I need help finding a good 21700 battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Can someone point the way to a good 21700 battery and a site that sells good but inexpensive batteries. I'm about to get a new mod that takes one 21700 battery. The only ones I have are a married pair I use in my Voopoo X217. If I break them up for the new mod I'll need at least a pair to replace them or maybe I should get four so I have a backup pair. Thanks for any help!

Reactions: jwbnyc

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Samsung 40T 21700 4000mAh 35A Battery
    I just bought a pair of those last week from Liion Wholesale. They're .26 cents more there. I tend to buy from the same vendors to keep my card number from being all over the place. I think they must've recently (in the year or so since I last purchased from them..) added PayPal to their payment options. I used that instead of Blurring https://dnt.abine.com my card, which would've cost me an extra 2 bucks. In the end, the batteries + shipping comes out to about 10 bucks apiece. 10 bucks for a good battery doesn't shudder me given that I'll use it for at least close to 2 years and I'll sleep better at night.. :thumbs:

eta: Note that in Mooch's battery chart, he listed this battery as 25A from his testing, I realized that when I chose it, as 25A's still leaves a lot of overhead for my uses. In fact, I would've gotten the 30T as it's a bit more than a dollar less, but the maH's won out..

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    Mooch's blog has all you need to know about selecting the right battery.
    I'm ashamed of admitting that I don't know what I'm looking for in Mooch's blog. It's all another language when I check it. I have no clue what I should be looking for either.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    I just bought a pair of those last week from Liion Wholesale. They're .26 cents more there. I tend to buy from the same vendors to keep my card number from being all over the place. I think they must've recently (in the year or so since I last purchased from them..) added PayPal to their payment options. I used that instead of Blurring https://dnt.abine.com my card, which would've cost me an extra 2 bucks. In the end, the batteries + shipping comes out to about 10 bucks apiece. 10 bucks for a good battery doesn't shudder me given that I'll use it for at least close to 2 years and I'll sleep better at night.. :thumbs:

eta: Note that in Mooch's battery chart, he listed this battery as 25A from his testing, I realized that when I chose it, as 25A's still leaves a lot of overhead for my uses. In fact, I would've gotten the 30T as it's a bit more than a dollar less, but the maH's won out..

Correction: the 30t is 35amp (as per Mooch) and the 40t is 25amp (as per Mooch). Might as well get the extra 1000mah for a Buck, right?

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'm ashamed of admitting that I don't know what I'm looking for in Mooch's blog. It's all another language when I check it. I have no clue what I should be looking for either.
    Watch his videos on youtube, especially the "Minding your mAh's" and "Battery Basics" ones, that may help you learn another language. :cool:

HookTube search

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm liking the Molicel P42A 45A 4200mAH

molicel-p42a_large.jpg

Molicel/NPE INR-21700-P42A 45A 4200mAh Flat Top 21700 Battery - Authorized Distributor

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'm liking the Molicel P42A 45A 4200mAH
    I haven't been keeping as up to date as I should on Mooch's tests, but I'm aware of a few good things he had to say about Molicels' cells. Even though this is a 21700 opposed to a 18650, I'm still skeptical when a manufacturer (or re-wrapper in this case) states an AMP limit above 35.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Mooch tested the P42A and gave his approval on it.
    Darn. I should've gotten two of these then. A buck and a quarter cheaper and more mAh's, and way more headroom than I need.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    @bigbob2322 I've heard that they certainly beat Samsung's 21700's, but they do have a larger diameter which can cause issues with certain mods.
    Yes you are correct I guess I'm lucky because they fit in my devices without issue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread