I dont know how you people do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I read on here about people still having a few cigs once in a while or when the craving gets real bad and seriously I dont know how you can do that. Now dont get me wrong here I am not an anti smoking nazi nor do I think I am superior to any that cant quit smoking altogether.

For me there is no such thing as 2 cigs a day or only when the craving gets real bad. For me if I smoke just 1 cig its only a matter of time before I am hooked on the damn things again.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
Everybody is different, I am happy with 24mg @ 3.7v. I only smoked for two days after getting my first 510 and never looked back.

When I do need a bit extra I can hit one of my 5v devices for a few minutes...soon kills any cravings.

Some folks are wired different, some have different life situations that may be more stressfull, or they may just feel like a few smokes now and then. I salute anybody who has totally or partially replaced tobacco with e-cigs.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
I don't see how they do it either, they taste nasty now, it's like where did the good stuff go?

They taste nasty to those of us who have completely ceased smoking, if some folks have continued to smoke a few cigs a day, they probably don't realise this.

(I wouldn't know, I haven't tried a real cig since I gave up...smelt plenty and not liked the niff of 'em though).

techtony

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Louisiana USA
They taste nasty to those of us who have completely ceased smoking, if some folks have continued to smoke a few cigs a day, they probably don't realise this.

(I wouldn't know, I haven't tried a real cig since I gave up...smelt plenty and not liked the niff of 'em though).

True I didn't think of that. The only time I went back to smoking was due to hardware failure and I've had less than an accumulated pack.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
It is hard to walk into the club and smell the smoke on people I work with. I do not think the realize just how strong of smell it is. It permeates everything and the perfume and body sprays do not remove it. It almost makes me gag. To think I must have smelt that bad at one time. I'll never smoke another regular cigarette again.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I must be a true blue ex-smoker now.

The smoke on people who have just had a analog and walk into your house didn't bother me that much when I first quit. But after 4 months of being smoke free, the second hand smoke, the smoke smell on people and the smoke they are still exhaling really did me in last night. Yuck!

Made me sick to my stomach, I got a headache and felt like throwing up.

Now I truly know why people who don't smoke have a thing against smokers.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
the first time i quit smoking back in February of last year. i quit immediatly when i received my e-cig..for me it was just that easy. about 2 months later i tried a cigarette.....i loved it...it tasted great to me. i didnt have one after that for about another 2 months

then i started smoking again in the end of May...

i quit again a few weeks ago the same way...i still had all my e-cigs and juices stored away...i took them out when i was on my last 2 analogs.

my problem is that i like the way a cigarette taste...i was a menthol smoker.

im hoping this time around i quit for good

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
For me it is easy to switch back and forth. My girlfriend has always hated the smell of smoke, and so does my son. When I am with them (which is most of the time) I don't smoke. However, when I am by myself or with a client that has always smoked with me, I will step out and have one with them. Sometimes I do use my e-cig instead of smoking and I have tried to convert all of my smoking clients with little success. Either way it does not matter to me which way I am getting nicotine, as long as I am getting it. I think if I counted all of the analogs I have smoked in the past month, it's probably around a pack and thats not bad for someone that used to smoke between a pack and a pack and a half a day. I even heard good old Dr. Dean Edell say on his show one time, that if you were a very light smoker like one cig a day or less. Then you really have no more risk of getting cancer or some other lung related problem then a non smoker. If that is the case them I'm good with that.

Alphabet

Apr 2, 2009
Wyoming, USA
I have had my e-smoke since May 2009, it took a while to completely cut out the analogs. I was not a heavy smoker to begin with, I slowly started smoking less and less and have not had a cigarette in almost 3 weeks now (Was down to about 3 a week). My boss offered me one today and I had no problem saying no thanks! So I can see where having one now and again happens, but it seems to happen less and less (at least in my case) as the PV is used more.

Last edited:

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
Some of us just still like the taste of a tobacco cigarette (myself included), but we want to harm ourselves as little as possible, so we vape most of the time but allow ourselves a bit of leeway if we have a craving for the "real thing". I like to vape, but I still like the taste of tobacco as well. You don't have to like just one or the other. It's about harm reduction. If I get to the point where I don't like tobacco anymore (which after 20 some years may never happen), then I will give them up. I hope that happens someday. I am trying to get there!

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
the first time i quit smoking back in February of last year. i quit immediatly when i received my e-cig..for me it was just that easy. about 2 months later i tried a cigarette.....i loved it...it tasted great to me. i didnt have one after that for about another 2 months

then i started smoking again in the end of May...

i quit again a few weeks ago the same way...i still had all my e-cigs and juices stored away...i took them out when i was on my last 2 analogs.

my problem is that i like the way a cigarette taste...i was a menthol smoker.

im hoping this time around i quit for good

Yup im in your boat, I must be a hardcore addict, about a month ago I decided I would take a hit from my sons cig to see if they tasted bad well lets just say one hit convinced me that I am one cig away from going right back to where I was 3.5 months ago before I quit. For me, I win the battle keeping away from that 1 cig cuz I know I will like them but I also know what I hate about them. One thing I know is, for me their like lays potato chips, I cant have just 1.

Last edited:

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Yup im in your boat, I must be a hardcore addict, about a month ago I decided I would take a hit from my sons cig to see if they tasted bad well lets just say one hit convinced me that I am one cig away from going right back to where I was 3.5 months ago before I quit. For me I win the battle keeping away from that 1 cig cuz I know I will like them but I also know what I hate about them. One thing I know is for me their like lays potato chips, I cant have just 1.

i hear ya....i think i can go back easily as well

one thing i do remember...when i did go back to smoking...the first half pack of cigs tasted great...then on they tasted the same like i never quit. there is just something about that taste thats gets you hooked.......just like when you find you fav e-juice.

anyways...i do smell a difference between regular and menthol smokers before (when i quit the first time) and now. to me....regular smokers stink and smell like cigarette ash. menthol smokers do not...i dont know why...maybe its something in a menthol cigarette

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan

Yep - I smoked less & less for about 2 months after I started vaping. Never noticed that they actually tasted nasty, but they got really bland (possibly stale? - that last half pack was opened for a month or more - which never happened when I was doing 2 ppd).

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Yup im in your boat, I must be a hardcore addict, about a month ago I decided I would take a hit from my sons cig to see if they tasted bad well lets just say one hit convinced me that I am one cig away from going right back to where I was 3.5 months ago before I quit. For me, I win the battle keeping away from that 1 cig cuz I know I will like them but I also know what I hate about them. One thing I know is, for me their like lays potato chips, I cant have just 1.

I agree, I am the same. I cannot have any.

Trixie

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
US
Brewster 59 - count me among those who did not just immediately and forever give up cigarettes. As I have stated in prior threads I initially got my e-cig as a gift, and to be polite I thanked the giver and told them I was happy to try them, use them as a supplement, whatever, but that I had no plans to give up smoking. After over 30 years of smoking, and trying numerous times to quit, I had resigned myself to the fact that smoking was my cross to bear, but coupled with the fact that I was indeed addicted I also truly enjoyed smoking, while dreading any possible health problems that may await me.
Began vaping in early June, and immediately found my cigarette intake reduced from 30 daily to between 10-15, unintended though it was. It was another month before I noticed I was down to about 7-10 daily, and it wasn't until August 3rd, when I had been down to about 3 cigarettes a day that I just didn't bother with the first one, and never got around to lighting up any that day. Surprised the heck out of me that I really, truly didn't want one, and in fact I'm still startled sometimes, because as I said I did enjoy smoking, and had struggled unsuccessfully too many times to think I could every give them up by hook or crook, let alone by free choice. Still wouldn't beat myself up if I really wanted one, and still think of myself as a smoker who simply chooses not to smoke, but perhaps that's why it works for me. Don't know, don't care, but I do encourage people to be realistic and not beat themselves up in their attempts to get away from cigarettes with electronic ones. Some folks just immediately lose the desire, while others don't, and for those that don't trying the "immediate drop" just isn't going to work, and that’s nobody’s business but their own. We’ve each smoked for varying periods of time, and if we are going to succeed we’ll also do that on our own individual timetable too. Oh, and if someone never gives them up entirely, but can honestly reduce their risk by serious reduction using the e-cigs, I say good for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread