Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I think its probably the liquids i have as i,m in a small town in somerset uk there is not a lot of choice but am looking on line . I do have an eleaf 80 watt and i put a isub v tank on it with a 0.5 coil not bad but as i have said throat hit not harsh enough but i am tweeking and i am sure i will get there . Thanks for advice and support from everyone you guys over there seem to have a really good chioce of vape equipment and liquids.
Honestly TH is my number one thing I have worked to get in my 7 years of vaping, I simply love it. When I started vaping I was on a mission to achieve the same, if not more intense TH I got from a Marlboro. It took a long time for me to get it because there are simply alot of different types of vaping and I also had to wait for technology a bit, but I have it now and loving it. With me it took rebuildable mtl rta's with longish type chimneys and small build decks. Single coils in the 1 ohm range at 24mg nic. My juices range from 50/50 to 30/70vg. Every time someone tries my set ups, they say the thump is just too much. I know you are not rebuilding but keep trying things and I'm sure eventually you will find it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

poirot

May 15, 2017
Um... How harsh a throat hit are you exactly looking for? I think a "thump" isn't going to describe any kind of.... e-cig device that I'm aware of, necessarily.... Maybe you need to talk to the DIY coil builders and other options? Even 100% p.g. liquid at the HIGHEST strength you can get, it's not going to appraoch what a cigarette feels like. Did you manage to get the throat hit you "wanted" on any device? IDK much about the pure grain alcohol option and personally I can't imagine INHALING that, but you may want to investigate it?

I'm just confused at this point EXACTLY what you are looking for, and if you have achieved it EVER in the past? Because, there aren't going to be little men with hammers thumping your throat. E-cigs aren't like cigarettes. If you are looking for that, you won't find it, I don't think.

That said, there are lots of GOOD things about e- cigarettes, and it may involve stepping out of your comfort zone? Personally, I think you should try sub-ohming at higher wattages with mostly VG juice, and see if that mimics more of what you want? Have you tried that? I mean, mouth to lung is great, sometimes, but there IS a harshness to sub-ohm huge vapor clouds at lower nicotine that you may find you like better? I'd try that, if you haven't. I know it sounds paradoxical but with the right flavor, you may actually find it's more "concrete" in a way, especially if you do it say, 10x in a row. I'm just.... saying. It's an option. But, good luck.

Also, is the "perfect" throat hit worth throwing in the towel on e-cigs? You may find with some changes, you aren't getting exactly what you "thought" would satisfy you, when otherwise.... no?

Did you try something kinda out of the box like a JUUL for a while (super high nic) and now you're disappointed with refillable options? I'm just really confused, here.

Anna
the thump i refer to is when smoking hand rolled cigs and the tobacco has gone slightly dry it really kicks if you,ve never smoked hand rolled that feeling would be alien to you so ; if i,m gonna vape i thought i,d try and recreate that feeling and that is probably where my trouble began . I think i may try sub ohm. thanks again for your kind advice.

Reactions: JC Okie

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I really think it's a fair statement that especially 24mg nicotine will be too much for most people at lower resistances which require higher power. If you're happy vaping a .7 at 15W, you might be all right, but I don't think it's a particularly controversial statement that many people do find that to be far too much nicotine as they dip below 1ohm and increase the power accordingly.

Of course some people may enjoy 18 or 24mg well below .7ohms, and some will find 3-6mg satisfying up at 1.5ohms. These are going to be outliers.

While airflow, coil surface area, type of flavoring, type of topper, and other factors will all come into play, it is well known that higher nicotine levels will produce a harsher hit as the resistance lowers and if you crank up the power accordingly. We're talking as a general rule here and your experience sounds atypical... unless you are lowering the wattage of the lower res coil to below that of what you use for the higher res, which would also be unusual.

Considering the OP specifically said that 24mg and .7ohms in a Nautilus makes his/her skin crawls, the nicotine level is worth taking a look at. I also think it's worth it for the OP to understand that many people (if not most) don't tend to have your experience with nicotine levels and need to reduce the nic level to some degree as they lower resistance, at least as reported on here and other forums.
All I was trying to say was just because it's a .7 coil, doesn't automatically mean it's this sub ohm powerful coil that is going to be super strong. You can mtl a .7 ohm coil and it's not going to be much different to an above 1 ohm coil. One can simply lower the wattage slightly compared to let say their 1.3 ohm coil and that .7 ohm coil is now most likely a cooler vape then the higher ohm coil because in pre built the .7 probably has a more open af. The only time a sub ohm coil is harsh or powerful is when it is used in DL inhales and when people actually up the power levels. Resistance in a regulated device is not that important because you can simply adjust the wattage to suit. I just see so many that think automatically a coil under 1 ohm turns into some kind of monster, but it's not necessarily so imo. Yes if we were talking mechanical mods, then there is no doubt the lower resistance you go, the more power and stronger it gets, but regulated, not really

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I have smoked every variety of cig there is including Russian Marlboros (god, they really save the good tobacco for Europe), unfiltered cigarettes I've rolled myself (good and bad tobacco) injector tubes, and, in college, Basics. The Tobacco where the Flavoring is Heavy Metals. Hell, I could probably identify with my eyes closed to a fair degree, what I'm smoking. :)

Given what you are looking for, I'd TRY higher wattage, DL, and PG/VG clouds, in as high nic as you can deal with, and as high wattage as you can. I smoke my sub-ohm vape at 55 watts which is fairly high, but I only need 6 mg juice and after about 8--10 hits, my throat feels like its been hammered. I'm not suggesting you START there, but it sounds to me like you need more "vape" to mimic the "smoke" and if your watts are high, your juice will heat up, and IMO that gives a "throat hit," of it's own sort which you might like... But I'm pretty new so really, I'd listen to some of the more seasoned members who are also giving you other options....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread