I have a problem with Sony 18650 vtc5. It won't work, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncmurray

Aug 21, 2014
North Carolina
Hi, I'm new here (and to forums in general) so not sure if this question should be here or not. Anyway I have a problem with an 18650 Sony vtc5 battery. I ran the battery in my copper nemesis with a .5ohm build for a few days. Then a buddy of mine upgraded to a brass stingray with a magnet switch. I gave it to him to use. It fired a few times. And now nothing?!? It no longer works in any mod with any size build. It does nothing when I put it on my i4 Intellicharger. I've already bought new batteries but is there any saving this one at all??

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Rick. Either your buddy over-discharged your battery during use and its dead, or he somehow shorted the battery and it unknowingly vented dead. What was his coil resistance? Did anything get hot while he used your battery?

The only way to see what's going on with the battery is to use a digital multimeter or 510 voltage meter to measure the battery voltage level. If it still has 2.5 volts left, it could be revived with a top quality charger like an xtar VP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread