I lowered my Nicotine level *gulp*

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrynight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
the galaxy
So after a little over a month of no analogs and vaping I lowered my nic level. I'm nervous that I am gonna suck this thing like a pacifier to get my normal amount and keep looking for ways to try not too. I was looking on line for ideas to stay distracted :?: They suggest exercize, healthy foods and eating less sugar. I was hoping that one would say watch tv and eat yummy chips but no such article exists.:blush:

Cee_Jay

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Rochester NY
I've went down to where I'm at now ... 4mg from 24mg.
I started at 24, then to 18 and then decreased by 2mg each time over the course of a year so it was gradual and I didn't suffer nic fit's.
Trick is go slow , don't rush and you won't miss it.

That's how I've figured it - Started at 24mg and quickly discovered 18 was better (for me). Three weeks later dropped to 11mg. My next batch of juice will be 8, but I still have that bottle of 24 when I need a BIG one :)

Jenn1181

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
NW GA
I'm down to the 6-8mg nicotine level. I was vaping 24mg when I first started. I only vaped 24mg the first week before the throat hit became offensive to me. I bumped it down to 16mg. Now I'm at 8mg. I'm at 8mg, because I don't need the TH and I like to vape frequently, so it's sort of like pacing myself. Will I ever do 0mg? Perhaps. I still feel more comfortable with frequent vaping at one of the lowest nic strengths available through most vendors.

Drink lots of water. Vape when you feel the urge. For times you don't want to vape, but feel you're going crazy, freeze up some grapes and eat those. Frozen grapes are awesomely awesome.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I made the decision today to take my first step down from 24mg to 18mg. The title of this thread caught my eye, because it's exactly how I feel. I'm nervous that suddenly my wonderful new vaping life will come crashing down on me because i'm not ready yet. The family budget isn't going to withstand me having to order again right away either. I guess i'm just looking for reassurance that this drop won't be a major deal. I vape like a fiend already, so I don't know how I could vape any more. I guess I just need to not let myself run completely out of any of my 24mg juice til I know it'll be alright. Doesn't keep me from being nervous, though. I'm rambling, so I'll stop now.

Last edited:

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I have various juices and prefilled cartos from 24mg to 0mg....I haven't found my favorite juice so far and having a hoarding tendency so I don't throw anything out! Bought a bunch of juices on the classifieds here to try.... so at any given time there is no telling what I will be using... even have a bunch of 'mystery cartos' (borrowed the phrase from another thread) that I forgot to label when I filled, and some that started out as one flavor and I have added who knows what to them.....

So I don't worry about the level or whether I will ever quit vaping.... just enjoying not smoking.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Just take it as baby steps when you cut down nic.... slower removal gets a better success. If you drop 2 or 3 mg per month or 2 months or 3 months...you really won't notice much of a change if any. I surprised myself when I started vaping 0 nic in the evenings....I don't even notice it !

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Give yourself some time before dropping the level, I wait about 6 months between drops. Your not running a race, your getting over one of the most addictive chemicals known to man. If you rush it like my former roommate did you'll wind up back on analogs. It's taken me almost two years to get down to 12mg, and I haven't had any desire to go back to analogs.

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
I started stepping down my nic again from 36mg (when my Dad died this Feb) to 10 mg right now. I DIY, and really only vape one juice, so I have been mixing up a months supply at a time. Next mix I will be going down to 8mg, but if it does not work for me, I will just add a little more nic base to raise it back up. I have been going down slowly, and still only use an average of 3 ml a day. I have been vaping for 11 months, quit a ppd marlboro smooth habit using 24 mg, and was down to 12 mg by the beginning of this year. That is when all h#ll broke loose, Dad sick, son had emergency surgery, my last semester of school and a long personal illness (5 weeks of visiting nurses and IV's) but by increasing my nic to 36mg, I avoided going back to analogs.
Don't be afraid to step up the mg when you need to- the point is to avoid the cig's!

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
I was able to drop 3mg per month untill I hit 3mg total nic. It was quite easy actually if you step it progressively like that. I do DIY so that makes it easier as DesiG said. I have been fighting for zero nic for about 8 months now. I bumped up to 4mg and have tried goin to zero mmany many times. That's the hard part, with zero nic there is zero throat hit. I spew massive clouds of vapor and it feels like I just took a deep breathe. This one is tough for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread