I Have A Cold. WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
I thought that wasn't supposed to happen to vapers. I think this is my first cold in 3+ years.

Anyone can get a cold you don't have to be a vaper or smoker to get one. My kid's don't vape nor smoke and they get colds. So being a vaper doesn't prevent colds. Wish it did though :)

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The more PG the better when it comes to the antimicrobial properties of eliquid. I've had only a couple colds in the 8+years I've been vaping versus getting a few every year when I was smoking. I've wondered for some time if the move to mostly or all VG liquids has reduced this benefit but haven't read anything that confirms it.

Here's a brief discussion on the Mt Baker Vapor website - Propylene Glycol - Germs Worst Nightmare? - Mt Baker Vapor

AlexEdler

Moved On
Jul 13, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spammer

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
There might be some truth to the vaping and not getting sick as much thing....theres no doubt I get sick less since vaping. Perhaps it's not really vaping, but just the fact that I'm not smoking anymore. The sick part wasnt so bad, it was the 2 weeks after that which got me. After my cold went away, my chest congestion was aweful, couldnt breath and was constantly hacking flem...all that has completely gone

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I thought I had a cold the last couple of days until I checked the pollen count in my area. The rating was high. So I’m taking allergy meds but boy I’m so congested and feel like crap.

Who gats allergies in August ?

Hope you feel better soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread