Thinking about jumping into mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
So for the past month and a half, I've been using ego twists. I have 3 of them. I plan to keep using them, but after watching probably hundreds of vape videos, and reading daily here on ECF, I am just too curious to stop where I am at. Originally I wanted to wait 6 months or so and buy a provari. I still plan to buy a provari eventually, but I am getting curious about what else is out there.

I've seen that the silver bullet is pretty popular, and not as expensive as a provari. I'm thinking that this might be a logical step up from ego batteries. But I'm not dead set on it. I like having a variable voltage device (ego twist), but I have found that I'm usually sitting at 4v most of the time. I don't adjust it very much. So a fixed voltage device would probably work fine for me.

So can any more experienced users recommend something, and maybe suggest an ideal setup. Should I get a kick?, Or what size battery should I be running? Any info would be appreciated.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
If you buy the ProVari, you won't need a kick. The kick is about $50, so if you buy a tube planning to add the kick, you really haven't saved much money anyway (especially since you may need to buy an extra cap).

I like the Vamo, it's less expensive and no telling how long it will last, but it will give you an idea if you want a larger, better hitting PV than an eGo. I use my Vamo and ProVari when I am not using my favorite, the REO.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
One you don't see discussed often is the Saber Touch. It is available in several configurations including a Kicked version, VV, 5 volt regulated, and 3.6/6 volt versions. You can go with one of their standard colors or they will do any custom color you want. You can ever go Max and stack 2 18650s in a 5 amp VV version.

Shopping

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I've got a Silver Bullet and a Baby Bullet. I haven't used either of them since I got my eGo Twists and my Apollo VTube. I'm hooked on variable voltage.

My advice would be to just get the Provari and be done with it. It will save you money in the long run. And you can buy a Provari "blem" unit now for $140.

One thing I really do like about the Bullets, though, is that they are mechanical and are built to survive almost anything (especially the big Silver Bullet). If I knew I was gonna go through the "vapocalypse", I'd want the Silver Bullet along with me.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I've got a Silver Bullet and a Baby Bullet. I haven't used either of them since I got my eGo Twists and my Apollo VTube. I'm hooked on variable voltage.

Interesting. So you think a silver bullet would be a step DOWN from a twist? I like VV too, but like I said earlier, 90% of the time I'm sitting at 4v. I don't mess with it very much.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Interesting. So you think a silver bullet would be a step DOWN from a twist? I like VV too, but like I said earlier, 90% of the time I'm sitting at 4v. I don't mess with it very much.

its not so much about adjusting the voltage as much as a SB is unregulated and performance will drop as the battery gets lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread