Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
OOOH.

1. Bushy--He was a little scruffy white dog who had to go #2 seconds after he ate.

2. Boom Booms--She was an overweight Siamese cat who was very grouchy.

3. Larry Cedar--He was a white and orange goldfish who was named after a guy from the kids' show Mathnet.

4. Winston Churchill--He was a wily little hamster that liked to hide underneath things.

5. Stormy--A scrawny little cat who liked to get "trapped" behind the dresser until the dog barked a bunch and we hand to "rescue" her.

6. Duke--A dachshund beagle mix that was the love of my life. He once chewed a hole through my bedroom door.

7. Socrates--a blue Russian cat who was very vocal. He liked to perch atop the washer and dryer and meow authoritatively.

8. Lobo--Half wolf, half malamute. He used to howl when we left him alone.

9. Max--a three-legged boxer who won a costume contest when we dressed him up as a pirate with stuff from the dollar store.

10. Rikki--A tortico who wakes me up if my blood sugar is low.

11. Rolexxxa---She is a very sassy long-haired tabby who likes to play hard to get.

12. Manfred--A sweet, formerly abused pitbull-boxer who liked wearing a bonnet. He went nuts and bit my SO. When I left that night I actually heard him howl. He was a helluva dog.

13. Magatha Christie (Maggie)--Part lab, part terrier. If she's outside and you say, "where's Maggie?" She'll jump up and you can see her whole body launch into the air from the storm door window.

14. Abel, Samuelson and Lulu--Three fancy rats that like to crawl on my shoulder and brux when they're happy.

thanks! This was a fun thread. i can't wait to learn more about other vape pets!

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I haven't had many pets, and most were from when I was a kid so I don't remember much of their personality, but I'll do my best.

1. Sam - black lab
2. Whiskers - grey kitten
3. Moose - chocolate lab, very active and playful
4. Bailey - lab/sharpei mix, very shy
5. Prissy - my daughter's picanese, name fits very well
6. Molly - wife's English bulldog, lazy and loving
7. Chewie - chocolate lab, still pretty young, but playful and chews on everything

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I haven't had many pets, and most were from when I was a kid so I don't remember much of their personality, but I'll do my best.

1. Sam - black lab
2. Whiskers - grey kitten
3. Moose - chocolate lab, very active and playful
4. Bailey - lab/sharpei mix, very shy
5. Prissy - my daughter's picanese, name fits very well
6. Molly - wife's English bulldog, lazy and loving
7. Chewie - chocolate lab, still pretty young, but playful and chews on everything
I can envision all of them! I'd love to see a pic of Prissy!

Do she and Molly get along?

My dog escaped yesterday and tunneled into the neighbor's yard, and then ran inside their home!

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I can envision all of them! I'd love to see a pic of Prissy!

Do she and Molly get along?

My dog escaped yesterday and tunneled into the neighbor's yard, and then ran inside their home!
They did. Molly isn't with us anymore. Prissy is out roaming right now. If I remember, I'll post a pic of her later.

Sent from the future with my Flux Capacitor enabled Note 5

Reactions: Coolloser

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
They did. Molly isn't with us anymore. Prissy is out roaming right now. If I remember, I'll post a pic of her later.

Sorry to hear about Molly. I hate it when dogs leave us. I have a dachshund that is probably 25 years old now and I believe he is working on a farm now.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I'm too old and have had to many animals over the years to list them all. Plus it hurts to think of all the loss. I will tell you of my last dog 10 years ago. Her name was Anna. She was a border collie and smart as a whip. She was my ever faithful companion. She was truly my best friend. Sadly at 11 yrs. Old she had a stroke and had to be put down. I was away on business and didn't get to say goodbye. I was a heavy smoker then and feel smoking contributed to her failed health. Vaping wasn't on my radar back then. That I regret. Here's to you Anna- Best dog ever.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Sorry to hear about Molly. I hate it when dogs leave us. I have a dachshund that is probably 25 years old now and I believe he is working on a farm now.
Did you see that episode of King of Queens where he found out his parents had been getting a new dog for like 30 years that was the same kind. He thought he had the sabe dog since he was a little kid...

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I'm too old and have had to many animals over the years to list them all. Plus it hurts to think of all the loss. I will tell you of my last dog 10 years ago. Her name was Anna. She was a border collie and smart as a whip. She was my ever faithful companion. She was truly my best friend. Sadly at 11 yrs. Old she had a stroke and had to be put down. I was away on business and didn't get to say goodbye. I was a heavy smoker then and feel smoking contributed to her failed health. Vaping wasn't on my radar back then. That I regret. Here's to you Anna- Best dog ever.
Thanks for sharing, DavidAmonettNashville! Your post got me a little choked up. She sounds like a helluva dog. My parents had a beloved dog, and after he went, they will never have another. There's just no replacing them. I relate to your post a bit because I had my dog Duke while I was married. When I got divorced, Duke went to live with his former owners, who had a mentally disabled daughter who was able to love him very much. I was thankful for that, but heartbroken to know that I wasn't there when he died. I'm sending you much love, and I'm thankful you were able to have a dog like Anna in your life.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Did you see that episode of King of Queens where he found out his parents had been getting a new dog for like 30 years that was the same kind. He thought he had the sabe dog since he was a little kid...

I didn't! That's the story of my life. Whenever I watch an old show with a dog in it, I always say, "I wonder how old that dog is now."

In my mind they DO live forever and ever!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can't do them all....
but the last few were
1. a guinea pig named Lilo...........very moody & demanding....(reminded me of Lilo from Lilo & Stitch)....
2. a little blue parakeet (that just recently passes) named Baby Blue....also very demanding...but the quietest bird you have ever seen....

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
To name every pet you've owned and list a personality trait that made them unique. (I'll followup with mine once I'm not mobile.)

Buddy. Giant M'lute malamute 122 lbs. All about sharing his love with the world, immensely powerful, his own dog, does not take orders, must be physically controlled, and let run loose will kill and eat every small animal in the neighborhood, except cats. He oddly makes great friends with cats. Go figure.

If he is outside and you take chicken out of the fridge he will set up howling immediately. He knows you have it, he wants it, right now. You aren't getting out of this. I rescued him in California, seconds ahead of Animal Control. We rolled out as they rolled in.

Last edited:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Buddy. Giant M'lute malamute 122 lbs. All about sharing his love with the world, immensely powerful, his own dog, does not take orders, must be physically controlled, and let run loose will kill and eat every small animal in the neighborhood, except cats. He oddly makes great friends with cats. Go figure.

If he is outside and you take chicken out of the fridge he will set up howling immediately. He knows you have it, he wants it, right now. You aren't getting of of this. I rescued him in California, seconds ahead of Animal Control. We rolled out as they rolled in.

I love him! He's so beautiful and he looks cuddly! I had a dog that was half malamute and half wolf. A lovely behemoth of a beast.

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
I love reading about your pets everyone! Amazing how much personality animals have and how much they impact our lives.

Shadow was our first dog, a black cockapoo that lived up to her name and followed my mom everywhere.

Bootsie was a black and white cat that had the grouchiest meow ever for a tiny girl.

Patches (also a girl tuxedo) slept in the shoe shelf by the back door.

Sinbad and Bonkers (cats) were litter mates my mom picked up at the flea market for free. Bonkers had the softest grey fur, he sadly ran away after a few months. Years later we spotted him in the window of a house nearby. We were happy that he wasn't run over and had a family. Sad that he didn't choose us of course.
Sinbad (did you know that most ginger cats are boys and torties/calicos are girls?) A female ginger. This girl was very memorable. She announced everything she did, with a .....y meow. Sinbad was prone to seizures but insisted on lying on the highest dressers to fall off as well as sleeping under the covers. I still have a scar on my thumb from her.

Blackie was a replacement for Bonkers. This black (obviously lol) girl slept in the strangest places. The microwave and dishwasher were favourites. No, not on but inside!
Andrew and Tigger (gingers). These boys came from my uncle, a legit cat man. You ever see animal hoarders? He was a cat hoarder, cats in and out of the house and yard. Dozens of them!
My mom was visiting him when we were in town and decided that she wanted to bring one of his kittens home for my sister and I. A little orange kitten was very friendly with her (unlike the majority who were half feral) so the choice was obvious. When she went to pick it up before we left town... There was two identical ginger kittens climbing her legs for cuddles. So they both came home!
Andrew was mine, I named him after the boy I had a crush on (grade 3!). I should have named him Garfield as he lived to eat. He would come running when I called his name from anywhere in the house.
Tigger was my sister's. She took two weeks to decide on this original name. He liked to bring her socks and underwear.

Pieta was a Yorkshire Terrier. I convinced my mom to visit the SPCA after Shadow died, she said she wanted a dog that looked like a cat. We spotted this tiny dog with a snaggletooth and instantly fell in love. We learned that she was 14 years old and had had 5 previous owners. We knew then that she needed a forever home the most. Pieta would Bonk her tiny skull on the coffee table everytime she jumped on the couch. Like most yorkie's, she would shiver when excited and she danced in circles when she needed to pee. She lived 4 more years and even though it was a short time with us, she brought us joy and she got to finish her life being happy. She was skin and bones when we got her at 2.5lbs. My mom fattened her up to 4.5 by the end and she still wasn't obese.

These were my childhood pets along with mice, so many mice. I actually bred them to sell to the pet store for snake food (don't feel bad, it's the ciiiiircle of life). The notable ones were Scooter, Spin, and Skunk. Scooter was named that because he would scoot around upsidedown on the mesh at the top of the cage. Spun was named such because she would run in the wheel top speed until she was whipping completely around. Skunk was named because he had the markings of a skunk, even on his tail!

I also had two Degus, Dorkie and Pogo. They bonded to each other but didn't mind being picked up and getting skritches. Like chinchillas, they loved having dust baths. They also like building nests, strips of paper towels were a fave. They would hoard shiny things in their nest so they loved taking pennies from people to hide. Degus love raisins more than anything, it's their crack BUT they are prone to diabetes so it has to be a seldom treat.

After having the Degus for a couple years I decided to get two chinchillas. Sketchy (he had the wildest fur) and Klutz (he liked to "fall" from the highest cage level with very little grace). We had their cage next to the Degus for awhile and I asked on an animal forum if I could put them in the same cage. Nobody could say one way or another so I decided to wing it and monitor closely for fighting. The first day there were some minor scuffles but they were all familiar with each other and settled down fast. Both Degus and chinchillas love to cuddle and soon they all cuddled into big balls of fluff!

One morning I went to feed them and got confused when there seemed to be 3 Degus in the cage! Turned out Klutz wasn't just getting fat from raisins, "he" was sexed wrong in the pet store and here was "gaybe" short for "gay baby". He was named this because we assumed the parents were boys who humped each other!

Onto the living now with Joey. Her name is actually Josephine but nobody calls her that. She's a white Angora (think persian without the squished face) that will relentlessly tell you when she wants something. Meowing and getting you to follow her to the tap for water or to the dish to eat. She will only sit on edges of things and tends to fall off when sleeping or bathing.

We decided one day that Joey could use a friend and my nephew could use a cat that would play with him. We headed to the local shelter to see what we could find.
Bliss (another orange ginger!) chose my nephew, slithering between his legs and mewing for love. We tell the worker that we'll take her and learn that she's part of a bonded pair with her brother Remmy. Which one was Remmy? He was the giant suck that my roommate was actually giving belly rubs to at that moment. Of course we adopted both!

Bliss is a polydactyl freak that loves everyone and everything, no wonder she was named Bliss. She'll walk into a room, look right at you and you could swear she is saying "Hi!" In her squeaky voice. She is great with my nephew and allows him to carry her around by the armpits like all kids seen to do. I tried it once and she scratched me and fled!

Remmy (black/brown tabby) is more chill and content to cuddle for hours (but not on your lap of course). He stole one of my cups of water when he was sick and will only drink out of it now. He does backflips when we play with him

We do TNR with the same place we adopted Bliss and Remmy from. Essentially we put out traps to catch the local strays, bring them to the vet to be checked and sterilized. From there they're either deemed adoptable or released back to the neighbourhood with a tattoo that prevents them from being impounded.
One morning I go to check the trap and *bang* *bang*, there's a black/brown tabby in there bashing his head so hard to get out that it was bleeding. I called him "Ferdinand the Bull". Obviously he was feral and wasn't adoptable but we would ensure he was fed and watered with our feeding station.
Almost two years to the day later I was able to coax him inside and he hasn't left since. Our "FerdyButt" turned out to be our biggest lap cat of them all! We figure he had abusive owners and was reluctant to trust again. He rubs his face on beards and copies the other cats.

This was way longer than I expected and I didn't even get into all the strays we've rescued/returned. Stay tuned, I may do part 2 for them if you guys care to hear about them?

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Never owned a pet yet but if I did she'd be a cute Dutch Shepard type and she'd go with adventures with me and maybe help to solve a mystery of two.
I like the idea of you and a Dutch Shepard taking on the world one city at a time! Maybe traveling in a special helicopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread