Not open for further replies.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
I had one too many last night and my Triton fell out of my coat pocket. :(

Woke up to find my tank standing in a ring of ejuice. :(

Is there a safe way to re-seal the crack with wax/tape/glue, without risking it leaking into the tank, or is it FUBAR?

IMG_7370.jpg IMG_7366.jpg

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Oh I don't have an answer, so sorry Greenleaf!! Perhaps BigBen or one of our other resident tinkerers will chime in soon.

Thanks for the moral support, the Green tank was my favorite child lol.

I didn't even need to order anything else at the moment, so I'm hoping it can be adequately sealed. :(

Penguins17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
They make "glass glue", but it would have to be a special type of glass glu /glass contact cement that would be "culinary safe" that way you know you are not inhaling some chemicals your body wouldn't react well too. I would say just replace it, I would never risk inhaling particals of some glass patcher, would you take that risk for something that can be replaced fairly cheaply. Besides the patching materials would probably cost just as much if not more as replacing it with a brand new one.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Why not super glue? Those CA glues turn to stone when they are cured. Dentists use CA adhesives to repair teeth, so toxicity cannot be an issue. I would clean that tank in an ultrasonic and use a toothpick and carefully put CA in that crack and follow with an accelerator. The adhesive will cure instantly. But this might ruin the aesthetics of the tank. I dunno, just thinking out loud here. ;)

{CA = cyanoacrylate adhesive, meaning "super glue"}

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
They make "glass glue", but it would have to be a special type of glass glu /glass contact cement that would be "culinary safe" that way you know you are not inhaling some chemicals your body wouldn't react well too. I would say just replace it, I would never risk inhaling particals of some glass patcher, would you take that risk for something that can be replaced fairly cheaply. Besides the patching materials would probably cost just as much if not more as replacing it with a brand new one.

I have put much worse into my body, but never again. The tanks are only $7, and the coil and tip they come with is worth $3.50, making the tank portion $3.50. I will patch it with tape over a sliver of tissue paper until I can order a replacement. It's working fine in the mean time. Thanks guys.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
{CA = cyanoacrylate adhesive, meaning "super glue"} ......Wouldn't want to inhale anything that had 'cyan' in it tho (imho) Even if dentists use it, saliva goes into the stomach where all kinds of stomach acids reside i. e. hydrochloric acid which probably makes super glue scream like a little girl. The lungs have no such defenses. Idk Green, your call...just sayin':vapor:

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
{CA = cyanoacrylate adhesive, meaning "super glue"} ......Wouldn't want to inhale anything that had 'cyan' in it tho (imho) Even if dentists use it, saliva goes into the stomach where all kinds of stomach acids reside i. e. hydrochloric acid which probably makes super glue scream like a little girl. The lungs have no such defenses. Idk Green, your call...just sayin':vapor:

QFT. I just taped it. Such a miniscule amount of adhesive making contact with the crack. Like I said, I have inhaled sooo much worse in my day lol. Got a new tank and a bottle of southern classic on my next order.:blush:

Attachments

• IMG_7378.jpg
    IMG_7378.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 464

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Why not super glue? Those CA glues turn to stone when they are cured. Dentists use CA adhesives to repair teeth, so toxicity cannot be an issue.

Yes, dentists use it. But it's not sitting in contact with the pg/vg, nicotine liquids for hours or days. CA might react with the liquid. Might not.

And Penguins, it's not glass, but very hard plastic.

GreenLeaf, see if you can find electrical tape. It'll hold up better than regular scotch tape for a temp fix. But I think you will cannabalize the tip and head, then send it to BigBen.

And it could have been so much worse. I've been imbibed, I dropped out of my coat, and woke up in a ring of juice... Just sayin...

Last edited:

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Yes, dentists use it. But it's not sitting in contact with the pg/vg, nicotine liquids for hours or days. CA might react with the liquid. Might not.

And Penguins, it's not glass, but very hard plastic.

GreenLeaf, see if you can find electrical tape. It'll hold up better than regular schotch tape for a temp fix. But I think you will cannabilize the tip and head, then send it to BigBen.

And it could have been so much worse. I've had too many, dropped out of my coat, and woke up in a ring of juice... Just sayin...

I just fixed a tank with some package tape. It seems to work so far.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using tapatalk

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Thats not a tank....thats a clearomizer and it happens all the time.

Zapped, are you sure? Cause then Halo has their complete Triton line misnamed. Maybe you should let them know. Cause I guess all of us have been referring to the Triton tank as a tank. And now, after months, we find out we are all wrong. Thanks!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Some people use "clearomizer" to designate disposables only. Others use the term "tank" to designate a carto-tank, which is a completely different device.

Everybody's different.;)

+1. I still refer it to a top coil tank tho considering you can change out coils/rewick but I guess it's truly a clearo tank. The minis to me are more clearos.

But really the only reason why I'm even responding here is cuz I know you said a while back changing out the flavor wick with a cotton yarn wick isn't really worth it.

I'm stubborn and feeling like tinkering a bit so I bought some anyway and going to boil it and try it either tonight or tomorrow. I hope I don't get "I told ya so..." :facepalm: I really am curious if it will work and any noticeable change in flavor.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Oh, I agree with you. But since my taste buds are nuts, sometimes it's hard for me to tell when there's a true improvement. A fresh new coil for me at times doesn't taste any different then an old one the first part of the day, then the second part of the day, it's the best vape ever.

So I second guess my own taste buds at times. I then ask questions to others to see what they think about X,Y, Z...example, I asked BigBen if he ever tried swapping out the flavor wick with cotton. I trust his judgement cuz he's helped me so much along the way. But, still gonna try it anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread