• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I got a WetBox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
And I love playing with it :D

I've been waiting and waiting to get my hands on a bottle mod - after 7 months of vaping I'm sick of dripping all the time - not to mention constant battery shuffles.

I tried one preorder for a box/bottle mod and didn't have much success. :(

A week ago I saw the Wetbox and decided to order one from the US. On The same day I ordered some bits and pieces from a Chinese site and an Aussie site.

The Wetbox was brand new on the market but had some good reviews and reputation, as did the site. The fact that their order was shipped in 2 hours made me think they're on the ball.

5 days later a package was waiting in the mailbox... All the bits and pieces were in there, as well as a nice handwritten thank you/greetz to Australia note from Bruce, the owner. I was totally blown away by the fact that they got it to me faster than my order from Oz.

First impressions? Smaller than expected (good for stealth vaping), sturdy, neat. Decent instructions. Batteries took around 2hrs to charge.

How does it vape? After mostly using 510's this thing gives a strong, hot hit. It uses the 510 cartomiser (bottom fed by a syringe attached to the 3ml bottle) although a standard 510 atty mod may be possible in the future.

I really feel the nicotine using the wetbox - with the 510s I'm used to hitting them constantly - I can basically drain a full standard battery before getting my fill. I think with the wetbox I can use it for 5-10 mins and then I'm feeling nicotiney and don't want any more for a while. I like that. I can actually put it down and walk away :ohmy:

There's a bit of a learning process to get the squeezing right - have had one 'dry' vape at the start (nasty taste) and a few floods which bring juice to the top. But mostly it's just right and when it floods it doesn't leak inside the box.

Took it out to a bar last night, no probs carrying around in the pants pocket. No leaking or other dramas. So much better not to have fill my pockets with spare batteries and bottles of juice. The stronger hit meant that a couple of quick trips outside with the smokers kept me happy all night when (after a couple of drinks) I would have been itching for a stealth vape on the 510.

Sorry if this reads like an ad but I'm very happy with my new toy and very impressed with the way Bruce runs his business.

Homepage

Last edited:

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
i like the driving friendly pv's but the only problem for me is that i dont like cartomizers they dont work well for me , but hey gongrats on the purchase glad you like it .

You want a Journeyman aka Kajimod, I've got 2 3.7/6v ones so far (one for a friend) and have a 5v regulated one on the way, these things are the cream of the crop when it comes to bottom fed units and take 510 attys or using the custom adapter that comes with them a 901 if you prefer.

You can also get these in a 3ml bottle version and now a 6ml one as well.

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
A bit of an update, my wetbox was going well till I got a bit too relaxed about carrying it around. Was eating dinner at the local when I started smelling burning. Realised that it was going in my pocket. Somehow my pants had switched the master switch on and pressed the button. (I clearly remember turning the master switch off and checking).

I didn't feel it heating up as it was on the outside and my mobile was next to my skin inside the pocket. It was cooking pretty well by the time I got it out, melted the acrylic (aryldite etc) on the inside and it's flowed around everywhere. Seal is gone and the atty mount is crooked.

I tried a new atty but it's lost its mojo, ruined.

Can't blame the makers, it's my fault all the way. Just glad it didn't cook my new mobile phone in the process.

I have to say vapboy that the bottom feeder carto system worked perfectly - but - after a while I found I didn't like the hotter vapour & different flavour as much as a 501 type atty.

VPdownunder I might look at a kaji mod next!

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Oh no! A burned wetbox! Too bad it went dead and you don't like the vapor of it anymore, I have mine for only a week but I'm completely in love, such a nice PV ! Did you get back to using a regular 510 and dripping all the time? I couldn't go back if my wetbox dies, this juice feeder is the way to go, I need to order another one to make sure ;)

Tooter

Aug 9, 2010
Aus
No offense. WHAT??????????

haha, g'day kitey, Im a noob kitey, took it up last summer, but the pumping up got me puffed as, anyway no more durries and a kite pump will fix that this next summer

G'day- short for Good day
Kitey, - someone who Kite surfs
Took it up - past tense of take it up, which is a term meaning to start somethng
Noob - someone whos new at something
Summer,- a seasonal weather phenomena
Pumping - with a surf kite you have to pump up an air bladder
Puffed as - slang for puffed as a tyre? meaning I was out of breathe, Aussies often drop the last noun when describing things
durries- (AKA Dubbers, or Dubber Dubs) aussie slang for a cigarrette, taken from the makers of fine tobacco durham
Kite pump- a device that can pump a kite, the device i was refering to was an auto/ battery powered kite pump
fix- to mend or heal or solve

Ok I do admit that "this next summer" could in fact be a tautology, so what exactly didnt you understand about what I said ? ;)

tautology - an unnecessary or unessential (and sometimes unintentional) repetition of meaning, using different and dissimilar words that effectively say the same thing twice

Hope this helps

Happy Vapes

Last edited:

Tooter

Aug 9, 2010
Aus
Wrong post? Wrong thread? Wrong community?
Who died and made you the Wolfman, jack? ?

Wrong post? Um no
Wrong thread?Um no
Wrong community? Um no
Troll much?

Hes a kitey gettin off cigarettes, so am I , in my post I related something that he would understand relating to kiting and smoking, AND we're both Australian, and this is the Aussie subforum , you Mrs Trolly troll are from montreal.

Get a dog upya

Last edited:

Tooter

Aug 9, 2010
Aus
Jeez mate, no need to be like that he just didn't understand your reference, no need to accuse him of trolling.

Be like what Petal?
Her post is uneccesary, came across patronisingly chastistic and contributes nothing, classic text book trolling, and about all youd expect from a 16 yr old who thinks they are some kind of Sub Moderator lapdog. If shes older 16 than, its got problems no ones gonna solve.
Coz we all need a Montrealite interloper to make sure we aussies keep on topic.

Anyway VP, thanks, but I dont need a babysitter sporty, i know what time it is, but again thanks ;)

Im really Sorry to all you guys who take offense that I should happen to come along and ruin the best thread in the world by meeting someone with similar interests, Im deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart that I caused so much offense and maybe, just maybe you can find it in your hearts to forgive me, and we can carry on doing what we came here for: talk about the topic of vaping and strictly vaping, nothing else but vape, Vaporama! When you guys get back from your P&C / bingo/ housie/ meetings we can have a cup of tea and a biscuit and talk vape, anyone who goes even slightly off topic loses a kidney.

Hope all owners of the wet box arent such wet blankets

Happy vaping!

Last edited:

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
haha, g'day kitey, Im a noob kitey, took it up last summer, but the pumping up got me puffed as, anyway no more durries and a kite pump will fix that this next summer

Heh knew exactly what you meant. :2cool: Back in the day I used to fly a 21m on light days, that took some pumping. Buggered before you even got on the water.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread