I just 2 self firing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
So my girl (wife) has an I just 2 and loves it. She is smoke free because of it. Now here is the deal she will depress button to vape then release. vape off. It will then occasionally refire on it's own untill you jostle the button. I cleaned it with WD-40. But problem remains. Also with use the button lost it's click. Still works but mushy. Is it a done deal? Can it be reserected? Have replaced tanj and battery previously. She really likes it. With the release of I just 3 this set up is going the way of the Dodo. She calls it her Unicorn, the mythical beast that keeps the cigarettes away. Any help appreciated. May The Force be with you. vape on.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
You lost the clicky noise when you hosed it with WD40. I wouldn't use the mod as some electrical wiring is loose, causing unintended firing. Since she likes it, purchase 2.
Yeah the clicking noise left several weeks ago long before this self firing issue. But thank you for responding

Reactions: stols001

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
You lost the clicky noise when you hosed it with WD40. I wouldn't use the mod as some electrical wiring is loose, causing unintended firing. Since she likes it, purchase 2.
Yeah I purchased the kit. And then when the glass on the atomizer cracked I purchased a new atomizer. And then when the clicky left on the battery I purchased a new battery all separately so yeah I bought two complete kits I guess they've lasted a year so I can't complain. She won't use it anymore scared the heck out of her

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yeah I purchased the kit. And then when the glass on the atomizer cracked I purchased a new atomizer. And then when the clicky left on the battery I purchased a new battery all separately so yeah I bought two complete kits I guess they've lasted a year so I can't complain. She won't use it anymore scared the heck out of her
I wouldn’t either. I had an eleaf start auto firing. It’s gone, I pitched it.

I know that I felt bummed “I paid X dollars, hate to throw it away!” But think of how much you saved not buying smokes. That thing paid for itself over and over.

Get her a couple more or a couple of something else, and rejoice in her non smoking life.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Self firing is not good, I wouldn't use it either. Sounds like you could "build" her a new one. Also, you may want to try a different vape as a backup (or maybe in addition to a second backup of the mod she "loves" but there are also plenty of other starter kits out there that can perform well and perhaps (possibly) be an equally enjoyable vape, still staying on the lower end of price points.

If your wife is doing well with vaping, having one or more backups can really be essential. You may want to look for something with more durability, it's just a thought. However, if your wife is doing well with vaping, having backups will really help her not return to smoking, and that is the ultimate goal, even if it means a bit more start up cost.

Best of luck to me it sounds like an electrical problem (at least at this point). I don't try to fix such issues myself, but I'm not electrically minded.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Anna

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Self firing is not good, I wouldn't use it either. Sounds like you could "build" her a new one. Also, you may want to try a different vape as a backup (or maybe in addition to a second backup of the mod she "loves" but there are also plenty of other starter kits out there that can perform well and perhaps (possibly) be an equally enjoyable vape, still staying on the lower end of price points.

If your wife is doing well with vaping, having one or more backups can really be essential. You may want to look for something with more durability, it's just a thought. However, if your wife is doing well with vaping, having backups will really help her not return to smoking, and that is the ultimate goal, even if it means a bit more start up cost.

Best of luck to me it sounds like an electrical problem (at least at this point). I don't try to fix such issues myself, but I'm not electrically minded.

Anna
thank you Anna and I will certainly take your advice as it is always thoughtful and and thought through not just a random remark to say something thank you we do have backups in the house although my wife does not like them as much as she does her ijust 2. They're either too high power or too heavy or to something. The brick and mortar store is having a clearance and they have one ijust 2 for $30. But you know I have picked all her machines myself. I think she is comfortable enough now to sit and try out some herself. I notice you are particular to the Pico. I just may have her try that at the shop and see what she thinks as I know they're inexpensive and durable by your previous remarks. Thank you so much again. By the way she is a semi DL (light hits) vaper. Also she can vape very high nic for a DL. Her recent images to tank is nearly new and would like to find something that would match well with it thinking maybe the Pico is it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the pico is a great mod and a lot of folks love it. It may be as good a place as any to start, and although you may want some more Ijust2s since your wife likes them and they are inexpensive, moving to a single (external) battery may be the place to go as far as next options. IDK if she'll like the kit or not, but I do know the Melo tanks will take many different coils (I don't have a list, but I'm sure someone will have one) so it may be worth looking at the kit too. Or, just getting a more MTL, restricted topper if that is what your wife prefers.

