SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Ham Sandwich

1 Paper Towel
2 slices of bread......(any kind you like)
1 or more slices of Ham......(any kind you like)
Mayonnaise, Mustard (or whatever you like)

Take a paper towel and tear it off the roll.
Lay the paper towel on the counter.
Place 1 piece of bread on the paper towel
Spread a portion of Mayonnaise, Mustard (or whatever you like) onto the piece of bread
Place Ham on bread
Cover Ham with 2nd piece of bread

Done.

Eat it, and wipe excess Mayonnaise, Mustard (or whatever you liked) on it away with the paper towel.
Throw paper towel into the trash bin.

Now you've ate and there is no messy dishes afterwards!!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Everybody mentioning Onion Soup mix reminded me of something I came up with for a friend who said he just wanted "noodles and ground beef"... :D Ha!! (and it's done in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the noodles!!)

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 package wide egg noodles (approx. 1lb)
1 envelope Onion Soup mix
2 cups water
2 tbsp. corn starch
Ground pepper (optional)

Fill large sauce pan with water, set on High heat to boil... then cook noodles according to package directions.

In the meantime, brown hamburger in a large skillet.
Add onion soup mix and stir until well mixed together, add water and corn starch... cook on med./high heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Season with ground pepper if desired.

Serve over cooked noodles.

I like to saute some extra chopped onions in with the beef, but it's not necessary... unless you love onions like I do!! ;)

NOTE: It works out better if you mix the cornstarch with a couple spoons of water 1st before adding it to the beef mixture (it's called 'making a slurry') No lumps that way!! :)

Last edited:

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
NOTE: It works out better if you mix the cornstarch with a couple spoons of water 1st before adding it to the beef mixture (it's called 'making a slurry') No lumps that way!! :)

NOTE: Mixing Cornstarch and water makes what is called "Non-Newtonian Fluid". It isn't tasty.......but its FUN!!!!!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Last edited:

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
That's what it was last night. LOL It's definitely an easy one! We added cheese though ;)

Ham Sandwich

1 Paper Towel
2 slices of bread......(any kind you like)
1 or more slices of Ham......(any kind you like)
Mayonnaise, Mustard (or whatever you like)

Take a paper towel and tear it off the roll.
Lay the paper towel on the counter.
Place 1 piece of bread on the paper towel
Spread a portion of Mayonnaise, Mustard (or whatever you like) onto the piece of bread
Place Ham on bread
Cover Ham with 2nd piece of bread

Done.

Eat it, and wipe excess Mayonnaise, Mustard (or whatever you liked) on it away with the paper towel.
Throw paper towel into the trash bin.

Now you've ate and there is no messy dishes afterwards!!

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
i'm a crockpot lover!
here a couple of my favorites:
1) put the following into the crockpot: pound of veal cut into cubes, a sliced onion, pepper, some powdered soup mix or fat free chicken stock, and two cups of lentils. i like to keep it in the crockpot for as long as possible, and if you like lamb, it works well with the veal as well. This recipe is packed with flavor, fiber, and protein.
2) Put either quartered chicken or cubed chicken in the crockpot along with wild rice and chopped potatoes. Add fat free chicken stock, or use a healthy dose of mrs. dash or other spice mix. Add salt to taste. Another variation to this recipe is adding apricots instead of yams which gives it an amazing smell and tangy taste.

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Not really a recipe, but when my kids were school aged I would triple cook meals on the weekend. During the week we would have it as a quick leftover dinner and I would freeze a portion. Pretty quickly the freezer becomes stocked with an assortment of fast and easy dinners. I did invest in a vacuum sealer to keep the frozen meals as fresh as possible.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
brisket in the crockpot.

3 lb brisket, packet of Lipton dry onion soup mix & a jar of chili sauce (I use Heinz).

Cook for 6-8 hrs.

I shred it, add my homemade BBQ sauce & serve with buns.
btw, i made brisket in the crockpot once too. a nice addition is beer and liquid smoke. everyone said it was the best brisket they'd ever tasted.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
btw, i made brisket in the crockpot once too. a nice addition is beer and liquid smoke. everyone said it was the best brisket they'd ever tasted.

I just love the crock pot period!!

Another for when you are around to check on it now and then like busy weekends.

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
(Adapted from Betty Crocker)

1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1tablespoon instant coffee or espresso powder
2 teaspoons baking powder (preferably non-aluminum)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cup hot water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Measure flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and ¼ teaspoon salt into a crockpot. Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and melted butter; blend in nuts if using. Spread batter in an ungreased 9-inch square pan.

Stir together brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ cup cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Stir 2 teaspoons vanilla into hot water and pour gently over all.

Cook on low for 4 hours. Watch it, though because some crockpots cook faster. Once the top has cooked it's ready to serve. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Here's a popular favorite amongst my guy friends..........

Take a frozen dinner from the freezer....

Heat in Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.

Remove plastic film and stir contents making sure that its heated all the way thru. If not.......heat for an additional 3 minutes.

Let meal sit on counter top to cool.

Eat and regret ever doing it.

Swear you won't ever do it again just before running to the bathroom for the next hour.

Come back and pick the tray up off the carpet because the dog licked it clean while you were on the john.

Throw tray in trash bin.

Grab the Pepto and call it a night.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Crock Pot Cashew Chicken

2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces

1 minced garlic clove

2 T. vegetable oil

1 c. chopped fresh mushrooms

1 c. chopped fresh zucchini

2 T. soy sauce

1/3 c. water

1 T. sugar

1/2 c. cashews

cooked rice

Mix together soy sauce, water, and sugar. Add chicken, garlic, oil, mushrooms, zucchini, and sauce to a gallon ziploc bag and freeze.

To cook in the crock pot, add the ingredients of the bag and cook on low 4-5 hours. Stir in cashews 1/2 hour before serving, and serve over rice.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot

One onion

One whole chicken, giblets removed

2 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. thyme leaves

1 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp. black pepper

Quarter the onion and place it in the bottom of the crock pot. Remove giblets from chicken, and rinse and dry it. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spices. Rub over the entire chicken. Place the chicken on top of the onions in the crock pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. YOu'll know it's done when the chicken is falling off the bone.

I should add in a lot of these the meat can be put in frozen. Get a timer for when you want it to start cooking. Some stoves have a timer. :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Kid-Friendly Crock Pot Honey Chicken

4 chicken breasts, cut into short strips

cornstarch

salt & pepper

3/4 c. honey

1/3 c. soy sauce

1/4 c. ketchup

2 T. vegetable oil

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1/2 c. chopped onion

2/4 t. red pepper flakes

sesame seeds

Dredge the chicken breast strips in cornstarch and place in the crock pot, and season with salt and pepper. Mix the remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds. Stir well and add to crock pot. Cook on low 4-5 hours, or on high for 3-4, until chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is thin, remove chicken. Mix additional cornstarch with a little water, and use to thicken sauce. Add chicken back to sauce.

Serve honey chicken with white rice and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
1 pd ground beef
1 med onion,chopped
1 box Bacon & Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can cream of celery
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbs ketchup
1 Tbs mustard
8 slices american cheese

Brown beef with onions; drain.
Place potatoes and seasoning mix in crock, top w/mix of undrained corn and cream of celery soup.
Top potato mix w/beef and onions,-sprinkle w/pepper.
Dot w/ketchup and mustard- top w/cheese slices.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 onion, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 tsp oil
10-oz can Enchilada sauce
8-oz can tomato sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
3 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
15-oz can ranch-style beans, drained
11 oz can of Mexican corn/ or any corn
4-oz can diced green chilies
3/4 –lb cheddar cheese, grated

1. Saute onion and garlic in oil in saucepan. Stir in enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and green chilies. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 2 tortillas in bottom of crock-pot. Layer one third chicken on top. Top with one-third sauce mixture, one-third beans, one third corn, and one third cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times. Top with 2 tortillas.
3. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hrs.

You can substitute 1 lb cooked and drained hamburger for the chicken

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Crock Pot Lasagna

1 jar spaghetti sauce

1/2 package lasagna noodles (regular, uncooked)

1 container cottage cheese

2 c. chopped fresh spinach

2 cloves garlic

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1/2 c. parmesan cheese

2 c. mozzarella cheese

Mix the cottage cheese, spinach, garlic, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Spread 1 c. spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the Crock Pot. Layer:

lasagna noodles (break if necessary)
cheese mixture
mozzarella cheese
meat optional

Repeat the layers twice more, reserving 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce on top. Cook on low 4-5 hours until the noodles are soft. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and cook just until the cheese is melted.

Serves 4-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread