I am about to be done....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkn0wnz

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
New York
I have been trying to get the 801 to work well since I got it and have gotten nowhere......every mod works well but at one point I WILL get liquid in my mouth....the BF is the one that works the best but still.....I don't see myself owning 5 PV and don't like the 510 so I would really want to make this thing work I like pen styles....what am I doing wrong?? And plz don't suggest dripping I would rather use carts and not cartos (lol i know im complicated)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Hi. Well, I guess I should be some kind of expert by now. I still get fluid in my mouth from time to time, but it's usually because I'm not paying attention. For fluid to enter your mouth, it has to flow from the filler material into the heating element chamber, outward along the barrel squeezing between the cartridge and the tube wall, into the mouthpiece, and into you.

For this to happen, there has to be more fluid flowing from the filler material than is being vaporized by the heating element. Ideally, this would be balanced and ALL the fluid would become vaporized. This would be a 100% efficient e-cigarette.

So what can cause this problem? Overfilling the cartridge would be my first guess. The juice has to stay in the filler material until it's needed. If there's too much juice, it will flood the packing around the heating element, and the excess has to go somewhere. That somewhere is weeping through the vent holes and it's also up the tube into your mouth.

So make sure you're not overfilling the cartridge. It should glisten, but not pool when full. Try only filling the cart half-way or three-quarters full. It will still draw, but it won't tend to flood.

Try not to tip the e-cig upward when you puff. This tends to make the juice already in the heating chamber flow backward. Dreamily reclining while blowing smoke rings is great fun, but it's bad for fluid management.

A couple of years ago, we used to talk in depth here about what position to store the e-cig in when not in use. I tend to still take the cart and atomizer off and stand it up at night. During the day, it's usually sitting horizontally on my desk or vertically in my shirt pocket. I don't worry about this anymore.

I'm with you about the 801 vs 510. The 510 tastes great, but the 801 is good for puff, puff, puff. In general, I would say that I keep the carts MUCH drier than I did when I first started.

Last edited:

unkn0wnz

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
New York
Thanks for your advice, I have tried using less liquid and it still got in my mouth, the best performance I got was from using the filling that comes with the carts....any other mod would just get liquid in my mouth.
So I've stopped trying with the mods and I'm just using the reg filling....don't mind using it I was just looking to get better performance from my 801.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread