I have officially saved money

Status
Not open for further replies.

CigFreedMike

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
New England
I won't save a dime for at least 6 months. In the first week of vaping I have spent $666.21. :icon17: I've been using a ProSmoke M40x variant that I will probably send back and get a eGo Twist, and I've ordered a satin black ProVari V2 as well as one of the blemished chome ProVari's just for giggles. I should be pretty decked out this week when it all comes in. It will be great as I'm tired of the ProSmoke already, I've had enough juice in my mouth for a lifetime IMO.

I look at it as a long term investment in my health and eventually monetarily.

That's ok, your health comes first. If it's any consolation, I definitely broke even in terms of what I'm supposed to have saved and the equipment I got, but I sure as hell don't know where all that extra money has gone!!!! It's like..what am I doing with it???? I guess, buying more food shopping or vitamins or something.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
That's ok, your health comes first. If it's any consolation, I definitely broke even in terms of what I'm supposed to have saved and the equipment I got, but I sure as hell don't know where all that extra money has gone!!!! It's like..what am I doing with it???? I guess, buying more food shopping or vitamins or something.

I know right where my money has gone. IKEA. In the last month or so I've gotten a new coffee table, an arm chair, an ottoman, and 3 end tables. But my apartment looks so much better now. Used to have hand me downs from Mom. Nice stuff, but too dark and well, it was all probably 15 years old in style. Everything now is light fabric and wood. So my apartment feels cheerier, which means I feel cheerier. So I guess another benefit. Well being. :)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
+1 here - I may have to live for another 40 years, even with a pad costing ridiculous amounts of money in this State. Sigh. Too many toys - but definitely healthier and more fun!

Same here. It will be along time before I catch up. The nice thing is that now, because of vaping and not smoking, I actually have the time to do it. I am no longer a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. ~$1700 spent so far. EEK!

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
The end of this week will see me hit the "provari money sitting in my net saved cell" on my spreadsheet. I don't really care, and I'd rather buy juice, atomizers, another twist, and some odds and ends……but if you don't go too crazy, it's not that hard to save money.

There are times when I think that I'd really like something…even simple things like a Silver Bullet or a BB…a pass through would be cool…I haven't tried a rebuildable…that I'd love to have a dripping-only mod sitting in a nice box on my coffee table……and I kinda just don't……I just hope I stay happy with what I've got long enough to have Empire money sitting around when a gunmetal, black, or blue one shows up in the classifieds. Or, better yet, when they make more.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Yeah.

September 12th I should start saving lol

Have to make another juice order before then that will push it back some.

Been changing hardware a lot but selling before buying so not making additional investments.

Would have been saving by now if I hadn't of purchased hardware and juices for the still smoking wife.

Still think the ProVari I bought after 2 weeks was a great move. The 2 18650 Ego's after 1 week....not so clever lol The initial Ego C kit bad fail that I can't really whine about as it started me vaping !

Still don't know how I got to $1700 in 2 months starting but I learned so much and coming up to 6 months continue to do so.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Thank you for making me feel like I have self control :laugh:

I had none lol

Actually still have little but after that initial barrage it is more a case of selling stuff I perhaps shouldn't have bought and buying hardware I am interested in.

So now my vape equipment looks very different but have not actually spent more than about $40 in the last 5 months.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I'm $200 in the hole based on my banner, but the incidental pop, chips, gum, etc probably have me at about even since I am not at the gas station every damn day.

I'm in the same boat. I crunched the numbers and compared my cost of smoking vs vaping and came out almost even for the first month. However, my checking account told a different story. I'm easily $150+ ahead due to all of the other junk that I picked up when I stopped for smokes.

All the soda, chips, jerky, and lighters really add up to a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread