I need a Vuse Like e-cig that actually works (and that is not Vuse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cconti

Apr 6, 2011
California
First, let me apologize for putting this on the general forum. I looked at all of them and could not find a better forum to post this.

I own several e-cigs, from Itazte MVP to various Ego, EGOT and other who's brand I don't remember. Some work better than others, but none are exceptional and all have a fatal flaw as far as my wife is concerned.

1) They are noisy. I love to vape in bed while I am reading late at night, but the click of the switch and the crackle that comes out really get on my wife's nerves. I have purchased more Cigarette like kits, but al of them are nosier than my wife can suffer.

2) Maybe I am unlucky, but no single product has lasted for more than 2 or 3 months and many had sub-par performance in that narrow period. batteries that deplete quickly, lack of power, some stopped working for no reason others(variable voltage) broke and reset at the lowest setting every 3 puffs. Even the Pass-through EGOs, of which I bought several, eventually break (by break I mean no longer work even in pass-though mode. Just dead) and don't seem to deliver a decent experience after a while. I buy the popular atomizers and clearomizers everyone else seems to be using. It's not them. I buy them in bulk and they work OK as long as they are mated with a brand new battery.

Then some time ago, I purchased 2 Vuse and their overpriced refills at a nearby convenience store. The taste is horrible, to the point where I only use the Menthol. They don't last long because there are metered and finally they are very, very expensive.

However, on the plus side, they work flawlessly. The puffs are perfect. Always just right. The batteries seem to be made of unobtanium. The same 2 batteries I initially purchase are still going strong and don't seem to have any issues as far as losing power or lasting less. This is after 6 months of daily (if just nocturnal) use. They charge quickly and hold the charge far longer than anything else I own, especially considering their size.

The biggest issue with the Vuse for me is price and flavor, but otherwise I find it's the perfect e-cig. And as far as my wife, she loves them because they are completely silent while still delivering a satisfying puff.

As most will know, their trick is a microprocessor that modulates power and delivery as well as preventing the user for using the refill after a certain number of puffs, otherwise I'd be refilling them.

So I am wondering: is there a commercially available equivalent to the Vuse that last as well, delivers the same satisfying experience (minus the taste) is silent and has similarly reliable batteries?

I have a drawer full of Dead egos and other brands. Even the more expensive ones eventually fail in some way. But not the Vuse. Keeps going and if the refill were not so horribly expensive, I'd keep using them, but beside not wanting to give money to cigarette companies, especially when Vuse is lobbying to ban mods and mail order e-cigs, they are just too expensive.

I have read that the Vuse Microchip is actually quite common, but no one so far has been able to hack it so we'd be able to reuse them for longer than their puff limit and I have been unable to find an e-cig of any shape with an equivalent and noiseless delivery system.

I will take suggestions. Thank you.

cconti

Apr 6, 2011
California
Thank you kindly for your suggestions so far.

There is a couple of things I maybe forgot to clarify.

1) Sound: No e-cig I have could be defined as noisy. Not during the day. However, try yours in the dead of night when the house is quiet and it'll likely will sound like someone is scuba diving next to you. It's quite unsettling what kind of difference there is between daytime and nighttime use

2) I am not necessarily looking for real cigarette form factor. Just for something that's silent and delivers powerfully. Also something that doesn't go on my pile of dead e-cig inside the first week of use.

3) Cost is a factor. The Vuse refills are very expensive because they cannot be refilled. Something refillable is definitely preferable.

Thanks again

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
If you want something realy silent i would suggest something like an Joyetech e-roll or similar. Which you can refill with the caps. And they can deliver quite some hits before the battery dies out. Might be something for bed time use.

(Sorry for the big font text, for some reason i can't change it. I even reloaded eciggforum but my text is still way to big :S )

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
If you want something realy silent i would suggest something like an Joyetech e-roll or similar. Which you can refill with the caps. And they can deliver quite some hits before the battery dies out. Might be something for bed time use.

(Sorry for the big font text, for some reason i can't change it. I even reloaded eciggforum but my text is still way to big :S )

The eRoll is ridiculously overpriced and the tanks are nearly impossible for noobs to figure out. A Volt is a dependable cig-a-like battery that is the same size as a cigarette. You screw on a pre-filled cartridge and you're done. Also, a 90 mAh battery (eRoll) compared to a 240 mAh battery (Volt)... The Volt wins hands down.

The Volt can also come with a PCC (portable charging case), just like the other cig-a-likes out there.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
The eRoll is ridiculously overpriced and the tanks are nearly impossible for noobs to figure out. A Volt is a dependable cig-a-like battery that is the same size as a cigarette. You screw on a pre-filled cartridge and you're done. Also, a 90 mAh battery (eRoll) compared to a 240 mAh battery (Volt)... The Volt wins hands down.

The Volt can also come with a PCC (portable charging case), just like the other cig-a-likes out there.

After some googling, i agree with you. I assumed (never heard of it before) Volt thing was a nearly the same thing.

But for all the "pen-styles" i can't rly recommend anyone of them(for regular vape use). But since he wanted a silence one - i recommended the only one i know what is completly silent :)

Even say what i started with vision spinner + mpt2 makes noice. And from there on all mods and up will make noice. So there's why i recommended e-roll since i know they can deliver a few good hits and they're silent (imo best of the cig-alikes) But i might be wrong there. :)

Edit: After some even more googling, i would still say e-roll is the silence one. But yea there's way better vape hardware out there. But for silence Joytec e roll doesn't make any noice at all. The Volts i found are extremely similar to egos unless my google fails me.

Last edited:

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I am surprised no one has mentioned trying to flush and refill the old cartomizers, like the old days. Or you can try just adding liquid (unflavored if you don't have something similar). There are vids out there showing how to flush and condom fill if you don't have a syringe. I can't tell but looks like a 4081 connection, does anyone know? Some vendors still sell the empty ones. hth!

MrAngry

Feb 11, 2015
Plover WI
I'm not sure how noise sensitive I am, but when I wake up in the morning, my house is silent. My MVP 3.0 and Sub tank Nano is quiet on low watt modes, which is where I usually set it for early morning vapes. The button doesn't click, it's more a soft touch. The coils only crackle when I crank it up..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cconti

Apr 6, 2011
California
OP here. Among my many working and failed e-cigs I have had some that seemed quite silent to me, yet in the dead of night they were noisy enough to bother my dear spouse. Clearly, she is hypersensitive to the noise, but she is happy with the Vuse.

Neither of us is happy with the Vuse's price and I am certainly not happy with the waste and the taste of the Vuse. I hate having to toss a carto that very likely has a least double its expended life.

By the way, I tried several e-cigs available commercially in retail stores and I haven't been impressed by any of them.

The nJoy Recharge was OK, but the batteries died in very short order and the refilled cartos didn't work well (and I was very careful to refill them with a syringe and very little juice so it wouldn't spill or choke it.

I tried the BLU (not the plus) and that was a disaster. The batteries were useless. One didn't even last long enough for the cartos that came with it, and the other battery lasted only slightly longer. I have not tried the BLUE+ but I didn't want to waste yet more money.

The Vuse is really the only battery that is still going strong after so much use over a long period of time. I really hate paying that much money for their foul tasting cartos.

In any event, I received some really helpful suggestions from this thread and I'll be using them one at the time. The moment I find one that is equivalent (hopefully better) to the Vuse but lets me use my own juice and lowers my costs I will post back to let any future readers benefit from my research.

If anyone has other brands or systems to add, go ahead. Things change rapidly in this business.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: cross post

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama

I second the Volt!!!

Reactions: Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    The moment I find one that is equivalent (hopefully better) to the Vuse but lets me use my own juice and lowers my costs I will post back to let any future readers benefit from my research.

Regarding the Volt:

$6 for a pack of five blank cartomizers. You prime them just like any other carto, only it doesn't take as long. You can use any juice you want.

Here is the link for them: Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread