Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m getting way too frustrated just trying to post a question or respond to a message. The pages and options are just too much for this old timer. Sometimes they say simpler is better. And I’m this case I’m going to have to agree.

I just got onto another site where everything things seems so intuitive at this point. Maybe ECF will be that way again today but I can’t give myself a stomach ulcer every time I want to post something

I’ll keep trying but I don’t want to hear a word unless it’s to help me.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    b67.gif

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I’m getting way too frustrated just trying to post a question or respond to a message. The pages and options are just too much for this old timer. Sometimes they say simpler is better. And I’m this case I’m going to have to agree.

I just got onto another site where everything things seems so intuitive at this point. Maybe ECF will be that way again today but I can’t give myself a stomach ulcer every time I want to post something

Yesterday I was negative about the update, became more positive when I had time to check how one navigates compared to the old forum.
    It will probably be as usual, we have to spend some time to master the changes.

For me, it is the members that make me come to the forum daily.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yesterday I was negative about the update, became more positive when I had time to check how one navigates compared to the old forum.

I agree. I figure I'll eventually get used to the new changes, but it's the people that I like about ECF.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Hang in there Fidola. I know it is Frustrating.

Things that were Simple and Intuitive now seem Awkward. But I think things will get Better. It just might take Longer than any of us like.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Oh me as well. I don’t know what I’d do with out the people and support that I receive here. I’ll just keep playing with it unroll it’s second nature. Like I said I hate change and before you know it I have no remembrance of this at all. I hope lol, you all re my second family and my day would truly be a disappointment without saying hi o everyone and chatting about vaping.

It’s just a new website not rocket science so if I make a ton of errors please don’t make up of me. I get embarrassed easily for some reasons.
    Hang in there Fidola. I know it is Frustrating.

Things that were Simple and Intuitive now seem Awkward. But I think things will get Better. It just might take Longer than any of us like.

Thanks I appreciate it. I can’t be the only one fonding this frustrating but like you and other have said “ hang in there”

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thanks I appreciate it. I can’t be the only one fonding this frustrating but like you and other have said “ hang in there”

Trust Me, You are NOT the Only One who Finds this Upgrade to be a PITA. It is.

But We'll get thru it. They'll bring back some of the Functionality that has been Lost. And We'll find work arounds for what just Doesn't Work.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I'm having a rough time adjusting too. I think I just need to spend some time poking around with the settings to see if I can change the layout and colors. Like a lot of you already said, I'll get used to it eventually. Far too much information on here for me to give up completely.

I've been just poking around and playing with stuff too.

We had to do this as the version we were on is no longer supported.
    Last forum change was waaaaay back in 2015 when we went from VB to ZenForo.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    And people complained then too, people don't like change, but they get use to it in time, just a bit of a learning curve.
    That's the truth of it. When you have been using any software for a while you move around without having to think about it, then it changes and you have to think again which is a burden. It passes after a while

I was the software guy for many years, whatever you did the users were always mad at you.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Since this thread is still open can anyone tell me how to find the dark forum set up? I'm not seeing the option, and I'm blind in one eye and going blind in the second - dark background is nice.

It's been discussed in here :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    It's been discussed in here :)

Thanks... I'm so very lost now... Lol

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA

It appears to be a mess for sure. I miss all the buttons we used to have.

Reactions: Resistance
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread