Not open for further replies.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I mostly agree with the original post.
I think if anything is an e-cig its the cig-a-likes.
My brother in law calls his ego with evod tank an e-cig... its like nails on a chock board to me... "Dude.. PV, Vaporizer... its not an 'E-Cig!'"
Nicotine and inhaling is the only thing they could have in common.. atleast the cig-a-likes LOOK like a cigarette. I guess that's where all this started. And it is an effective association to get smokers on board (worked on me).

But here we are, posting on a forum called E-Cigarette-Forum...

Generally I like the term Fogger the best :) Its just not apt for the cig-a-like's (as i recall, the blu I had didn't produce enough vapor on its best day to be called 'fog') Isnt the technology similar to that in a fog machine anyway?

LoriVanPelt

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Asspucker, Illinois
I mostly agree with the original post.
I think if anything is an e-cig its the cig-a-likes.
My brother in law calls his ego with evod tank an e-cig... its like nails on a chock board to me... "Dude.. PV, Vaporizer... its not an 'E-Cig!'"
Nicotine and inhaling is the only thing they could have in common.. atleast the cig-a-likes LOOK like a cigarette. I guess that's where all this started. And it is an effective association to get smokers on board (worked on me).

But here we are, posting on a forum called E-Cigarette-Forum...

Generally I like the term Fogger the best :) Its just not apt for the cig-a-like's (as i recall, the blu I had didn't produce enough vapor on its best day to be called 'fog') Isnt the technology similar to that in a fog machine anyway?

i oppose the term fogger as it is close to the term FLOGGER which is a COMPLETELY different thing in another forum i belong to lol lol i do not see me ever using that term lol

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
As a long time smoker, car and gun guy. Where... Smoking is almost a guaranteed byproduct of the environment. I have to be honest. The whole "Vape" vaper thing has an... Uhm... 'Gay' connotation. It sounds gay. If you say vaporizer. It has a drug connotation.

Electronic cigarette at least gets instant recognition without narrowed eyebrows about you being a druggy.

Nicotine inhaler is pretty neutral.

But seriously the whole vape - vaper - vaping thing. I don't think thats ever going to something I use. It's... Yeah. Not for me.

I understand cleaning up your image. Like calling an AR 15 a semi auto sporting rifle because it isnt select fire assault rifle. (Despite looking like one).

But gah... Something else... Please...

Last edited:

Navy20

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2014
New York State, USA
I call it an electronic cigarette . . . I tell people I quit smoking the "crap" and now I vape the "better alternative". I tell people that I inhale PG, VG, Nicotine, Flavoring and Water vice the 4000 chemicals found in real cigarettes, and I feel a whole lot better.
As a child, I pretended to smoke bubble gum cigarettes. I thought they were pretty good. Did they lead me to the real thing? I don't believe so. Although there are those that will say that they (the bubble gum cigarette), was the beginning of my addiction. I have said this many times, I enjoy the smell of burning tobacco just as I enjoy the smell of a wood burning fire, but I chose to "switch" from smoking cigarettes to vaping e-cigarettes because it was healthier. I am reducing my nicotine level as I progress here. I started out at 24mg/ml and am down to 12mg/ml. My goal is to reduce the nicotine level to 0mg/ml. Will I quit vaping at that time? Time will tell!
At this point in time, I am quite pleased to be off the "cigarette" and on the "e-cigarette".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread