I hate the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I ordered my first provari last week. Mind you the closest thing to a provari I currently have is an mvp2. While that's a nice little device you can imagine my impatience. Tracking number estimated delivery on sat. I live in an apt complex and cannot see the mail box from my home. Also the office is closed on sat so if I wanted my package I had to stalk the mail man and be there myself to get it. Naturally I did, wouldn't you? At one point I got so annoyed going outside to see if he was parked out there I may or may not have facetimed my iPhone with my iPad, parked my car near the mailbox and propped my phone inside.... You laugh but tell me you wouldn't do the same to get your provari on sat morning vs Monday evening. I finally found the reclusive mailman. He didn't have it. Monday comes, I'm all excited because it's got to be here now. Nope! It's freaking Presidents' Day and the post office is on hiatus. I'm beginning to understand how Charlie Brown felt when he saw Lucy with a football. Did I mention patience is not my strong point? Have a good laugh and know every sad word is true :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
But what reward could make up for time I was wrongly deprived of?

I do believe that is a question for deep meditation. What reward could make up for all of the life one lived while unenlightened? Thou must let go of the past that cannot be changed and move forward. Just vape.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That needs to be on a poster.
Maybe with some footprints on a beach or something.
:laugh:
I do believe that is a question for deep meditation. What reward could make up for all of the life one lived while unenlightened? Thou must let go of the past that cannot changed and more forward. Just vape.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Also, facetiming-the-phone-in-the-car - that's just brilliant!!
I'm gonna use that in my next spy movie script!

I have no idea what that means, but I have a new iPhone and bluetooth that I'm trying to figure out. Siri refuses to help me. B1tch.

Last edited:

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
That is actually a brilliant idea. I have no idea how it works for sure (I have android stuff, and I'm not overly tech savvy), but I think I get the idea. If I had a mailbox, I would definitely do that.

Your suffering will end soon. Patience is never a virtue while one is awaiting fresh coffee, or the arrival of the most precious and holy of vaping devices.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I love the facetime idea. That was just brilliant. I had the same issue a week ago. The tracking site said est deliver on sat. So sat i sat around all day. Every 30 min i went to the mail box ( I too live in an apt) finally he came with no package in hand. So I ask him if I can sign the slip since I know I wont be home on monday to sign. He being the nice man he is he let me do it. He explains though that he will not be back on monday that it will be someone else, but he will leave the slip for her. I thanked him and headed back home to wait for another 2 days. Monday comes, I run home and what do I find? A slip at my door. That evil woman did not bring it. So tuesday morning my wife heads to the post office to pick it up. A few days later I see the nice mail man and he asked if she left the package for me. I tell him "NO!!!" He explains that he left the slip and a note for her and then tells me what a B*&^% she is. lol Ugh!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If your package is coming from ProVape it is coming USPS priority mail with signature required. That means the carrier is required to deliver it to your door in person to get that signature, not just leave it in a common mail area or allow apartment/office staff to sign for it unless they have your written authority to do so on file. There is no gray area in the USPS regs on first class sig required mail.

Stalking any of the carriers would be a moot point if all their delivery drivers today did their job the way the carriers regs say they "must" do it. They all do not naturally. To get good service you need to know their regs and decide if you will be one of the sheep or a wolf when dealing with todays carriers no matter what uniform they wear.

With the USPS all was fine until my regular carrier retired. After that they never came to my door, just left notice in my box and updated tracking to indicate they attempted delivery when they in fact had not. My postmaster learned first hand that I will not tolerate it any longer, twice. A couple more have came as advertised, right to my door for signature. Today will be another test of that... a sig rquired package I've been waiting 11 days for from Greece has finally showed up on USPS tracking for the first time early this morning. It's at my post office and I'm sure will be updated again this morning to out for delivery today. The carrier/sub had better come to my door with it, or this wolf will see to it that the postmaster has another afternoon of standing up with a sore ..... ;)

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Also, facetiming-the-phone-in-the-car - that's just brilliant!!
I'm gonna use that in my next spy movie script!

I was actually asked to facetime with someone while I was driving home yesterday. Uh, I don't think so? People are crazy sometimes. I mean, sure...in the office I can sometimes because I have a door - it shuts. But in the car? :confused:

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
If your package is coming from ProVape it is coming USPS priority mail with signature required. That means the carrier is required to deliver it to your door in person to get that signature, not just leave it in a common mail area or allow apartment/office staff to sign for it unless they have your written authority to do so on file. There is no gray area in the USPS regs on first class sig required mail.

Stalking any of the carriers would be a moot point if all their delivery drivers today did their job the way the carriers regs say they "must" do it. They all do not naturally. To get good service you need to know their regs and decide if you will be one of the sheep or a wolf when dealing with todays carriers no matter what uniform they wear.

With the USPS all was fine until my regular carrier retired. After that they never came to my door, just left notice in my box and updated tracking to indicate they attempted delivery when they in fact had not. My postmaster learned first hand that I will not tolerate it any longer, twice. A couple more have came as advertised, right to my door for signature. Today will be another test of that... a sig rquired package I've been waiting 11 days for from Greece has finally showed up on USPS tracking for the first time early this morning. It's at my post office and I'm sure will be updated again this morning to out for delivery today. The carrier/sub had better come to my door with it, or this wolf will see to it that the postmaster has another afternoon of standing up with a sore ..... ;)

At my apt complex the leasing office can sign for packages and all USPS packages go to them. On the plus side my stuff is never left in a random location or doorstep. Also the girls that run the leasing office know me. Down side is I can't always get there before they closed and again, no deliveries on sat.

Spydro: is it the ebaron you have arriving?? If so I hate you in a supportive but envious way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread