I love this build! Guess they are "super nano" coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaggerr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I loved it so much I made my first youtube video about it. It's 2 coils of 11 wraps of 28g kanthal coiled around a piece of 28g kanthal. Came out to 0.21 ohms and is the best vapor production I have ever built! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_RnbI_Ibc. These are the coils. Was planning on a quad but it was just WAY too hot! Let me know what you think.
JvEaO2hl.jpg

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I loved it so much I made my first youtube video about it. It's 2 coils of 11 wraps of 28g kanthal coiled around a piece of 28g kanthal. Came out to 0.21 ohms and is the best vapor production I have ever built! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_RnbI_Ibc. These are the coils. Was planning on a quad but it was just WAY too hot! Let me know what you think.
JvEaO2hl.jpg

I'm would like to see em installed and wicked up, if its not too much trouble. I made nano's once on 1/32" drill bit, and those were really f-ing small but I was disintegrating the cotton inside them because it was so hot. That was in a kanger coil though lol. Didn't ever put em in one of the drippers. The problem is I take 7-9 sec pulls and I think I'd run into the same issue. lol I was wrapping on an 18g needle an decided that that was too small. This might work for me if I bed them or dragon wick them. Let me know how many sec it takes to dry. I'm ok with a one-hitter, but I have to get at least one whole hit. :vapor:

Tbaggerr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Yes, they sit on top of a large cotton cloud. I pretty much stuff the entire deck (not too tightly) after I mount the coils then push them down a bit into the "cloud". By after juicing it up I try and make sure that they are about 1/2 to 3/4 submerged in the wet cotton. After the first time of moving the cotton around to make sure there were no spots getting red in a 6 sec burn, I haven't had to really mess with the cotton all day (some minor adjustments will be required though). Great vapor production and great flavor! If you can take a 9 sec pull off this build you are a tougher man than me lol!!! It usually dries in about 10-15 seconds
of firing time. Pic kind of sucks but this is after about 24 hours of vaping it and my phone camera sucks donkeyballs!

HaQIxtBl.jpg

Last edited:

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I made something along those lines that worked really well. It was four 28g 8-wrap nano's on the 18 gauge needle, and they were all down in a cotton bed. It was dangerously sub-ohm though... I nicknamed it "The Swamp Monster". Without the cotton it lit up like a light bulb hahaha I bet yours isn't to far off that either. I will give this a try sometime. Maybe on my RSST... I'm a glutton for punishment if you can't tell. :D

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Just vaped that "super nano" dragon thing. I'm awestruck. Speechless. It blew me away. It makes a huge f-ing dense cloud, great flavor and TH, and I haven't reduced the top cap yet. While I test fired it, she was shooting streamers so much it looked like fireworks. Its crazy how good it is. Finally got coils in there that will be staying longer than an hour. Thanks, Tbaggerr. Your coils rock!

and dosent that block the airhole?

Nope. I was worried it was too close but the airhole is just under the coil openings where its tapered in a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread