Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi there,

Daniel is my name and vaping has become my game!!,

I'm fairly new to the vaping game.
    I have become accustomed to vaping DTL, I smoke ... so the more vapour I can get in at once the better!!!
    I can smoke DTL fine with my Innokin Zenith tank but would like to give a Sub Ohm tank a try.
    Is anyone able to recommend a Sub Ohm tank for me to start off with so I know if it's for me or not??
    I have a Coolfire IV Plus, 70watts.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    One of my favourites is the Vaporesso Cascade. Nice airy vape with almost too much cloud :)

Cascade tank.JPG

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    The Freemax Mesh Pro with the triple mesh coils is very good!
    IDK if 70 watts is enough? I run mine at 90 watts

It’ll fire lower. I think I had mine under 50 watts, but I do tend to be a lower watt, cool vape kind of girl.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There are DISPOSABLE subohm tanks available for just a few bucks. Geek Vape LUMI Disposable Mesh Tank - Element Vape

geek_vape_lumi_disposable_mesh_tank_-_black.jpg

I don't know how well they vape, but they are inexpensive enough for you to decide if you like sub-ohm vaping or not before forking out up to $40 for a good tank.

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    A couple you might consider are the Vaporesso NRG and the Freemax Mesh pro. I like my sub ohms with a lot of air, and both of these are wide open. Coils have a good lifespan, as well.

Thanks for the info. DeloresRose, very helpful. I'll have a closer look.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks All,
    A few more responses than I was expecting!! It's good
    Surely I'll pick a nice one to try from the feedback. The more ... I can get in at once the better, for me!
    Thanks again to charlie1465, tailland, Steamer861, dennism, ArazelEternal, Baditude and of course DeloresRose
    Great Info, thank again,
    Daniel.

Last edited by a moderator:
    • Love
    Reactions: charlie1465

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Many good recommendations here, but just to stress that it is not just the tank but also the coil used.

If one is looking for the largest selection of coils, both the Vaporesso NRG and Cascade (including the Cascade Mini SE) would be a good option. Vaporesso has a wide selection of GT Core coils but any coil that is modeled around the TFV8 Baby can be utilized. I’ve counted about 20+ different manufactures that make a compatible coil – so coil availability and selection is quite vast.

The Freemax Mesh Pro is a great tank with a about a half dozen different coils that operate at a wide variety of different wattages. I have used the Triple coil that has been mentioned at ~60 watts but feel it doesn’t really start to shine until ~70 watts. But the other coils they offer are very good as well.

Couple other highly rated tanks that come to mind are the Horizontech Falcon, Freemax Fireluke Mesh (coils not compatible with the Mesh Pro) and the Uwell Nunchku.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Many good recommendations here, but just to stress that it is not just the tank but also the coil used.

If one is looking for the largest selection of coils, both the Vaporesso NRG and Cascade (including the Cascade Mini SE) would be a good option. Vaporesso has a wide selection of GT Core coils but any coil that is modeled around the TFV8 Baby can be utilized. I’ve counted about 20+ different manufactures that make a compatible coil – so coil availability and selection is quite vast.

The Freemax Mesh Pro is a great tank with a about a half dozen different coils that operate at a wide variety of different wattages. I have used the Triple coil that has been mentioned at ~60 watts but feel it doesn’t really start to shine until ~70 watts. But the other coils they offer are very good as well.

Couple other highly rated tanks that come to mind are the Horizontech Falcon, Freemax Fireluke Mesh (coils not compatible with the Mesh Pro) and the Uwell Nunchku.

Priceless feedback, I really appreciate it Punk In Drublic

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Priceless feedback, I really appreciate it Punk In Drublic
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Of course a personal unique reply is always appreciated,responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this frame/post, this action will notify the respondent of your following response.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Of course a personal unique reply is always appreciated,responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this frame/post, this action will notify the respondent of your following response.

I really would like to post Everyone a personal thanks but unfortunately I find it hard to type too much, I have a very bad wrist that gets too sore too often and makes typing difficult. I was surprised with the amount of responses so I just posted a Big thanks to everyone at once, I did give them All a Big thumbs up though

Thanks for the feedback BrotherBob

Reactions: BrotherBob
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread