Unmarry batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Is there any particular reason why I can't unmarry batteries and use them as single batteries from then on? I bought everything in pairs and now I have like four single battery mods and I'd like to keep one kind of battery for the singles and the other kind of batteries that I have more of as the married pairs that have already been paired up for their entire life of use.

If there is an issue with that (which I can't figure out why there would be but I don't know) what would the issue be? would it just be decreased lifespan?

Reactions: AngeNZ

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Is there any particular reason why I can't unmarry batteries and use them as single batteries from then on? I bought everything in pairs and now I have like four single battery mods and I'd like to keep one kind of battery for the singles and the other kind of batteries that I have more of as the married pairs that have already been paired up for their entire life of use.

If there is an issue with that (which I can't figure out why there would be but I don't know) what would the issue be? would it just be decreased lifespan?
There's nothing wrong with permanently splitting them up for single use.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The only reason to avoid splitting them up would be if you wanted to use them together again at some point in the future, but as that doesn't seem to be the case there's no reason not to divorce them.

I'm not sure what you mean by decreased lifespan. They wouldn't have the lifespan of two brand new batteries as they've had some use, but the remainder of their life should be just as long as ever.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

You can always divorce batteries but once divorced they just can't get married again..

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

You can only divorce them under the following terms:

Battery A gets the house
    Battery B gets the dog

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread