"I can't get no satisfaction...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinridge

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Hendersonville, NC
Love the "idea" of e-cigs, love this forum, (on it hours at a time8-o), really want to give up analogs, (as you call them around here), but.....
I can vape for 5 minutes or longer and the first thing I do when I put it down is light up a "real" cig. My cravings are not being satisified, obviously. I really need some help here before I give up!
A little background: 1.) I'm using the 510 and it works fine as far as the amount of vapor, etc. 2.) I have NOT liked the taste of any of the flavors I've tried until tonight. I got some Redbull from goodprophet and I really like it. Its only 18mg. though (I think I need more nicotine). I probably vaped on it for 10 to 15 min. straight! But I do not want to, nor have the time during the day to, vape that much to get satisifaction! 3.) I have been a pack and a half smoker (menthol) for at least 20 years. 4.) I also got an auto battery from goodprophet and seem to like it better over the manual. The button pushing thing was just a bit too awkward. This one does not have an auto cut off and I love that! (Just wish I could find it in more colors!)
People here talk of a learning curve. Maybe that is a part of the problem, but if it is, JUST WHAT DO I NEED TO LEARN TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR ME?!
Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! (Sorry for the long post!)
Also, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone!

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Your problem may be a need for higher nic level. I smoked for 40+years and when I started I went right to 24mg and that's where I've stayed. Stopped smoking the analogs the first day I vaped and haven't been back for even a taste. I prefer juices closest I can find to what I smoked so I've pretty much stayed with things like USA Mix (Marlboro), Flue Cured tobacco and Virginia. In my tastes, Flue Cured Tobacco is the strongest. Can't really comment on menthol bests but I'm sure someone will be posting about their menthol experience soon. Welcome..and hang in there.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
smokinridge says: Love the "idea" of e-cigs, love this forum, (on it hours at a time8-o), really want to give up analogs, (as you call them around here), but.....
I can vape for 5 minutes or longer and the first thing I do when I put it down is light up a "real" cig. My cravings are not being satisified, obviously. I really need some help here before I give up!
A little background: 1.) I'm using the 510 and it works fine as far as the amount of vapor, etc. 2.) I have NOT liked the taste of any of the flavors I've tried until tonight. I got some Redbull from goodprophet and I really like it. Its only 18mg. though (I think I need more nicotine).

Go to 24mg and maybe get a 10ml bottle of 36mg.

I probably vaped on it for 10 to 15 min. straight! But I do not want to, nor have the time during the day to, vape that much to get satisifaction! 3.) I have been a pack and a half smoker (menthol) for at least 20 years. 4.) I also got an auto battery from goodprophet and seem to like it better over the manual. The button pushing thing was just a bit too awkward. This one does not have an auto cut off and I love that! (Just wish I could find it in more colors!)

Spare parts - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier=

consider the mega batts 280mAh - that will help on nic hit as well.

People here talk of a learning curve. Maybe that is a part of the problem, but if it is, JUST WHAT DO I NEED TO LEARN TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR ME?!

Until you get that 24mg, etc. stuff, you can take long slow draws and hold it in - let the nic absorb ;-) With autos the chant is slow draws like drinking a thick shake through a straw. That actually works. You've got the best auto, imo, too. Although some more are coming out with the longer period before cutoff.

Another thing that will help is that once you see the battery on the charger is charged - change batts. It's good for the battery life to recharge before going dead and you'll have that extra peak voltage more for getting more nic and better vapor.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! (Sorry for the long post!)
Also, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone!

You too and welcome to the forum. Let us know how that works or if you figure out anything else.

ghost_inhale

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Missoula, MT
I think you have the right e-cig for the job as the 510 is just fantastic. It seems to me that you simply need to vape a higher nicotine levels. 24mg is a good suggestion as the previous poster stated. Also, if you like fruit flavors, both the cherry and raspberry from MyFreedomSmokes.com are awesome! Good luck! I'm confident if you get the right balance you will never go back to those dirty analogs again!

smokingisbad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Lincoln, NEB
I am a bit new as well, however some advice that may help.
1. Get higher nic juice asap
2. Long draws, its weird but 4-5 seconds worth
3. Go in pacifier mode when needed,obviously not at work
4. Its not menthol but marlboro 24mg from rockymountainvapor.com is what I use
when working. You may want even higher.
5. Even if you have a analog dont worry about it, this e cig will most likely winout
Anyway good luck...Let it work!!!

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
One other thing, dont worry too much if you dont stop smoking immediately.

I vaped and smoked for the first few weeks .

I was not actually intending giving up it just happened.

Ditto.

Ditto also to advice re. going higher nic for a while. I was a 20+ year, pack a day Marlboro Red 100s smoker and 18mg wasn't cutting it for me in terms of satisfaction, but my current blend of Turkish and Vanilla 26mg satisfies just fine and tastes way better. Keep at it!

smokinridge

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Hendersonville, NC
It may be a good idea to get some stronger liquid for daytime as you only have a limited time to vape.

I presume you have tried menthol, if so from which seller and what was wrong with it ?.

I tried 2 different menthol flavors from cignot when I got my starter kit. There just wasn't any real "menthol" like flavor to it. There is a "cool" sensation in a "real" menthol cig. and it wasn't in either of the two I got. The EcoPure menthol 24mg was the better of the two.
I got a tobacco flavor from goodprophet but I have not tried it yet.
Who is a good supplier of 36mg, preferably VG?

cgrl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi and welcome,, You might want to consider Nhaler.com. Drew is on here quite a bit and I believe he has some really great juices. He is always willing to listen to requests and has ideas on how to up the nic and maybe even the menthol for you. He is also the best in customer service imo. Always throws in little extras too. Hope this helps and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Mentholgirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Louisiana
You may just need that menthol kick also, I know I do or I wasn't satisfied.
Also a menthol smoker for more years than I want to count.
I would recommend Puresmoker Menthol by itself its very close to a menthol cigarette but even closer if you add some menthol crystals. Please PM me if you would like to try it for free, I have a little left I can't use due to pg allergy I have.
It is really good!

nervewreckincali

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Hayward, CA
Don't mean to kinda hijack, didn't want to start a new one and the title caught my attention. Just joined today, should not have shunned e-cigs couple of years knowing about them although I seem to have come in at pinnacle of the vice.

I bought a kit RN-4081, I bought the juice, I almost fainted learning about passthroughs - ordered those, used the "teabags," all within the last couple of weeks, and that smelly analog is looking worzseuhr by the minute.

Island/Menthol mix in my cart.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Don't mean to kinda hijack, didn't want to start a new one and the title caught my attention. Just joined today, should not have shunned e-cigs couple of years knowing about them although I seem to have come in at pinnacle of the vice.

I bought a kit RN-4081, I bought the juice, I almost fainted learning about passthroughs - ordered those, used the "teabags," all within the last couple of weeks, and that smelly analog is looking worzseuhr by the minute.

Island/Menthol mix in my cart.

Welcome to the forums nervewreck! Catchy title.... Maybe you can avoid that 19th Nervous Breakdown. Ecigs can be a beast of burden and You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need. Time is on your side :)

yemi

Jun 17, 2010
my
same thing happen to me...im heavy smoker more than 20 analog per day...when i started using pv on the first week i thought pv is not for me coz i keep smoking analog back...but after third week no analog for me hehehe...anyway i started with 36 mg b&h...after that i try 26mg usa mix(marlboro) & menthol from dekang...now after 3 month i thing i need to reduced it to 18mg with 5v mod

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm using the Kamel e liquid from nicotinenirvava.com 36mg str. It may even be a bit much for me.

heres a link:

Nicotine Nirvana - Imported E-Liquid at the lowest prices & always free shipping!

I smoked Marlb reds for 20 years then switched about 5 years ago to Camel Turkish Royals. Pack and a half a day ( sometimes more )

The flavor of the liquid is smooth and I'm getting a TON of nicotine.

While it may not be your solution, it worked for me so I thought I'd throw it out there.

PS for the first week or so of vaping I still had an analog or two. Mostly first thing in the morning. After switching to the 36mg, it has "fixed" the morning craving and im now completely off analogs.

Last edited:
I tried 2 different menthol flavors from cignot when I got my starter kit. There just wasn't any real "menthol" like flavor to it. There is a "cool" sensation in a "real" menthol cig. and it wasn't in either of the two I got. The EcoPure menthol 24mg was the better of the two.
I got a tobacco flavor from goodprophet but I have not tried it yet.
Who is a good supplier of 36mg, preferably VG?

I just recently found Madvapes.com and they have a good selection of juice and it is very inexpensive.

IMWylde

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
USA
My wife had a similar problem. "I'm not feeling it" she said. We fixed her little red wagon! I picked up some 36mg cowboy menthol and some low resistance cartomizers. Now 36 mg is just to prove a point you might want to start with 24 but I was pretty sick of her complaints :)

So the moral of the story is you might need a slightly higher wattage hit. And you might need slightly more nicotine. Oh and yeah Cowboy Menthol from Vapor 4 Life was very good balance of menthol and tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread