I love this build! Guess they are "super nano" coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
bender, so you just wrap cotton around the coils? is there any cotton going into the wick hole that leads into the tank?

Nope. Its just tucked under and pushed back until you can just barely see the wick hole. Just so you know, I have a 1/8" airhole and that was still an aggressive vape. If there's more than 20% pg in your juice it will knock the back of your throat out. And you have to kinda weave the cotton in between the coils because that's were it will get hottest. It was an extremely difficult build, and if you succeed in doing it, hold it away from you when you test fire it. lol

bizzy511

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
garden grove ca
Nope. Its just tucked under and pushed back until you can just barely see the wick hole. Just so you know, I have a 1/8" airhole and that was still an aggressive vape. If there's more than 20% pg in your juice it will knock the back of your throat out. And you have to kinda weave the cotton in between the coils because that's were it will get hottest. It was an extremely difficult build, and if you succeed in doing it, hold it away from you when you test fire it. lol

lol thanks for the tip. I probably won't try it anytime soon, but it's good to know that it's possible to do that type of build on the rsst.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
lol thanks for the tip. I probably won't try it anytime soon, but it's good to know that it's possible to do that type of build on the rsst.

Almost anything is possible. I just got lucky to have it work on the first attempt. I guess I thought it out well enough (not likely, probably just luck) lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
My question is can it be done horizontal for a genny such as an rsst . I know it can for a dripper but since the head signature is hottest in the middle of the coil - even went tilting it would heat the bottom middle but not the too middle if that makes sense (the coil area not facing the wick hole)

Maybe if cotton was resting on top and below with the coil entry open for airflow it can be done . Just need to make sure that not tok much cotton is used or it will not wick right / in this case less truly is more . The less used the faster it will rewet.

Thoughts ? Or should we stick to the semi vertical method ?

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I did complete the horizontal built (search vapedivr on youtube) and i did about 10 wraps of 28 gauge for 1 ohm. After squeezing the coils the long leg doesnt glow but i'm sure there is heat coming off it. what i did was make sure that cotton was resting on the leg also so that when re-wets itself it keeps the leg wet also. That got rid of any off putting taste. but its really works amazing. I love it.

I like to take the top cap off just to watch it boil and pop - and unfortunately waste juice lol. But it really is great. Im using the RSST now more than ever. and the trick really is not a lot of cotton. If you use too much cotton it wont wick right, i have never experienced such a truer statement. It needs to be very little for cotton in order to wick fast and a lot. If you give it too much cotton, gravity and the gods stop it from wicking.

There are so many posts out there complaining about cotton and wicking in a genny. and i know this is off topic but people really need to take the less is more seriously. I have 1 MM of cotton going into the tank on my other RSST auto dripper and its perfect every time.

anyway, nano coils with no wicking inside (like this thread shows) is the way to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread