I knew better, I should have never bought a lava tube. Just couldn't leave well enough alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
If it helps Mister Dave i can explain Why VV is so wonderful for me. The first thing i love about it is this. When i get up in the morning the hits usualy seem harsh till ive vaped an hour or two then it clears up. With VV i actually turn the device down to a level that isnt harsh to start off my day and then turn it up later.

Another thing i loved was that i have quite a collection of cartos/attys that I baught to try out on my ego setup. most of which went unused. With a VV device i can find that sweet setting for anything i have in my box so its all getting used now.

Third thing i noticed was flavor subtlties. For instance Carmel Apple. At lower voltages the carmel really stands out. At high voltages the apple is dominant. I can gently adjust till whichever flavor or ballance of the two im in a mood for.

Hope this helps sir.
Just curious as to why you sold it? I keep wondering if VV is better or not. When I see posts like this I wonder why someone sells a VV device and looks for something different. I have an EGO T and a Bulli A2 on it and it works great, but sometimes I feel like I need more TH or Taste. Sometimes after vaping for a good part of the day I seem to loose TH or Taste. So I switch to other flavors and sometimes that does it and sometimes it don't.

I guess I'm wondering if VV is the end all be all. With so many people saying so many conflicting things it makes me wonder if VV is just a fad and people want to justify it or if it really makes a difference. I'm still on the hunt for the good vape but I really wonder if it exists. Don't get me wrong I like what I have now and the A2 saved me from throwing in the towel, but sometimes the vape experience just doesn't do it and the cig is calling and calling. Ive been smoke free for a little over a week now and been vaping for a few months now and having a few cigs a day. So I'm doing better but man those urges are strong sometimes and I guess I feel VV might help stop that feeling.

Dave

landscaper

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Atlanta
If it helps Mister Dave i can explain Why VV is so wonderful for me. The first thing i love about it is this. When i get up in the morning the hits usualy seem harsh till ive vaped an hour or two then it clears up. With VV i actually turn the Device down to a level that isnt harsh to start off my day and then turn it up later.

Another thing i loved was that i have quite a collection of cartos/attys that I baught to try out on my ego setup. most of which went unused. With a VV device i can find that sweet setting for anything i have in my box so its all getting used now.

Third thing i noticed was flavor subtlties. For instance Carmel Apple. At lower voltages the carmel really stands out. At high voltages the apple is dominant. I can gently adjust till whichever flavor or ballance of the two im in a mood for.

Hope this helps sir.

Yes is does. Every morning it takes a few minutes to get used to vaping and with the EGO at 3.4 its almost too much. But shortly after it is fine. But as the day goes on it gets to the point of less and less satisfaction for me and I find that I tend to chain vape especially in the evenings while I'm relaxing. During the day when I'm busy it's not a problem as I don't have much time to vape anyway and I can get by just fine. But on the days I don't work like today by midday I'm losing that satisfaction because I tend to vape more. Sometimes just rinsing my mouth out or brushing my teeth seems to help wake up my taste buds and I'm fine for a while.

Sometimes just eating something helps too. Lately Ive been chain vaping so much in the evenings that I wake up with a sore throat. I'm also afraid of a VV device because if I'm getting a sore throat now what the heck is going to happen when I turn up the heat. I also have been experiencing sore lungs in the morning and I don't know if that has to do with vaping too much in the evening or my lungs healing from smoking.

I guess I'm looking for more satisfaction from vaping. None of the liquids Ive been using really do it for me and its not really the vendors fault. I think its more me than anything else. I didn't start vaping with the mindset of doing it forever, I don't want to replace one habit with another. I just wanted a better way to quit.

I smoked for 20 some years and quit back in 2001 and I used the patch and gum and it was the worst experience in my life. Both were just terrible products and although it worked eventually the experience was terrible. A little side note.... when I quit back then I went through such terrible withdrawals that I thought I was going to die. I had chest pains and irregular heart beats, could not sleep at night,nightmares, anxiety and on and on. This lasted for a few months but it gradually got better as time went on and then eventually after about 6 months or so I felt like a million bucks. I mention that as a little side note to those that have quit and are now vaping and are scared because of them feeling some or all of the symptoms I felt and are thinking it is the vaping. Well its not, its the after effects of smoking trust me.

I felt like a drug addict and never knew you could experience that sort of thing from quitting smoking. One more thing on that is I'm not the type to get sick or go to the doctor or blow things out of proportion so I'm not exaggerating that experience.

I was off smoking for about 5 years except for an occasional cigar, then my father got in really bad shape and ended up dying and with that whole experience I ended up starting to smoke again back in 2006 and have been ever since until now.

So that is my situation and I apologize for the long response but I thought it necessary so that you know where I'm coming from. I don't see myself vaping for a long period of time or at least that is not my intention, but just long enough to not cave in and go back to smoking. I do enjoy vaping to a degree but my satisfaction with it is mediocre at best.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Its Great you are approaching it with the intention of quitting. I was only intent on a replacement habbit. I also tried patches and gum. The ACT of smokeing was always what was missing. I think im more fond of that than the nic addiction by far. I myself am already down to 6mg Liquid at home and forsee myself going to Zero and continuing to vape. I ENJOY the vape process itself now.

The VV will adress your late afternoon need for "more" out of your PV. Useing a Boge 3.0 Tank i start my day near 4.4v. Work up to 5ish and by late night im at 5.5 and I find it very satisfying.

There are plenty of cheap options to try out VV Madvapes box mod. Lava tube (which i know your quite aware of lolz) But what i started on that convinced me that VV was Viable was this. EGO 900mah Variable Voltage Manual Switch Battery They are NOT the best thing out. and the Quoted voltages are off. the high setting is actually closer to 3.9. But it did give me a look at how just a few points on the voltage could effect my hit and that VV was for me.

And in the Long run if you DO buy an expensive VV and want to quit you will always be able to find a buyer in the ECF classifieds to make a good % of your investment back.
Yes is does. Every morning it takes a few minutes to get used to vaping and with the EGO at 3.4 its almost too much. But shortly after it is fine. But as the day goes on it gets to the point of less and less satisfaction for me and I find that I tend to chain vape especially in the evenings while I'm relaxing. During the day when I'm busy it's not a problem as I don't have much time to vape anyway and I can get by just fine. But on the days I don't work like today by midday I'm losing that satisfaction because I tend to vape more. Sometimes just rinsing my mouth out or brushing my teeth seems to help wake up my taste buds and I'm fine for a while.

Sometimes just eating something helps too. Lately Ive been chain vaping so much in the evenings that I wake up with a sore throat. I'm also afraid of a VV device because if I'm getting a sore throat now what the heck is going to happen when I turn up the heat. I also have been experiencing sore lungs in the morning and I don't know if that has to do with vaping too much in the evening or my lungs healing from smoking.

I guess I'm looking for more satisfaction from vaping. None of the liquids Ive been using really do it for me and its not really the vendors fault. I think its more me than anything else. I didn't start vaping with the mindset of doing it forever, I don't want to replace one habit with another. I just wanted a better way to quit.

I smoked for 20 some years and quit back in 2001 and I used the patch and gum and it was the worst experience in my life. Both were just terrible products and although it worked eventually the experience was terrible. A little side note.... when I quit back then I went through such terrible withdrawals that I thought I was going to die. I had chest pains and irregular heart beats, could not sleep at night,nightmares, anxiety and on and on. This lasted for a few months but it gradually got better as time went on and then eventually after about 6 months or so I felt like a million bucks. I mention that as a little side note to those that have quit and are now vaping and are scared because of them feeling some or all of the symptoms I felt and are thinking it is the vaping. Well its not, its the after effects of smoking trust me.

I felt like a drug addict and never knew you could experience that sort of thing from quitting smoking. One more thing on that is I'm not the type to get sick or go to the doctor or blow things out of proportion so I'm not exaggerating that experience.

I was off smoking for about 5 years except for an occasional cigar, then my father got in really bad shape and ended up dying and with that whole experience I ended up starting to smoke again back in 2006 and have been ever since until now.

So that is my situation and I apologize for the long response but I thought it necessary so that you know where I'm coming from. I don't see myself vaping for a long period of time or at least that is not my intention, but just long enough to not cave in and go back to smoking. I do enjoy vaping to a degree but my satisfaction with it is mediocre at best.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Welcome to my world. I hope you enjoy your stay. :lol:

Why? Because I LIKE it. It's made vaping an entirely different experience. So, I started wondering about some of the others out there and I went on and ordered a reo grand AND a paws mod and I'm stalking the volcano site waiting for the red lava tubes to drop. At least I told myself I HAVE to wait until next payday before I pull the trigger on a roughstack. And if I like the grand, I'm pretty sure I'll want another as backup. And if I like the Paws, I'm sure I'll want a Shine too......and so it goes.

For 13 months I was perfectly content with my eGo. I think I've lost my marbles :blink:

And I'm not gonna even talk about the tanks and atties and cartos I've added to those orders...

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
That is one of the great things about vaping, you can turn it into a hobby. I know I have. My son and I constantly discuss new mods, juices etc.... There are so many things out there that I want to try. I love my LavaTube and can't wait to get a red on. I just hope the paint doesn't rub off. The red LavaTube moniker is rubbing off mine, but it is my favorite e-cig so far.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Just curious as to why you sold it? I keep wondering if VV is better or not. When I see posts like this I wonder why someone sells a VV device and looks for something different. I have an EGO T and a Bulli A2 on it and it works great, but sometimes I feel like I need more TH or Taste. Sometimes after vaping for a good part of the day I seem to loose TH or Taste. So I switch to other flavors and sometimes that does it and sometimes it don't.

I guess I'm wondering if VV is the end all be all. With so many people saying so many conflicting things it makes me wonder if VV is just a fad and people want to justify it or if it really makes a difference. I'm still on the hunt for the good vape but I really wonder if it exists. Don't get me wrong I like what I have now and the A2 saved me from throwing in the towel, but sometimes the vape experience just doesn't do it and the cig is calling and calling. Ive been smoke free for a little over a week now and been vaping for a few months now and having a few cigs a day. So I'm doing better but man those urges are strong sometimes and I guess I feel VV might help stop that feeling.

Dave

I don't know if a vv is the 'end all be all' but vv is NOT overrated! I have an assortment of 3.7 devices and one vv device. I buy LR (1.7 resurrectors) because I can use them on everything. BUT I love my vv bottom feeding army tank! when the 1.7's paired with the 3.7 don't do it for me.. putting them on the vv device certainly does! I don't care if it's an inexpensive madvapes vv box or lavatube or the provari... a vv device is a must have for me. I just discovered chibi tanks and they are wonderful! I couldn't use it on the vv box because of the catch cup and when using the tank on the 3.7 box, while it was nice and all.. I just couldn't get as much satisfaction as I needed. I found a 510-510 adaptor (the catchcup prevented me from screwing the carto/tank down as far as it needs to go to make a good connection) and was able to put it on the vv box and WOW what a difference!

Last night I went to the grocery store.. I grabbed my army tank (the army tank is a vv bottom feeding device, when I say "tank" I'm talking about the chibi tank).. the chibi tank (which had warm sugar cookie in it) was almost empty but the bottle inside my army tank (which has tastyfinger in it) was full. When the chibi tank ran out, I then effortlessly switched to bottom feeding and had plenty to last me till I got home and into today. (plus a new flavor to enjoy)

If you're curious about vv.. it can't hurt to get a madvapes box, you can always set it to 3.7 if that is what you like or move it up or down, depending on what you want at the time. I stuck with 3.7 for a year and am so glad I finally got a vv device. With a tank, I now don't have to rely on bottom feeding (but it's still nice to have) so I'm looking into getting another vv device. I don't collect mods but I do research and buy what I need to keep me from going back to smoking. I don't know yet if I want to just go the cheap route and get a $35 madvapes box or a lava tube or a provari or just get another army tank. It's all about enjoyment and getting what you need. Its a hobby for sure but in the end it's about getting away from cigarettes.

I do know one thing.. I'll never purchase another fixed voltage device.

Last edited:

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA

Dave

My husband was having the same experience as you. Most days vaping was okay, but he would feel an urge for an analog once in a while. He was using eGos, so instead of trying to figure out which mod to buy that would let him use different batteries for different voltages, I bought him a vv mod. He only vapes one juice, and we mostly use Boge 3.0 cartos so for him it could be overkill entirely. Maybe he could have found his perfect vape with a regular mod. For me, I vape about 20 different flavors regularly. I know for sure that I like them at different wattages, so instead of dealing with different batteries for different voltages combined with different ohms to reach the perfect wattage, it just seemed easier for me to get a vv and only have to deal with changing the voltage for the given juice.

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX

Dave

When the cost of cigarettes went through the roof here in Texas, I started to look at what Indian Reservations in other states had to sell for smoking. The cheapest I could find were filtered, flavored, little cigarette sized cigars at about $13 a carton. Swtiched to cherry & strawberry flavors. Smoked those for over a year. Then when I saw all the stuff about personal vaporizers, I first started with Volt's cigarette style and, naturally the cherry & strawberry flavors. That got me off the combustionable cigarettes completely. Then came the ego's and now using a Silver Bullet. I think it was the fact that I no longer craved or desired the taste for tobacco that helped. All my flavors are anything but tobacco. Fact is, almost a year later, I don't even like the smell of tobacco. Right now I'm vaping a Rootbeer Float ... yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread