I just want to vape.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an Ego, your pretty much set to have a wonderful vaping experience. Just need to get yourself a drip-tip; for a dollar or little more; and leave the carts for the car or at the bar. Dripping may seem like a pain, but I see it as the rutine of finding your liter and lighting up... much more vape and flavor. Just be sure to give your tip a little blow so you don't find yourself choking on fluid..
As for the issue of your burnt atties, I had the same when I was still using carts all day long, they just don't keep the atomizer wet enough - another argument for dripping. But I think you should also troll around for an atty cleaning regiment that's convenient for you.I just cleaned all my 510's over-night in denture solvent. It took a little priming this morning to get one of them going again but it was like vaping on a brand-new atty. I'll definately be doing this once a week for all my atomizers.
Now I don't know how you puff but a 12 second cut-off doesn't mean 12 seconds is anywhere near healthy for an atomizer. I find that 5 seconds is more than ample for a crisp, full, and tasty puff on my Ego.

E-cigs aren't generally marketed as a quitting-aid, but when I turned it into a reflex routine like cigarettes were... cigarettes were no longer in the realm of appealing. Big Tobacco will never get another dime from me as long as these wonderful devices are to be sold. That fact alone was enough for me to endure any pangs of transition.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
I went through a similar problem. I use the eGo with the 510 atty on it. I now fill my cart in the morning and after my initial vape session, I will top off my cart before each session. It is similar to dripping but I only top off and can go for an hour before I have to top off again. Since doing that, I no longer get the "BURNT" taste.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I went through a similar problem. I use the eGo with the 510 atty on it. I now fill my cart in the morning and after my initial vape session, I will top off my cart before each session. It is similar to dripping but I only top off and can go for an hour before I have to top off again. Since doing that, I no longer get the "BURNT" taste.

Yep thats pretty much the same drill I go through daily. Luckily a friend gave me that advice before I started using carto's so I've never had to deal with the burnt taste.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
k I read the first post only so forgive me if this has been said before.

when i started vaping i was using carts of course and like you was messing around for a few weeks trying to find the best way to do it. I had heard about dripping but i didn't want to bother (it seemed like a pain)

but then i just bought some drip tips and gave it a try. i loved it. it didnt bother me and i found it to be so much less of a pain in the ... then filling carts. i've since moved on to a bottom feeder witch is one of the best options for you. but for now i'd recommend getting some drip tips and giving it a chance. its not that bad.

or you could go bottom feeder or even a top feeder (vapemate?)

this has all probably been said already in this thread.

i'll just leave it at this, if i didn't start dripping i'd probably be smoking and not vaping by now.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Ego-t.

I have had it just over 3 weeks.

Burnt taste occurs every 7 days or so, but a wash, overnight dry and reload - gone. After dried out and cart put on it does taste a little burny for 2 or 3 draws but then wears off and all is back to normal - great vapor and lovely flavour.

No dripping hassle either and can vape when out n about without the hassle of dripping. Bingo.

Small leakages when mobile, but nothing worth worrying about tbh and is not leakages down into the battery unit, rather inside the ego cone.

Last edited:

Divulgation

Dec 10, 2010
Minnesota
I would have to agree with hotwire on the Ego-T. I've had mine for about a week now and I love it. I started on a model from smoking everywhere and moved to the 510 and 902 with atomizer and carts. I did the blue foam mod, tea bag all the way up to the zfm mod. Nothing worked consistantly. Then I went back to analogs untill I discovered 510 carto, which did the job. I drip too, but I didnt like the hassle of dripping, I know that's not issue with some people, but it just wasn't for me. I also looked at the juice feeder mods and it just want right for me. Then I found the ego-t and I havent had any issues yet. That's my 2 cents

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I've had very good luck with with my honey flu cured tobacco Cartos from Liquid Xpress. I'm not sure what other flavors they have, but I know I saw some other ones there. They're not too expensive, so you may want to try them as well with some of the other suggestions to find what you're looking for.
I'll second this opinion. Their Honey Flu Cured Tobacco is great even in the prefilled cartos. (so is their Grape!). (possibly other flavors). With that said, with the carto's you can remove the soft top cap with a fork or whaterver is handy and then insert a drip tip so you can refill/top off with ease. (pull the DT, tilt the carto, drop drips like you're filling a beer and don't want suds in order to keep it from going down the center hole where it will flood). Topping off your carto keeps it fresh and can be done repeatedly. Some people get 3 weeks ... but my longest is 3 days.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Bear in mind though that spare ego-t attys currently cost about 16.99 for one atty...

3 weeks in and I am having to blow, wash, dry to get rid of burnt paper taste on BOTH of my attys....

Seems the price needs to go down or the attys be more hardcore for me to not switch to buying 5 packs of regular 501 attys for around $15 and dripping at home and using carts when out.

No way in heck I'm paying 16.99 for an atty that will only perform well without hassle for a cpl of weeks.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I'm at about the point you are: the first blush of romance withh e-cigs has worn off, and now I'm seeing the hassle involved. I used to grab my pack of smokes, make sure a fresh pack was in my backpack, check for a lighter, and I was out the door on my way to work. Now I have a ritual.
- Put one battery on the charger when I get home from work
- Swap the freshly charged battery for the other before I go to bed
- Make sure my cartos are filled before I head out the door for work
- Carry my kit (the size of a small briefcase) to work with me, loaded with all the accessories I need to have a full day of vaping
- Several times through the day, dig out my kit, syringe, needles, juice, refill cartos

I bought clearomizers that hold more, but they suck (not in the good way) on my eGo battery. No flavor, no vapor. Same juice, same battery and it works great on my CE2 LR cartos. I was getting burned out by it, and started thinking that going back to cigarettes would be so much easier than this constant mixing and matching of atty/carto/juice to find the sweet spot. Well, I'm not giving up, and I bit the bullet, blew the budget, and ordered a variable voltage PV. I can bump the power up when I have a normal resistance carto on there, and I can bump it down when I'm using a juice that needs a more restrained method. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will give me the best of all possible worlds - and stop the endless fiddling and swapping to find the right combination. Now I just have to sit back and be patient until it arrives (3 more weeks) and try not to build it up too much so I'm not disappointed when it doesn't balance my checkbook, mop the floors and solve the Middle East problem two days after delivery.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
I found that even with two attys with the same resistance, same battery, same cart and same liquid give me different results. I can't figure that one out. I am an electrical engineer and I understand the voltage, resistance, wattage values concepts with no problems. But, can't figure out why I get a burnt taste from one and not the other with everything else being the same. Both that I used for my test were cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner, blown out with compressed air and left overnight before I tested them. Still no change. I have several other attys so I have just decided to put the burnt tasting ones aside for now and use the ones that work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread