I finally have a good working vape now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have had many trials and tribulations with my RSST, never really could get it working right, trying with mesh, SS braids, EKOwool, few different hybrid silica with mesh or SS braid, tried silica alone, really did not taste good. Nothing seems to really work for me.

I think I have found a solution that still needs to be tweaked perhaps, but it works great. I now am using 400 mesh, torched, rolled, torched again, but when rolling, make it hollow. I think my piece is 1.3in by 3in and that fits once rolled enough. then of course I put it in, wrapped it with 32 gauge kanthal with no liquid in the tank to get the kanthal firing correctly around the hollowed mesh. I use my mech mod for this, sometimes it actually takes awhile and really heats up the unit. Once its perfectly firing evenly as I can get it on the mech mod, I try it on the zmax. Usually it works the same, but sometimes the zmax makes it have hot spots again. That can be annoying, but I always get it good enough. I let it cool down, sometimes in the fridge or freezer if I'm in a hurry. So then I test one last time, then fill it up if ready with fluid. Another tip, I line up the wick and air hole opposite of the battery's button for actual use explained later.

I usually use a syringe (that works best) or a small dropper, but I don't use the air hole to fill because the liquid just shoots right up through the hollow wick. So I get it through the wick itself. Usually it gets a bit messy and I tend to waste a bit of fluid when filling unfortunately. So I dry up everything with Q-tips and such, by that time, the fluid that filled the wick when filling goes down due to gravity.

OK! So now its all ready to go. To start, I take the cap off, tilt horizontally with the wick closest to the ground (where the air hole lines up, that would face the ground). It takes a good 10 seconds, but your watching the wick for liquid to start coming through the hollow portion. Once it does, I just hold it a sec to make sure the wick is actually saturated all the way around so it wont be dry at all.

Now, I put the cap on quick, tilt back to horizontal if you moved it down to cap it properly with the air hole lined up (this is essential) And hit away... I keep holding it horizontal while hitting if I don't hear flooding (gurgling noise of too much fluid getting wicked, and its falling down on the air hole) or twist it slightly to the right if I do.

Now to be perfectly honest, its working great, but I'm already thinking of ways to improve it. I figure if I cut it smaller width, that makes the wick thinner, thus allowing fluid to come through the sides more easily when it comes to the top of the wick. Then I was also thinking if I were to thin it out, making it's height a bit taller to have the tip of the top crimped slightly or fully (whatever wicks right) to avoid flooding easily. That might wick better and prevent flooding.

Thats really the main problem, once it starts to flood, vapor production goes way down and the taste is not quite right. Flooding happens to me because the liquid is coming out faster then I'm vaping it away. I think its due to the fact that when using it a lot, it heats up everything, making the fluid more viscous I think is the word for it and it flows to easily and comes out way to fast to vape it out of there.

So yeah, when its properly cooled down, flooding never really happens, I just get really nice flavor if its wicking enough. On the other side of things I can get dry hits, and those don't taste too good. The tilting method can be annoying, especially when driving but its worth the quality of vaper I am getting. If I'm patient with it, its easy to get it tasting great, but it'll be dry until tilted 10 seconds, less if hot.

I'm pretty happy with it, my set up is actually lasting longer then a day, which has never really happened in like 2 months!! Not to mention it tastes amazing... I recommend trying this way if you haven't already. Better yet throw me your ideas on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread