Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
bb3f4c50cca4a462315e6549259f16cf.png

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
This wouldn't stop what happened to you because it was present tense. I'm glad you posted this because I was beginning to wonder if I am being overly cautious. Thanks to your post, I see I am not.

I keep about five tanks with juice in them on my mod stand. Being paranoid a insect of some sort might fly into the opening and possibly lodge itself in my coil, I keep a tiny wad of tissue where the drip tip goes when not in use.

I hate spiders. And spiders eat flies, i know. But still, anything that has as many eyes as legs....

This thread had me thinking about spiders crawling in my mods all night, you know the ones who like to make caves and sit at the entrance waiting to pounce.
All this bug talk makes me want to go back to 18mg.

Reactions: DaveP

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My kids used to drink a juice that had a small cap that popped off. I do believe I'll be looking for them at the store today.

You could always just use the screw off cap, from an empty eliquid bottle, to put over your drip tip. Or, order some of these from FastTech. I have both kinds and they work equally well. There's no hole in either kind for anything to get into your drip tip nor even on it! The second kind is of course easier to lose or misplace. I think that's why they come 50 in a pack! FT sells smaller packs of drip tip covers/tester tips. However, those DO have the small hole in the top, so you can use them as a drip tip cover while test vaping eliquids a friend has or in a vape shop. That hole won't keep small "critters" out.

$1.62 Authentic Vapesoon Silicone Mouthpiece Cap for Atomizer (2-Pack) 2-pack - for 18-25mm dia. atomizer/drip tip bore diameter within 15mm / dustproof / anti-skid / anti-drop at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$3.05 Silicone Drip Tip Cover Cap Testers w/ Mesh Pouch (50-Pack) 50-pack - without hole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I set my vape down to do dishes after dinner tonight. After i finished up,I was looking forward to a nice hit and instead I got a fly. So much for dessert.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Hey, I betcha the prof didn't have you in mind.
"Among millions of e-cigarette users, credible adverse events are almost non-existent."
Prof B Rodu
(commenting on the miniscule number of adverse event reports for ecigs, lodged with the FDA; 47 reports vs >10,000 for Chantix, in exactly the same time period since introduction, and with a larger ecig userbase than for Chantix)

• Useful
Reactions: bigbells

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I'm hoping in time the traumatic experience will leave my thoughts. Then I will be back to searching for a favorite juice or coil.
But you'll always be searching in vain... Subconsciously that barest glimmer of fly grease added just the perfect note to the flavor of the e-liquid. I cry for your torture....
:cry::|:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread