I am hoping that Marlboro IQOS gets FDA MRTP approval because my country bans vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack1010

Jun 24, 2015
Singapore is pretty strict on this because the govt only cares about taxes and money. No health care subsidies here so the govt does earn lesser if all smokers become healthy after switching to vape.

Only way now is for Marlboro iqos to get FDA MRTP approval so that the silly govt here will start allowing smokeless products like iqos. Smokeless products are currently also banned here but if products like IQOS are being used and sold by lots of people from other countries. In Singapore where tourism money counts and if they start confiscating IQOS products from tourists visiting Singapore. Many of them will not be happy and start boycotting visiting trips. And IQOS are also taxable so I think the greedy govt here may well approved them.

The funny thing is Singapore being one of the 2 phillip morris global R&D center and an engineer friend of mine told me that the IQOS is actually designed by venture contract manufacturing in Singapore. If the IQOS does reduced harm. I do not mind paying taxes to the govt.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
If it's all about revenue in Singapore (like everywhere else), and you're backing the IQOS device due to the fact that it's taxable and satisfies the government's money hunger ... to me, the obvious question is, why don't they lay off eCigs and just get their money from the sale of eLiquid?

I know a lot of people in the USA hate that idea because it would increase their cost of vaping (an expense DIY'ers would partially side-step). But, I would choose taxation over prohibition.

BTW, there have been available for some years now devices designed for herbal vaporizing. That's another possible solution if you have access to tobacco, so you could use them rather like the IQOS, right?

jack1010

Jun 24, 2015
If it's all about revenue in Singapore (like everywhere else), and you're backing the IQOS device due to the fact that it's taxable and satisfies the government's money hunger ... to me, the obvious question is, why don't they lay off eCigs and just get their money from the sale of eLiquid?

I know a lot of people in the USA hate that idea because it would increase their cost of vaping (an expense DIY'ers would partially side-step). But, I would choose taxation over prohibition.

Hi NCC,

I think the reasons why the govt in singapore did not approve is due to the usual reasons. Vape not certified in helping smokers quit and nicotine may attract non smokers to be nicotine addicts. But nicotine addiction is nothing more than caffeine addicts. I think they also felt that liquid are harder to tax than physical tobacco. So if IQOS does helps in harm reduction, it will be helpful to people staying in those brain dead countries that opposed vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread