KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
.3 still will not be much good on. Mech .13 - .15 and turn it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please don't recommend potentially dangerous builds for single battery mechs, particularly not to people who are new to mechs.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been a vaper for 2yrs. Always built my own coils for my drippers on a regulated device. I just got my first mech mod.. the pulse 24 with the Pulse squank box. I bought an Ijoy 20700 5 Leg to go with it. Building my coils I've not built lower than .19 and to be honest the clouds just aren't there. I want to be safe but this sucks. So.. I would love to know what is the lowest in ohms I can build my coils and still be safe. I've done the calculators and they all say .2 and than other vapors are building as low as .1-.15ohms. I just need a real answer. What's the lowest build I should use? I'm currently using size 30 with 22 gauge kanthal 7 wraps.. can anyone direct me as to where I'm going wrong. What should I use and where should my ohms be to get a warmer vape with good cloud production.

I Don't really care if you are Flavor Chasing with a Single Coil, or if you want to Fog the Room using Multiple Coils, if your using a Mech Mod, the 1st Thing you need to do is set an Amp Limit for the Battery you are using.

If an iJoy 20700 5 Leg is supposed to have a 30A CDR, then I would set the Maximum Amp Draw for it at 27 Amps.

Now I plug that into Ohms Law...

Volts / Amps = Ohms

=>

4.1 Volts / 27 Amps = 0.15 Ohms of Resistance.

So there you are, the Lowest Build you can place on your Mech with that Battery is 0.15 Ohms. Doesn't matter if this Single Coil. Or Two 0.3 Ohms Coils. Or if it is made from 33ga SS or 26ga NiChrome 80 or whatever. You Can't go below 0.15 Ohms.

---

So now you do a 0.15 Ohms build and it Doesn't Hit Hard Enough for you. You Can't Raise the Voltage on a Mech. And you Can't Lower the Ohms because that would draw more Amps than your Battery can Handle.

Hummm? Think about it a Second. What is Resistance?

Isn't Resistance the restriction of Electrons thru a Material. And what is the Byproduct of Resistance that we are interested in? Heat?

If I made a Lower and Lower Builds until I got to a build that had No Resistance, when I Smashed my finger on the Fire Button, guess what? The Coil Wouldn't get Hot. Wouldn't even get Warm. It would just sit there.

So if I want a Bigger, Warmer Hit on a Mech, maybe I shouldn't be chasing Lower and Lower Ohms? Maybe I should think about using a Higher Resistance instead?

And that is Simple to do by just using a Thinner Wire. And a Thinner Wire is going to Heat Up Faster. And a Higher Ohm would Draw less Amps from my Battery. Wow... This kinda sound like Win - Win - Win.

So get yourself a 3 Dollar 50' spool of 24ga wire. And a spool of 26ga. Heck, since the Shipping is going to be about the Same, get a spool of 28ga also. Just for the Heck of it.

And If you Can't get the Hit you want from a Thinner Wire, that's OK. Just place that Pulse back in the Box and send it to me. Because then you will know that a Single Battery Mech just isn't for you.

Good Luck.

TL/DR: Use Thinner Wire and Don't go below 0.15 Ohms with your iJoy 20700 5 Leg Battery.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I Don't really care if you are Flavor Chasing with a Single Coil, or if you want to Fog the Room using Multiple Coils, if your using a Mech Mod, the 1st Thing you need to do is set an Amp Limit for the Battery you are using.

If an iJoy 20700 5 Leg is supposed to have a 30A CDR, then I would set the Maximum Amp Draw for it at 27 Amps.

Volts / Amps = Ohms

=>

So there you are, the Lowest Build you can place on your Mech with that Battery is 0.15 Ohms. Doesn't matter if this Single Coil. Or Two 0.3 Ohms Coils. Or if it is made from 33ga SS or 26ga NiChrome 80 or whatever. You Can't go below 0.15 Ohms.

---

So now you do a 0.15 Ohms build and it Doesn't Hit Hard Enough for you. You Can't Raise the Voltage on a Mech. And you Can't Lower the Ohms because that would draw more Amps than your Battery can Handle.

Isn't Resistance the restriction of Electrons thru a Material. And what is the Byproduct of Resistance that we are interested in? Heat?

If I made a Lower and Lower Builds until I got to a build that had No Resistance, when I Smashed my finger on the Fire Button, guess what? The Coil Wouldn't get Hot. Wouldn't even get Warm. It would just sit there.

So if I want a Bigger, Warmer Hit on a Mech, maybe I shouldn't be chasing Lower and Lower Ohms? Maybe I should think about using a Higher Resistance instead?

And that is Simple to do by just using a Thinner Wire. And a Thinner Wire is going to Heat Up Faster. And a Higher Ohm would Draw less Amps from my Battery. Wow... This kinda sound like Win - Win - Win.

So get yourself a 3 Dollar 50' spool of 24ga wire. And a spool of 26ga. Heck, since the Shipping is going to be about the Same, get a spool of 28ga also. Just for the Heck of it.

And If you Can't get the Hit you want from a Thinner Wire, that's OK. Just place that Pulse back in the Box and send it to me. Because then you will know that a Single Battery Mech just isn't for you.

Good Luck.

TL/DR: Use Thinner Wire and Don't go below 0.15 Ohms with your iJoy 20700 5 Leg Battery.

BTW - If a person is going to Stand on the Bleeding Edge of Ohms for what a Battery can safely handle, then they should have a Very Accurate way on Measuring Ohms.

And not just some Cheesy FT Ohm tester. Or a Mod that Only measures Ohms as a way to Calculate Voltage needed for Watts.

Another Reason to Not Build at the Lowest Mathematically Acceptable Ohm Level. So not knowing what you are using to Measure Ohms with, I would say Don't Build below 0.17 Ohms.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Please don't recommend potentially dangerous builds for single battery mechs, particularly not to people who are new to mechs.

How so with. A 30 amp cell its with in the zone
.13 is 32amps .15 is 28 Amps That’s far from danger

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

Volts / Amps = Ohms

=>

---

Good Luck.

U really shod use 4.2 not 4.1 of ur going to be pushing your ohms law

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

Time to step out of the dark age of MTL mech vaping

How is exceeding the amp limit “far from danger”?

And how is mtl “dark age”?

I think you need to appreciate that your style of vaping is potentially dangerous and to stop recommending it. I’m beginning to think you promote it now just to receive a negative reaction as it happens a lot to your content.

Also, there is nothing wrong with mtl - it is a style probably the vast majority adopt.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
U really shod use 4.2 not 4.1 of ur going to be pushing your ohms law

Go ahead and use 4.2 Volts if you want. All that does is say that there will be No Voltage Drop or Battery Sag of a freshly charged battery.

And that just pushes the Ohm Limit Higher.

Something that you Don't appear to agree with. Or Advocate.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I think you need to appreciate that your style of vaping is potentially dangerous and to stop recommending it. I’m beginning to think you promote it now just to receive a negative reaction as it happens a lot to your content.

11-2-winner-ribbon-png-picture-thumb.png

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Go ahead and use 4.2 Volts if you want. All that does is say that there will be No Voltage Drop or Battery Sag of a freshly charged battery.

And that just pushes the Ohm Limit Higher.

Something that you Don't appear to agree with. Or Advocate.

There is no volt drop for ohms it will still call the same amps the volt drop only comes into play with ur math for watts

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

All that depends on having ridiculously accurate resistance readings (which the devices we have available are not capable of) and brand new batteries without diminished cdrs due to age and wear. An ideal situation that doesn't really occur in real life.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
How is exceeding the amp limit “far from danger”?

And how is mtl “dark age”?

Also, there is nothing wrong with mtl - it is a style probably the vast majority adopt.

Juzz. Well at lest it’s not what I norm say for ohms

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There is no volt drop for ohms it will still call the same amps the volt drop only comes into play with ur math for watts

Forget about the Numbers for a Second.

The Question I would like to know is Why would someone want to Hover right at the Amp Limit of a Battery, or as you have Posted Many Times, exceed the Limits of a Battery, when a Simpler and Safer Solution would just be to use Thinner Wire?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
All that depends on having ridiculously accurate resistance readings (which the devices we have available are not capable of) and brand new batteries without diminished cdrs due to age and wear. An ideal situation that doesn't really occur in real life.

It is Also Based on Every Battery that a person used Matches the Observed Specs of the Battery that was Tested.

ie: No Statistical Variance.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Forget about the Numbers for a Second.

The Question I would like to know is Why would someone want to Hover right at the Amp Limit of a Battery, or as you have Posted Many Times, exceed the Limits of a Battery, when a Simpler and Safer Solution would just be to use Thinner Wire?

Good point I will stop yes I red line my mods I will keep my posting to adv users looking to push it

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread