drown.
Also pics after the event. I’ve only ever seen a guy with swirly hair once. It was unforgettable. Dude looked like a Hershey’s kiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread