The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I almost did it

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward - PIF' started by autumnbreeze, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. autumnbreeze

autumnbreeze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So, I was out with my fiance tonight at a wedding reception. I had my purse on my right forearm with my glass of champagne in my right hand. He introduced me to someone and I put my right hand out to shake the guys hand. The champagne spilled down my arm and into my purse. I immediately thought, "OMG, I hope it didn't get on my Precious!" I looked down and sure enough, there was vapor pouring out of my purse. I quickly went outside to find a melted cartomizer and an extremely HOT precious & drip tip. I had 2 extra cartos with me.

I replaced my batteries and refilled a new carto. Things are good, right? Nope, something happened and the precious went off again, burning my new carto. Now I'm down to one carto. I had a brief thought just to bum some cigs off of my fiance because I was getting tired of dealing with this damn precious. But I said, "NO! I've gone too long to throw all of this down the drain!" I replaced the carto with my last good carto and found a different place in my purse for my precious.

Moral of the story: Don't drink and vape a precious.

2. zbasspro

zbasspro Vaping Master ECF Veteran

:ohmy:.. oh no....good for you for holding strong!!! well is the purse okay tho?? lol

3. wisteelersfan

wisteelersfan Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    If you're still "tired of dealing with this damn precious" let me know! I'll make you a deal!

4. Gunjji

Gunjji Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    New Jersey

LOL.. you purse having its own lil rock concert! So what happened? did the champagne close the contacts firing up the carto?

5. autumnbreeze

autumnbreeze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks! Yes, the purse is OK. She's a beast!

I love my damn precious. I will never let her go. Sorry. :p

The precious has a touch sensor switch. It not only goes off when you touch it with your fingers, but when liquid gets on the switch. It's gone off before when some juice has gotten on it. I figure there was still some champagne in my little carrying case when I put it back in the second time. I thought I had dried it out good enough, but I guess not. Everything's all good now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.