Best of luck

Anna

Reactions: DeloresRose

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I agree with Anna. I’d pick up a couple of ijusts, because she likes them and that price! Heck I’d buy them for myself at that price! Or just to PIF to someone who’s interested in starting vaping. And if she sees something else she likes, she can try that too, but still have the known favorite.

Just because one went bad doesn’t mean all of them will. I’ve been an eleafer for years. I have had loads of them, still do. Most lasted through more charge cycles than they had any right to. Just the one bad apple, lol.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl

Anna
I have seen you post it several times as I trust your judgment what is the mod you recomend often? Pico, correct? Which model? A tank to go with? Dtl little hits for my girl. Is it Mello3 that comes with Pico mega? She is not a newbie but some of my higher wattage devices are not to her liking. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you so much and have a blessed day.

• Agree

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I have seen you post it several times as I trust your judgment what is the mod you recomend often? Pico, correct? Which model? A tank to go with? Dtl little hits for my girl. Is it Mello3 that comes with Pico mega? She is not a newbie but some of my higher wattage devices are not to her liking. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you so much and have a blessed day.
Oh and what do you think of the zephyrus 2 Sub ohm tank? The drop-ins are odd looking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I actually don't personally care for the pico but I do recommend (the mod) because so many folks like it. I actually my first MTL kit was an Aspire Zelos mod with a Nautilus 2 tank. I think the Melo III would be fine for your significant other though, if she likes "small" DL kits, it would probably be the right type of resistance for her, I'd think. Etc.

So if I'm understanding you correctly I guess she'd potentially like the tank with the caveat that (as I recall) it is a pretty small tank, although I think filling is no big hassle or chore.

If someone asks for a small starter setup, I will often say that the pico is liked by MANY. It's not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons, but it sounds like I don't vape like your GF and I've been at this a while enough to know what I like, which sometimes can be pricy.

There's nothing WRONG with the pico and lots of people swear by them. I just didn't have the greatest experience with mine, but that doesn't mean I don't "like'" it in general, it's an excellent MOD certainly (and kit, for many folks) and the price and size are great.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the subject. If you don't mind an internal battery (I don't generally recommend them that much though I have a few) I might suggest a tarot nano kit, it has kind of "restricted" DL hit and the battery life isn't bad. It surely is small and cute. And, as with any internal battery mod, it has a shelf life. With vaping going where it is I'd be a lot more likely to recommend the pico simply for the fact that it's one of the few mods of its size to have a removable battery and TC capability. Etc.

Hope that helps.

Anna

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I actually don't personally care for the pico but I do recommend (the mod) because so many folks like it. I actually my first MTL kit was an Aspire Zelos mod with a Nautilus 2 tank. I think the Melo III would be fine for your significant other though, if she likes "small" DL kits, it would probably be the right type of resistance for her, I'd think. Etc.

So if I'm understanding you correctly I guess she'd potentially like the tank with the caveat that (as I recall) it is a pretty small tank, although I think filling is no big hassle or chore.

If someone asks for a small starter setup, I will often say that the pico is liked by MANY. It's not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons, but it sounds like I don't vape like your GF and I've been at this a while enough to know what I like, which sometimes can be pricy.

There's nothing WRONG with the pico and lots of people swear by them. I just didn't have the greatest experience with mine, but that doesn't mean I don't "like'" it in general, it's an excellent MOD certainly (and kit, for many folks) and the price and size are great.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the subject. If you don't mind an internal battery (I don't generally recommend them that much though I have a few) I might suggest a tarot nano kit, it has kind of "restricted" DL hit and the battery life isn't bad. It surely is small and cute. And, as with any internal battery mod, it has a shelf life. With vaping going where it is I'd be a lot more likely to recommend the pico simply for the fact that it's one of the few mods of its size to have a removable battery and TC capability. Etc.

Hope that helps.

Anna
Hmm... Like the way the tank is positioned in the center. She never vaped over 80 unless she picks up one of mine. Possible contender. Looks like the tank Sports a wide bore 510. very possibly but obviously the choice is going to be up to her. thank you Vape Jedi. May the force be with you. I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread