Vuse Alto Burnt Pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v3nn3m

Feb 20, 2019
I recently bought a Vuse Alto, and i really like it a lot, but im having a big problem with burnt pods. The starter kit came with one pod, and i bought 3 packs of replacements and so far out of 7 pods, 6 of them burnt and are basically unusable because the burnt taste is so strong, and each one that burnt is way more than half full. I literally just put in a brand new pod about 20 mins ago, and i hit it maybe 5-6 times and its already burned, and ever since the 2nd pod burnt on me, i have been very cautious to not take big hits, and to wait like a little bit between hits, and it still happening.. idek i really like the alto but this is crazy, and i tried covering the hole and trying to suck juice thru ike it says on youtube to fix the burnt pods, but that really dosent work, it covers up the burnt taste a little, but its still basically unusable.

So i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem and maybe had a solution to this or even knew why its happening?.. I called vuse and they offered me a coupon for a bogo on my next purchase, which was like completely unhelpful, bc i dont want to buy more pods, if there all just going to burn..

thanks

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
I recently bought a Vuse Alto, and i really like it a lot, but im having a big problem with burnt pods. The starter kit came with one pod, and i bought 3 packs of replacements and so far out of 7 pods, 6 of them burnt and are basically unusable because the burnt taste is so strong, and each one that burnt is way more than half full. I literally just put in a brand new pod about 20 mins ago, and i hit it maybe 5-6 times and its already burned, and ever since the 2nd pod burnt on me, i have been very cautious to not take big hits, and to wait like a little bit between hits, and it still happening.. idek i really like the alto but this is crazy, and i tried covering the hole and trying to suck juice thru ike it says on youtube to fix the burnt pods, but that really dosent work, it covers up the burnt taste a little, but its still basically unusable.

So i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem and maybe had a solution to this or even knew why its happening?.. I called vuse and they offered me a coupon for a bogo on my next purchase, which was like completely unhelpful, bc i dont want to buy more pods, if there all just going to burn..

thanks
I'm using the vype ePod which is identical to the Vuse Alto (just rebranded for the Canadian market). I've had a few pods that give a burnt taste as well, as little as 1/8th into the pod. Luckily vype will replace them, but when I carry the device, I always make sure I bring an extra un-opened pod, just in-case I get a dud, and I'm not stuck somewhere without nicotine.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
In my opinion if you are having that much trouble with the vuse it may be time to get something else. Even a juul might be a better option, yes the pods are expensive, but they are also far more consistent than what you are discribing. I think out of the 15-20 four packs of pods I had maybe 2-3 dud pods, but no nasty dry hits even when chain vaping and taking successive short hard puffs.

Obviously if you have the option I would suggest a refillable pod system or even a small stick mod with a mtl tank. Hell if you wanted to you could pick up a cheap ego pen and a $5 tank and probably do better. Initial cost of the device might be a bit higher than the average gas station solution, but you'll save a lot of money over buying prefilled pods. You'll also have the option of putting whatever juice you want in it rather than being stuck with 4-5 flavors and 1 nic level.

I don't have a lot of modern sugetions for vape gear, but if you are interested in something more reliable I'm sure there will be plenty of sugestgions from other members. The ego one might not be a bad choice, I got mine for like $12 online. The coils last a decent amount of time, no dry hits, good battery life, and the coils can be rebuilt or just replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread