Hypontic Mist,Hopscotch & Applewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
:?:Ok so I order these 3 juices in 24 mg cause everybody on here has been raving about them and I got my order yesterday, so this morning I couldn't wait to try them and I was sorta dissappointed? They don't hardly have a flavor at all, I believe I even order extra flav. so are these juices that need to steep for awhile or what? I'm really new at this juice thing so I just want to know if I am doing something wrong or do I need to put it away for awhile for the flavor to blend?:blush:

SF252

Nov 10, 2010
Illinois
LeAnn, I got my Hopscotch yesteday with extra flavor. I vaped mine and it's good and it gets better with steeping. Hopsscotch is my all day vape. Totally yum!

My Hypnotic Mist was good from day one too. I shake them well, take off the top, let some air in, cap & shake again. I them let the steep with the top off for a day or so. They just get better with time.

I first received hopscotch as a sample, then I ordered 10 mls and yesterday was the 30 ml. Bigger bottles need more steep time. I have days where all my flavors taste weak. Maybe it's just a bad flavor day for you. I drip on a bridgeless atty & eGo. For me dripping is tastier. My taste buds are not the best and it helps.

I haven't tried the Applewood yet. It's sounds like it would be great...maybe my next order.

I hope the Hopscotch gets better for you.

Happy Holidays!
SF

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
Also, I see that you stated that you are new to the juice thing. How long ago did you quit analogs? Tomorrow will be a week that I have been fully vaping and I find that my taste buds are changing every day. At first I hated any of the tobacco flavors, because they tasted like a stale cig ...., but now they are tasting better and better. :)

I loved my HM right when I got it, but I am letting it and the new bottle steep. My partner says that the Hopscotch just keeps getting better every day. We haven't tried the Applewood, but its on our big list of one to order in the near future. :)

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Also, I see that you stated that you are new to the juice thing. How long ago did you quit analogs? Tomorrow will be a week that I have been fully vaping and I find that my taste buds are changing every day. At first I hated any of the tobacco flavors, because they tasted like a stale cig ...., but now they are tasting better and better. :)

I loved my HM right when I got it, but I am letting it and the new bottle steep. My partner says that the Hopscotch just keeps getting better every day. We haven't tried the Applewood, but its on our big list of one to order in the near future. :)

I haven't had an analog since July, but use just carts till about 2 months ago

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Hypnotic and the applewood are good fresh, usually. The hopscotch will need to steep a while.

Well I usually try new juice when I get up in the morning, since I am a vapaholic, when my taste buds are fresh but maybe I was just hoping for mor flavor or something, I will try them tommorrow and see what that brings. Never tried to leave cap off, does that speed up the process?

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
Hum... Then yeah that's totally past me, but I have read a lot of people saying that they needed to clean their palate when they lost taste in their juices.

I am really new to this as well and just going off of different threads that I have read. lol There are a lot of threads out there.

We were doing the steeping of where we left the lids off all day, and then read where if this is done that the nic in the juices evaporates. Now we just air for an hour, put the tops back on and put them in the bottom of the tool box for a week or two. I am finding more and more its just a lot of trying different things out that will work for us. :) I am finding that it isn't just a alternative for smoking, but is our new hobby.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
Shell, a new hobby lol...Exactly.

I've been trying Biotene tooth paste and mouth wash. I read to try it on the Big forum area. It helps when your taste buds crash.
I also will vape a flavor totally different than what you were vaping when your taste buds crashed. Fresh clean atty, or cart(o), and good to go.

Also, I don't notice any nic loss if i pull lids for a day...

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I ordered a sample of Applewood and started smoking it yesterday and I loved it. Part of why I love it so much is that the apple is fairly subtle.

LeAnn...are you completely off analogs yet? If so, for how long. I have been off for less than a week and I have noticed that the flavors I was vaping while still smoking I wasn't impressed with and felt had no flavor and now as time goes by I am noticing an increase in flavors. Not saying that this is your case...it's just my experience.

I'm a newbie so I don't know much of anything except what I have experienced thus far. :)

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
Shell, a new hobby lol...Exactly.

I've been trying Biotene tooth paste and mouth wash. I read to try it on the Big forum area. It helps when your taste buds crash.
I also will vape a flavor totally different than what you were vaping when your taste buds crashed. Fresh clean atty, or cart(o), and good to go.

Also, I don't notice any nic loss if i pull lids for a day...

Its crazy how many bottles we have of different flavors. Lol a coupke need to steep, a couple are good from day one and then just get better each day. You should see how many pieces of paper I have for info on this and that. What flavors we want to try, what flavors we have that we are reviewing. I have on my phone alerts set for when this flavor or that will have reached its two week mark. Lol its crazy, but we are having so much fun. ;)

Yeah we will have to get some of the biotene. I have beem using crest whitening with scope sensitive toothpaste right now, but will get us some biotene the next time we run out. :)

Yeah and will have to try the different steeping methods as well.

Last edited:

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Hum... Then yeah that's totally past me, but I have read a lot of people saying that they needed to clean their palate when they lost taste in their juices.

I am really new to this as well and just going off of different threads that I have read. lol There are a lot of threads out there.

We were doing the steeping of where we left the lids off all day, and then read where if this is done that the nic in the juices evaporates. Now we just air for an hour, put the tops back on and put them in the bottom of the tool box for a week or two. I am finding more and more its just a lot of trying different things out that will work for us. :) I am finding that it isn't just a alternative for smoking, but is our new hobby.

You said it all in your last line, it's my new hobby too.......I am totally addictied, better than those 7000 chemicals in one puff off an analog!

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I'll chime in with a 'everyone has different tastes' also. Although I love hypnotic mist and rather like hopscotch I need to let them steep. About 6 weeks for hopscotch to get from almost no taste with a hint of sweetness to a decently strong butterscotch + more flavor. And at least 3 to 4 weeks for hypnotic mist to go from tasteless to flavorful. So I'd say don't worry and just let them steep a couple of weeks to a month before you give up on them.

Celebran

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Eureka, CA
I didn't like the normal HM when I first received it either so it's still steeping. But, I ordered a 60ml bottle of it with 2x flavoring and found I liked it right out of the box. To my tastebuds most of the samples have been so-so out of the box but I'm finding the taste getting better the longer I'm off analogs (6 weeks so far). For me the thin-mint has been pretty much the only one that I liked right when I got it, other then the HM exception previously mentioned. My butterscotch and hopscotch are slowly improving and smell so good already.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I'll chime in about hypnotic mist.

Right out of the mail it is ok. The flavor is there but it is light. I got a bottle in a classified that was about 2 months old and it was really really good. I just ordered more so I can let it start steeping. I am going to let it sit for at least a month before giving it a shot.

Celebran

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Eureka, CA
My first order of HM was normal mix the second order was 2x flavoring so it's all good. I think for me that I just need a stronger flavoring right now and luckily they offer that option. Some people may need more flavor to start. I've come to the conclusion that if I find something that I enjoy but isn't as strong as I would like then when I reorder I up the concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread