I almost burnt my lips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
Hi guys! I'm currently using a lavatube 2 with a vivi nova clearomizer. Not sure whether the clearo is a fake or not,

I'm using a 1.8 ohm clearo using 4.2 w and vaped. First draw is ok, but 2nd it starts to feel hot (not warm, HOT) ! Any idea whats happening? Previously everything was fine until today.

4th day i started vaping using the lava by the way.

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
Are you vaping at 4.2 Watts or Volts? I'm just asking, since 4.2 Watts is almost nothing, but 4.2 Volts sure is ;) 4.2 Volts on a 1.8 Ohm Vivi Nova, adds up to 9.8 Watts, which imo is way too high for the Vivi Novas. I usually keep mine at about 7 Watts to avoid burnt taste and dry hits.

I'm sorry its 4.2 Volts. What are the range which is suitable for 1.8ohm heads?

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
check out this chart if you haven't already - used this religiously for the first 30 days whenever i got something new to try

match your ohms on the left side... and check the Volts on the very top.. or the watts in the middle and you can see what range you should be in!!

Vaping Power Chart | My Vape Works LLCMy Vape Works LLC

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
Well, my sweet spot seems to be between 6.5-7.0 Watts, so on a 1.8 Ohm coil, that would be between 3.4-3.6 Volts. You could try that, but it's all down to personal preference, for me, the Vivis just don't seem to like too high voltage/wattage, at least not with the juices I use (Liqua).

Edit: Yup, that chart is a great help, if you don't have a device that can be set to variable wattage :)
This little gem is handy as well: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread