Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
This is the deal! I'm trying DIY for my first time. I would love someone to help me make a recipe using what I have. I have 60ml/36mg 80/20 pg/vg base, 15ml of Flavor Apprentice Cinnamon Danish, and 4ml of Flavor Apprentice Vanilla Swirl. I want to use all of the 60ml base to use for the recipe and I can handle 36mg nic so no dilution of base is necessary. Please help me!!!

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
It will end up lower then 36mg after flavor is added. I vape 36mg sometimes anyway. I just don't want to overload the flavoring. The calculator is great for an experienced DIY person. I can measure the flavoring using a 5ml syringe. I think I will do 12% Cin. Danish and 6% Vanilla Swirl. What do you think?

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I think that sounds perfect. :vapor: You can alway add more if you need to yes the nic will go down a bit. do you need me to punch that into the calculator? I have it on the puter. I think 9 drops equals 1 percent in a 30 ml bottle but I am not positive if its 6 or 9 without looking at the calculator. Either way you are going to add alot of drops.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
My advice would be.....Don't mix all of it at once, especially if this is your first time. Play with a 3-5 ml sample until you get the flavor you want, unless you're willing to go for all or nothing. It's just not that cut and dried---soooo many factors. Go small. If you get it right, then and only then should you tinker with your entire batch of base. If you're like the majority of DIY'ers, your first batch just might end up in the kitchen drain. Mine did. :( The good news is, sooner or later, you'll get that just right taste you want. Good luck! Take it slow for now.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
My advice would be.....Don't mix all of it at once, especially if this is your first time. Play with a 3-5 ml sample until you get the flavor you want, unless you're willing to go for all or nothing. It's just not that cut and dried---soooo many factors. Go small. If you get it right, then and only then should you tinker with your entire batch of base. If you're like the majority of DIY'ers, your first batch just might end up in the kitchen drain. Mine did. :( The good news is, sooner or later, you'll get that just right taste you want. Good luck! Take it slow for now.

Yeah good point. If you are not sure about the flavors I'd do a smaller mix too.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
LOL!!! I'm the idiot that has to make mistakes, even doing so after being told to the correct way to do something. I couldn't agree more with you on making a small batch. I figured WTF and just mix it all. I won the base and the flavoring was cheap enough. I'm sure I will like it. The only possibility I see happening is me having to go to a pharmacy and buying some pg or vg to cut down the flavor.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I'd like to add one thing-- 20 percent flavoring for me is high in an 80/20 PG/VG base but I am a weirdo who like's milder flavoring and I know many people here talk about 5-25 percent on alot of these diy flavors. Based on that I think you'll probably like it but if you want to err on the side of caution you could add 10 or 15 percent total with the two flavors and then add more if you need it.

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
My 2 cents:

Capella's Cinnamon Danish Swirl is one of my favorite flavors. I find TPA's to be too cinnamony strong.
Try a 5ml batch first!

I would flip your ratios and have the Vanilla Swirl be the 12% and the CDS be the 6%.

See Scott if you yell long enough you get some help :toast:---that actually sounds better to me too but I am not a big fan of cinnamon in a vape. Good to know Sophie that the flavor tends to be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread