I’m looking to get into Mech mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
hello I have been trying to get into mechs I Am familiar with ohms law as I build my own coils and I’m familiar with battery safety as well I have been researching mechanicals for a year now trying to find a good single battery Mech I can work with but I keep running into the ones that cost $60 or more but I’m not into all the fancy trim they have

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok doesn’t FastTech ship from China though im really looking for a vendor in the US That’s why I haven’t looked at FastTech too closely
Everything that isn’t really high end and above your price range comes from china.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Get a Nemesis clone. Hard to beat a Nemi, and it's a good one to learn on.

Edit: on the battery thing, how big a mod do you want to lug around with you? If, as you say, you understand Ohm's law and battery safety, then just build your coils to fit whatever battery you're using. For my part, I like 18650s better, although I have both. The 26 series batteries are not, for me, carry around things.

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
Get a Nemesis clone. Hard to beat a Nemi, and it's a good one to learn on.

Edit: on the battery thing, how big a mod do you want to lug around with you? If, as you say, you understand Ohm's law and battery safety, then just build your coils to fit whatever battery you're using. For my part, I like 18650s better, although I have both. The 26 series batteries are not, for me, carry around things.
I don’t mind the weight of the 26 series but really I would go for either I have more 18650 batteries anyways

DatBoiBlocc

Jan 31, 2018
Midwest US
hello I have been trying to get into mechs I Am familiar with ohms law as I build my own coils and I’m familiar with battery safety as well I have been researching mechanicals for a year now trying to find a good single battery Mech I can work with but I keep running into the ones that cost $60 or more but I’m not into all the fancy trim they have

Maybe give vvs619 a look? I'm also looking at tubes myself... Bargain prices for a couple of clones. I believe the nemesis is one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: MacTechVpr

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
Beyond Vape (US company) is selling their Beacon mod for $30 right now. That was my first mech. In my opinion, it’s a pretty solid Mech to dip your toes in. Someone on here mentioned they had a sale going on recently, so I checked them out a few days ago. Lots of nice stuff on there.
Ok thanks I’ll check it out

Reactions: sgobots

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Could read:
Mech Mods
why do people choose a mech over regulated?
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ners-guide-to-your-first-mechanical-mod.4830/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/15-inexpensive-mechanical-mod-rda-setup.6589/
Mech mods exploding: history repeating, with no end in sight / Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop | vaping.com
Volt Meter 510 Connector by Tobeco
Mech mods & RBAs: Basic to advanced user guide: Pts. one & two | E-Cigarette Forum

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread