Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
P
All you have written about the Miboxer C4-12, in other threads, plus your experiences with the charger got me seriously looking into it. And several very good reviews I've read across the net.
I will be picking one up. Thanks. ;)
I think you’ll like it. It’s well built and I like all the room it’s got especially when charging my 21700’s. I’ve been auto charging some of my married sets of 18650’s and a set that was bought at the same time I’m charging at 0.8 amps. I want to see how much quicker the auto charged sets degrade compared to the set I’m charging more conservative. One thing this charger is good at is keeping cells cool. My xtar and Liitokala get much hotter when I charge at 2 amps then the miboxer does at 3. When it auto charges my 18650’s it takes one hour and 15 minutes or less. Compared to two and a half three hours at .8 amps. Also for a heads up there is a newer version of the C4-12 that is identical but it can set charge rates across all four bays at the same time instead of having to do it bay by bay. I’m not sure of any other differences or a way to differentiate the old C4-12 from the updated one. You just have to ask the vendor I suppose. Anyhow good luck and I hope you enjoy your new charger as much as I enjoy mine.

Update: after looking around it seems the new upgraded C4-12 has 2 buttons unlike mine which is a single button. Here’s a pic

72884D1C-33E8-47FE-9EE8-66C961BB06CD.jpeg

Here’s a breakdown of the differences:
40F8D472-D857-4B8A-8514-30B1C08BAA60.png

Last edited:

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
The charger Mooch reviewed was the Miboxer C4-12 which is different from the C4 V3. There is a newer version of the C4-12 that has some minor improvements. Unless I missed it and he also talked about the C4 I think you’re confusing the two. I’m a miboxer fan and the C4-12 is my favorite charger. It can charge up to three amps across all four bays and it monitors temp. And when auto charging picks rate by IR of the cell. Lots of great features but it’s in the $40 range so a bit more than the C4 V3. There is also a C4 plus which appears to be pretty great. They make some great chargers but could use some improvements naming them to avoid confusion about which is which. You may know all of this in which case I apologize but I thought you may be confusing them which is completely understandable with the similar names.

I'm often confused, it's an old age thing! There are many versions, some are identically named and boxed as you say... the seller I spoke to was also confused.

Mine does temp, seperate charge rate for each cell etc. I never charge at 3A, it's too much imho.

On the bottom mine says - C4-12, the seller told me it was the V3 2019 version. Not sure what the improvements are.

PS - mine only has one button, but you can set charge rates all at once or seperately. Looking at that comparison thing that has just been posted, it's wrong!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
P
I think you’ll like it. It’s well built and I like all the room it’s got especially when charging my 21700’s. I’ve been auto charging some of my married sets of 18650’s and a set that was bought at the same time I’m charging at 0.8 amps. I want to see how much quicker the auto charged sets degrade compared to the set I’m charging more conservative. One thing this charger is good at is keeping cells cool. My Xtar and Liitokala get much hotter when I charge at 2 amps then the miboxer does at 3. When it auto charges my 18650’s it takes one hour and 15 minutes or less. Compared to two and a half three hours at .8 amps. Also for a heads up there is a newer version of the C4-12 that is identical but it can set charge rates across all four bays at the same time instead of having to do it bay by bay. I’m not sure of any other differences or a way to differentiate the old C4-12 from the updated one. You just have to ask the vendor I suppose. Anyhow good luck and I hope you enjoy your new charger as much as I enjoy mine.

Update: after looking around it seems the new upgraded C4-12 has 2 buttons unlike mine which is a single button. Here’s a pic

View attachment 830021

Here’s a breakdown of the differences:
View attachment 830023
@madstabber , thank you very much for all the info. I do appreciate it, big time. When I was looking for the new version of the C4-12 I saw what you were saying with the different "C4" versions. It did take a bit but I was able to find the 2 button C4-12 (per your photo + Miboxer's web site). I ordered one a few minutes ago. Thx again man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread