I need battery advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If you're asking about testing voltage red lead on top of battery black on bottom, set on a 6v or 9v range/scale.

If your asking about how to determine if they need to replaced ( end of lifespan) you can't really using a multimeter.
Replace them if they won't charge to 4.2v or drop when resting a few minutes to hours, or have a noticeably shorter run time than when new.
They have an average lifespan of 300 - 500 recharge cycles, many things can influence that to be lower, heat, cold, improper storage, age, over charging / discharging, charging rate, amp demand to name a few.

Last edited:

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
If you're asking about testing voltage red lead on top of battery black on bottom, set on a 6v or 9v range/scale.

If your asking about how to determine if they need to replaced ( end of lifespan) you can't really using a multimeter.
Replace them if they won't charge to 4.2v or drop when resting a few minutes to hours, or have a noticeably shorter run time than when new.
They have an average lifespan of 300 - 500 recharge cycles, many things can influence that to be lower, heat, cold, improper storage, age, over charging / discharging, charging rate, amp demand to name a few.

Thanks for the advice that is what I needed to know

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not completely sure how accurate or useful it would be, but a couple of chargers will show you how many mAh a battery has after charging. For example, say you have 3000mah battery when new. After about a year of use, you test for the current mAh rating on the charger. The charger may measure the mAh as 2500 mah, so gives you an idea how much the battery has aged over time.

xtar_vc2_USB_charger_05_www.smokeyjoes.biz_.gif

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not completely sure how accurate or useful it would be, but a couple of chargers will show you how many mAh a battery has after charging. For example, say you have 3000mah battery when new. After about a year of use, you test for the current mAh rating on the charger. The charger may measure the mAh as 2500 mah, so gives you an idea how much the battery has aged over time.

xtar_vc2_USB_charger_05_www.smokeyjoes.biz_.gif

I have an Xtar VC4.

And I Look at the Starting Voltage and then the Ending mAh to get a gauge if the Battery is accepting the Same Amount of mAh as the Battery Ages.

Here is a Heads Ups:

Both the Xtar VC2 and VC4 can charge at 0.5 and 1.0 Amp depending which bay you put the Battery(s) in or which Bays are Full.
The Xtar VC4 can charge 3.7 Volt and Ni-MH/Ni-CD AAAA, AAA, AA, C and D batteries.
But the Xtar VC2 can Only charge 3.7 Volt batteries.

So I would suggest if some is going to get either a VC2 or a VC4 that they get the VC4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread