I have the provari and the MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher36

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Gordon, GA
I post how I feel that the vapor produced by the Provari is better then the MVP and then get challenged. I am told that they are exactly the same. I lay out an argument that proves the Provari has a higher range of possible settings. I produce a video showing the coils heating up that indicates the delivery of volts are different between the two products. Then I am told "who cares".

Obviously, there may be those who enjoy the delivery of the volts on an MVP over the Provari. But that doesn't change the fact that they are different.

Like most who have yet had the pleasure of seeing and feeling a Provari they don't care. I didn't... then I got one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
yes, it's human nature lol. just the way it goes, even at the lowest level.

Did we all fight over smokes?

not

only the people that smoked cigars argued, and most of them were rich and had an enjoyable conversation anyways about the merits of this or that. I find on here, it's like a sinking swimmer, if you have a mod that costs more than him, wow, you the bad guy.

why is there no vmax vs tmax vs svd debate?

cAuse they all cost the same so no one cares !

but show a slimmy a something that is woth more than his, and he will try to steal it from you or tell you his does the same for less money lol

who cares, gosh darn golly gee, this forum tries to make a battery sound like rocket science..

Yes, some mods regulate voltage better.

get over it.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I totally agree with your comments. When there are people in the new members forum wanting advice about buying their first APV, I've often suggested looking at the MVP V2. I've never even mentioned the ProVari, other than to newcomers who asked about it.

My Vamo is literally falling apart piece by piece, and when it comes time to replace it, I could see myself buying an MVP V2 as my backup regulated mod. Because of the form factor, I don't think it would work for me out of the house, but I never take my Vamo out (because knocking around in my pocket seems to make it fall apart faster).

-- Glenn

Appreciate it sir. I definitely looked into Vamo's. Great concept, but the follow through seemed subpar. The biggest turnoff for the vamo's was the reported quality of the 510 threads. That would majorly tick me off if threads stripped. I will make a full recommendation for the MVP2 in new members forums, but I always state that if someone has both the passion and the bones, to consider a Provari. Research and time proves it to be a solid quality device that satisfies the needs of a good portion of us out there. I will be ordering a mini within the year because washington just had this tax scare die, but there are plans to revive it next year. I'll have my mini in my hands long before then and a good stock of batteries. Very seriously considering the zombie edition with blue LEDs. My gosh what a piece of art =]

Edit: My Provari is with me all the time. No matter the dress attire, no matter the occasion. We've been through a lot in the few months I've owned her

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
I just checked as well, everything indicates a 3 amp limit, not sure where the other poster is getting his 3.5 amp limit number from, maybe he pulled it out of where the sun don't shine site?

No reason for the smart ... comment wise guy, i dont pull info out of my .... I got the info straight from innokin a couple weeks ago
Furthermore, as ambiguous as the mpv instruction sheet is, you can also find the same 3.5 amp limit mentioned there in the section about the blinking red led and not firing above the devices 3.5 amp limitation.

Here is a copy of that email dated march 4th, directly from innokin...

{MODERATED}

hth

Last edited by a moderator:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Personal attack

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
From Healthcabins website http://www.healthcabin.net/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=438

5. Red LED light will stay on for 5 seconds when a load short circuit is detected or the current of the coil

is more than 3.5A, then no vapor will be produced.

Someone also mentions the 3.5 amp limit in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/484497-power-delusion-ego-twist-vs-itaste-mvp-5.html

and here http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/1qcrc9/mvp_v1_postmortem_plenty_of_pics_a_few_tips_and_a/

No need to jump down the guys throat, call him a liar and then claim he made all of that up.Obviously youre both getting conflicting information from different sources and that sometimes happens when discussing mods and batteries made in China.

Frequently they will say a battery has 3000 MaH hours when it reality it is closer to 2000. Just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Enough

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Danolink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Lincoln NE.
With regards to amp limitations. The Provari doesn't cheat like most other mods. If the current is going to be exceeded, it won't fire. Most other mods, MVP amongst them, will fire, even if the maximum amp limit is exceeded. It fools some people into believing their device will deliver more power than it is capable of.

Now, if you had a Janty Mid, you could get 25 watts, and real time monitoring via the pc, heck it even has a built in oscilloscope lol!

Anyways, for the MVP player, plug your number into this,
Ohm's Law Calculator
If the current comes out higher than 3.0 amps (some say it's 3.5? not sure), your device is not going to deliver that much power.
And who knows, even if a device is rated at 3.0 amps, due to manufacturing variances, it could be a couple points higher or lower. You will never know, as your device will just fire at it's maximum. The devices maximum is not what you set on the screen sometimes. Just cause you tell it to fire 6 volts does not mean it is delivering six volts.
Five volts, 1.2 ohm coil, sure it will fire, but it's not delivering five volts as the devices current limit has been exceeded, it will default to it's maximum, which is considerably lower with a coil at 1.2 ohms. If the amp limit is indeed 3 amps, you can only deliver a theoretical 3.6 volts into a 1.2 ohm coil.

If you exceed the ProVari's amp ceiling, it simply won't fire, it doesn't cheat lol:D

Is their any MVP owners that can tell me how many watts that is?

MVP 2.0 spec here yes it says max amps 3.0 http://www.meshweaver.com/temp/vaping/INNOKIN_ITASTE_MVP_USER_MANUAL.pdf

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Collateral Damage (response to deleted post)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I hope you all have as fun a time as this poor soul on St. Pat's Day! :D
pooh-happy-st-patrick-s-day-best-on-your-postcard-283064.jpg

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
PBusardo did a scope test of the MVP.

It CLEARLY shows that it has a 3amp limit.

Im not doubting that.

Im also not arguing that a MVP has a 3.5 amp limit.

What I was trying to point out is that there are REAMS of information spread all across the internet on many different forums and personal sites, often conflicting. You even see it here on these forums through well meaning but misinformed posts, mistakes, typos etc.I've even been known to post some bad information from time to time myself. No one is a hundred percent perfect but I think the majority of people who post here are well meaning and should be treated with at least a little respect.

The ANTZ and FDA trolls? Thats another story :)

Chinese manufacturers dont help much either. When I was a vendor it was standard operating procedure for sales people to lie and say they were women.They would even volunteer the info unasked for as well as sending a pic to try and influence our buying. Was pretty comical but it goes to show that even with established companies like Innokin you have to take what they say with a grain of salt. They will inflate values or fudge the numbers a bit to make a sale.

Im no longer a vendor because because 5 years ago the FDA was illegally seizing thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shipments and destroying them. This was later ruled unconstitutional but was handled on a case-by-case basis. Many of the smaller vendors like me who had foolishly rolled all of their money into a single order were left unable to pay the legal fees to recoup the loss. Even some larger ones.I know one vendor who lost 250k and in the end the FDA accomplished their goals, at least partially.

We really arent lying here when we say they arent your friend and that weve been fighting them for a LONG time.

The thing that turns me off about an MVP is that its basically a throw away product and in the long run thats not very economical.

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
The behavior in here is ridiculous and shameful. If you can't post within the rules, don't post at all.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

7. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

8. Personal attacks You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

9. Flaming, trolling, other misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
  • Flaming (insults).
  • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
  • Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
  • Posting of vulgar videos.
  • Obscene or vulgar language.
  • Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
  • Multiple identities/accounts - this also applies to Facebookers. Each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums.
  • Improper solicitation of goods, services, or monies from suppliers or other members. ECF is a "no begging zone".
  • Trolling (includes but is not restricted to:
  • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
  • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
  • Spamming for post count is against the rules.
  • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
  • Posting snide comments about another member.
  • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
  • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
  • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I really appreciate your review of the two. I have been thinking of investing in the Provari, but its a lot of money for me. The MVP2 has always seem to get good reviews, the box shape is what has held me back, but I think you may have sold me and saved me money! Thanks for you honesty.

It's a good mod. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I will throw another number out there. You will not get the full wattage/voltage out of an MVP with any coil under 2.3ohms.

I'm a relative newbie and have 2 MVP2's. I just "discovered" CartoTanks and when looking for cartomizers the available ohms run from 1.8Ω to 3.2Ω.

So...based on the AMP limitation of the MVP...I'd get the "best" (most useful) range by buying 2.3Ω (or higher) cartomizers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread