The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I NEED MY FIRST SUB-OHM TANK!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Daniel Forsyth, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi there,

Daniel is my name and Vaping has become my game!!,

I'm fairly new to the vaping game.
    I have become accustomed to vaping DTL, I smoke ... so the more vapour I can get in at once the better!!!
    I can smoke DTL fine with my Innokin Zenith tank but would like to give a Sub Ohm tank a try.
    Is anyone able to recommend a Sub Ohm tank for me to start off with so I know if it's for me or not??
    I have a Coolfire IV Plus, 70watts.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    A couple you might consider are the Vaporesso NRG and the Freemax Mesh pro. I like my sub ohms with a lot of air, and both of these are wide open. Coils have a good lifespan, as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

One of my favourites is the Vaporesso Cascade. Nice airy vape with almost too much cloud :)

Cascade tank.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Advken OWL
    - top-airflow tank, takes bottom-airflow baby-beast-compatible coils from all kinds of manufacturers.
    - good-looking.
    - very inexpensive but high quality finish.

I'd call it the best general-use subohm tank in existence right now.. I own 4 atm :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    The Freemax Mesh Pro with the triple mesh coils is very good!
    IDK if 70 watts is enough? I run mine at 90 watts

• Like Like x 4
  6. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    The mesh pro triple is rated 80 to 110 watts. I doubt 70 watts would be ok.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steensj2004

Steensj2004 Full Member

Mar 26, 2019
    I love my FreeMax Mesh Pro, I run the single coil at around 80 watts right now.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    It’ll fire lower. I think I had mine under 50 watts, but I do tend to be a lower watt, cool vape kind of girl.

• Like Like x 3
  9. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    An inexpensive way to try subohming, vaporesso estoc tank(around $20). A 5 pack of euc .5ohm ceramic coils(around $10). This will let you know if you like subohm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ArazelEternal

ArazelEternal Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    The Aspire Cleito Pro is a very good tank, especially with the Mesh coils. These coils are rated between 60 and 75 watts, but I often run mine between 50 and 60 depending on the day and time. Even at 50 it provides really good flavor and clouds.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There are DISPOSABLE subohm tanks available for just a few bucks. Geek Vape LUMI Disposable Mesh Tank - Element Vape

[​IMG]

I don't know how well they vape, but they are inexpensive enough for you to decide if you like sub-ohm vaping or not before forking out up to $40 for a good tank.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks for the info. DeloresRose, very helpful. I'll have a closer look.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks All,
    A few more responses than I was expecting!! It's good
    Surely I'll pick a nice one to try from the feedback. The more ... I can get in at once the better, for me!
    Thanks again to charlie1465, tailland, Steamer861, dennism, ArazelEternal, Baditude and of course DeloresRose
    Great Info, thank again,
    Daniel.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Many good recommendations here, but just to stress that it is not just the tank but also the coil used.

If one is looking for the largest selection of coils, both the Vaporesso NRG and Cascade (including the Cascade Mini SE) would be a good option. Vaporesso has a wide selection of GT Core coils but any coil that is modeled around the TFV8 Baby can be utilized. I’ve counted about 20+ different manufactures that make a compatible coil – so coil availability and selection is quite vast.

The Freemax Mesh Pro is a great tank with a about a half dozen different coils that operate at a wide variety of different wattages. I have used the Triple coil that has been mentioned at ~60 watts but feel it doesn’t really start to shine until ~70 watts. But the other coils they offer are very good as well.

Couple other highly rated tanks that come to mind are the Horizontech Falcon, Freemax Fireluke Mesh (coils not compatible with the Mesh Pro) and the Uwell Nunchku.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Priceless feedback, I really appreciate it Punk In Drublic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Of course a personal unique reply is always appreciated,responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this frame/post, this action will notify the respondent of your following response.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I really would like to post Everyone a personal thanks but unfortunately I find it hard to type too much, I have a very bad wrist that gets too sore too often and makes typing difficult. I was surprised with the amount of responses so I just posted a Big thanks to everyone at once, I did give them All a Big thumbs up though

Thanks for the feedback BrotherBob

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.