I have quit vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Well, first off, I will be smoke free for 4 years this coming December 17th. My ecig got me away from tobacco for GOOD! My health has improved vastly due to this. I want to thank this forum for helping me wander thru all the various questions I have had along the way. I read reviews and made my choices based on these reviews. I have seen vaping and ecigs evolve in just the few years I have been using my ecig. It sorrows me to see how we are being attacked by people of ignorance but with the power to affect many lives. The info is there and easy to find and yet, we still get knee-jerk reactions.....in a way, I give up.

But, mostly, I have stopped due to my being sensitive to nicotine. I am a 58 year old man who has PKD (polycystic kidney disease). I have had to stop using salt and caffeine due to my health. I find that I am now hyper sensitive to both.....

I had been weaning myself off of nicotine and had gotten down to 6mg juices. I thought I was doing good and was happy to continue using at this level. When I smoked, I got to a point where every time I inhaled a puff, I would often get the hiccups! Dunno why....I finally started getting the same thing with my ecig even at 6mg. I had become more sensitive to nicotine. So, I finally one day decided to quit. Man oh MAN! I was short tempered for 5 days!!!! It was like trying to quit smoking altho not as intense!

Anyway, I have now been off the ecig for almost 2 months and my BP is 10 points lower! (PKD gives me high BP) So, I guess my ecig was agravating things for me. And, as I stated, I am sensitive to the nicotine. I know I could use 0mg juice but, I miss the throat hit that is lacking with 0mg juice.

I am a singer and my voice has even improved more since quitting the vaping. I wish I had quit smoking years ago. Thank you ecigs for getting me off the tobacco.:)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Great for you!
thumbsup.gif

Bold Rascal

Aug 20, 2014
United States
I too quit smoking thanks to vaping. When I did this I was telling myself I did not want to exchange one habit for another albeit a much better or at least healthier habit..So much for that!

Nicotine is indeed the "evil entity" of our particular vice. Like you I also eventually pushed my juice nicotine levels down to 6 and am happy at that level. I do however have a few bottles of 0 nicotine juice which I partake from time to time. Someday I hope i will be able to accomplish what you have decided to do and be "Free at last".

I hope your health improves vastly and all the best to you..

Gandalf the White

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
United States
Congrats!

When I started Vaping I thought it was just a means to an end. Like you were, I am enjoying the "fun" in it. I have also worked down from 18 to 12 nic in just 1 month... I am not sure I will ever loose the hand to mouth addiction so I am not sure I will ever stop but really want to eventually quit the nic as well.

Good luck and all the best to you and your health.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I've noticed more and more since I hit my 30's (I'm 50 now) that being a grownup has pretty much been all about undoing all the bad habits and behavior I developed in my youth. The list of things I had to give up was epic, and smoking was the last to go. Frankly, it's been a royal pain giving up all the things that made life interesting and fun, but as Grimm Green always says, it is what it is. I have no plans to give up vaping, at least not in the foreseeable future, but I unconditionally support and congratulate you on doing what's best for you. You don't see posts like this very often around here, and I think it's important for all of us to note that vaping can and will continue to be different things to different people, whether a means to an end or an end in itself.
Take care, Hogie, and all the best to you!

Rabbit Chaser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
I commend you. I am leaning towards wanting to be free of all nicotine vices but the hand-to-mouth is my issue. It seems to ground me when nothing else does. As I work on my personal issues and knock them down one by one, hopefully I will someday have no need for my vape security blanket, but until then I am grateful it got me off coffin nails, thankful for this awesome community and enjoying the calorie free sweets I get in my tanks!

The best of the best to you!

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Hogie, you, sir, are an inspiration!!! Right now, I am in the phase of cutting out cigarettes in favor of vaping, finding the right juice and gear, and all that jazz. I think my 24mg RY4 is likely to do the trick. But hearing about vaping 6mg and then quitting nic altogether is like hearing about some amazing promised land that may just be within my grasp one day.

Interesting about the hiccups--I get those often times with regular smokes. Up until now, I had always assumed it was just too much nicotine.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Enjoy your free hands. :D Also, no more battery charging, tank filling, vape mail waiting.

Personally, I can't picture sitting around with my hands in my lap though. Would love to get there though.

That was the hard part at first. I just try to stay busy with other things. Like playing my guitar or just going for a ride on my Harley. :)

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Hogie, you, sir, are an inspiration!!! Right now, I am in the phase of cutting out cigarettes in favor of vaping, finding the right juice and gear, and all that jazz. I think my 24mg RY4 is likely to do the trick. But hearing about vaping 6mg and then quitting nic altogether is like hearing about some amazing promised land that may just be within my grasp one day.

Interesting about the hiccups--I get those often times with regular smokes. Up until now, I had always assumed it was just too much nicotine.

I think it was my body trying to tell me something. My doctor is proud of me too!

Just set the goal and keep working towards that goal. If I can do it, so can you!

Congrats, I have been thinking of doing the same because I am tired of still craving nicotine all of the time. I picked up a bunch of 0 mg juices a couple of days ago after using 3 and 6 for the last couple of months. 0 is less satisfying than I imagined, it gets me by for an hour or so, but dripping some 3 after a couple of hours of zero is just too glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread